Estes | How is extra board at Estes.

BradBear

TB Lurker
Credits
How is extra board at Estes Do they make more per mile than say the drivers that just do turns. I know at Abf we are all paid same per mile. Just curious

It’s not a bad place to work. Extraboard gets I think 4 cents a mile more than schedules, but if you cover a schedule as an extraboard driver you get your extraboard mileage rate. Extraboard stays out 5 nights a week. I’ve stayed busy so far, only missed 3 nights work due to no freight since September, and that includes the cyber attack when we had hardly any freight at all. Insurance is pretty good and not unreasonably expensive.

It just depends the area you get ran to. Some not bad at all other times they will get you somewhere where there are several terminals only a few hours apart and wear you out dropping and hooking for 12- 14 hours a day. A lot of drivers love and others just hate it.

It just depends the area you get ran to. Some not bad at all other times they will get you somewhere where there are several terminals only a few hours apart and wear you out dropping and hooking for 12- 14 hours a day. A lot of drivers love and others just hate it.
Yeah I heard that once you get up north you will be mostly bumping terminals and not a lot of miles in a 10-14 hr day

Yeah I heard that once you get up north you will be mostly bumping terminals and not a lot of miles in a 10-14 hr day
Just depends. Night before last I started in Wilmington DE, ran down to Salisbury MD, back to Wilmington then ended up in Albany NY. Left there last night, went to Brooklyn (which is actually North Bergen NJ, not actually across the river in Brooklyn), Edison NJ and ended up in Roanoke VA. Well over 600 miles. I don’t think I’ve run less than 550 a night this week.

Just depends. Night before last I started in Wilmington DE, ran down to Salisbury MD, back to Wilmington then ended up in Albany NY. Left there last night, went to Brooklyn (which is actually North Bergen NJ, not actually across the river in Brooklyn), Edison NJ and ended up in Roanoke VA. Well over 600 miles. I don’t think I’ve run less than 550 a night this week.
Did you stop for lunch?

That’s good. Can’t ask for much more than that. Got a buddy that just applied at Estes out of Greensboro. He interviewed. Was told they would push it on to manager and should hear back within a week. I believe he said he talked to Dale, I think was what he said his name was. He said that he told him pretty straight on how things worked and thought things went well. I told him to be patient. It took me 2 months to get interview with Abf from time I put in application. He wanted to come over here but we have 9 road drivers on layoff so I told him it could be awhile.

That’s good. Can’t ask for much more than that. Got a buddy that just applied at Estes out of Greensboro. He interviewed. Was told they would push it on to manager and should hear back within a week. I believe he said he talked to Dale, I think was what he said his name was. He said that he told him pretty straight on how things worked and thought things went well. I told him to be patient. It took me 2 months to get interview with Abf from time I put in application. He wanted to come over here but we have 9 road drivers on layoff so I told him it could be awhile.
GBO seems to be a pretty busy place… I don’t know any of the management there but I’ve always been treated right going through there.

I’ve been to Albany exactly once. That was the most miserable bunch of people I’ve ever met.