How is SE Freight to work for???

Discussion in 'Southeastern Freight Lines' started by screamingeagle35, Feb 28, 2009.

1. imported_Girn

imported_Girn Member

What the customer service reps tell you is correct. Any application or inquiry regarding a position at Southeastern goes thru the application process. Terminals do not do the hiring directly. They go thru human resource's in that district. In my opinion your best bet is to go online and fill out a online application for the region of your intent. Or, do I not understand your post? Are you a current SEFL employee looking to transfer , or a walk in from the street?

2. screamingeagle35

screamingeagle35 Member

Or, do I not understand your post? Are you a current SEFL employee looking to transfer , or a walk in from the street?[/QUOTE]

I am applying from off the street. I work for Fed Freight right now. So they will be hiring in April?? I guess that explains why it has been almost 2 weeks and haven't heard anything...

3. supahtrucka26

supahtrucka26 Member

Hey fedexman1000, I've been with SEFL for 3 yrs this week, and I'm very happy and lucky to be working here. When I was hired I had absolutely no experience driving a tractor trailer and I didn't have a cdl. The only experience I had was driving a straight truck for a while. I got word of there training program to help train drivers to get their CDL so I applied for it. I started off part-time on the dock in the evening, and worked my up. All the training was company paid and they even paid for my road test, license and hazmat test/fingerprints and Dot card everything!!! Your right, it is very hard to get in, but with persistence and hard work, you can be hired if you want it bad enough. Another cool thing with SEFL, on occasion they ask for volunteers to help out other service centers. I went to Dallas TX for 2 weeks and SEFL paid for everything. Food, entertainment, hotel rental car etc...I know for a fact that the western region of our company is growing extremely fast right now.

The best advise I have for you is get in touch with a service center in your area and ask who is the safety manager. That person will be a key to you getting in. Keep calling and write a letter to him if you want.

SEFL is a great company to work for, but its the only freight company i've ever worked for. One thing is we work hard, they are very strict, and you must pull your load. And remember you will be rewarded with your hardwork. We do take days off, but I get at least 40 hrs a week and that's all I want right now

I remember I almost took a job with Roadway near my house and If I did, I would be jobless right now...

4. screamingeagle35

screamingeagle35 Member

safety guy huh? I can try that,I figured they would look at my driving history and wanna hire me right away...9 years accident free. I am hopeful anyways...

5. supahtrucka26

supahtrucka26 Member

good luck yeah get in touch with the safety man, I'll get his name for you on monday if you want and I'll PM you with it

6. screamingeagle35

screamingeagle35 Member

ok thanks yeah appreciate that man!

7. hotrodder

hotrodder Member

FedExman,

Safety man in Dallas is Robert Gunnoe, thought you were gonna give me a call?-hotrodder

8. screamingeagle35

screamingeagle35 Member

I am,been one thing or another lately...Do you work at Dallas?

9. Puddles

Puddles New Member

I hear you. Yeah, I can remember the Arkansas Freight days. Worked for Overnite 17 years when Harwood had it, good place to be. Then Corp America Union Pacific took it & downhill it went. They brought in slick suits from other industries & ruined a good company. Hang in there, think FedEx is a good overall company & a survivor with all this.

10. rcj52

rcj52 New Member

it's hard to get hired @ s/e from out the st.

Fedexman call the houston terminal and ask for ernie. ask if they are hireing. good luck. The Troublemaker