Yellow | How Is Your Local Handling The "Vote" On OK To Re-Open The Contract?

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
Local 24 (Akron) sent out approximately 650 "ballots" to YRC Freight and Holland members asking them to vote YES to re-open the contract and negotiate, or NO to not re-open the contract and continue on with the present MOU. Ballots will be tallied on Wednesday or Thursday and results will be relayed back to the IBT.

How has your Local handled this situation? Did you have a local meeting with voice vote or secret ballot, did your stewards just take a straw poll, or was nothing done at all? Let us know on this thread!

:Rulz:

there will probably be a meeting this weekend, according to our sunday regular union meeting announcement. ballots are counted friday for our local election, i guess they want to delay until that is done.

No word out of Local 135. We do have our monthly meeting this coming Saturday. Stewards on line haul side have not mention anything either.:regretful:

Over 100 at the Local 728 meeting held this past weekend....no one spoke up for it......A BIG thumbs down in ATL/402 & Holland....and don't forget.....Local 728 gave it a thumbs down in a letter to the members BEFORE the Dallas meeting....not after!.....KK

cant get anyone at local 100 to return my call...KK what is the process to tally up locals voting to authorize international? simple majority of locals, super majority,100%?

cant get anyone at local 100 to return my call...KK what is the process to tally up locals voting to authorize international? simple majority of locals, super majority,100%?
Was made by voice vote....some locals have sent out ballots to the members though....KK

What vote? Nothing's been said to us at local 631. When this suppose to be final?

The Locals are to have meetings this past weekend and the interests of the members to re-open where to be reported to the IBT this week on a conference call....oh well....KK

Our meeting Sunday there was no voting, executive board just took a poll. Executive board asked any members that "thinks" we should open the MOU to stand up & nobody did. We didn't tell Local 299 executive board to tell YRCW no, we told them to tell them FRICK NO. If all of us (as a whole) can't see what this company is doing & how they're doing it, then we don't need to be behind the wheel of a truck, you can't fix "STUPID". YRCW offered NOTHING IN RETURN, this management team couldn't run bathwater without drowning or burning themselves, they sure as hell can't run a company. I know Welch didn't cause this debacle, but if he wants more money, go after Zollars & those thieving bastards who ran these good profitable companies in the ground. As Gene Wilder said in Willy Wonka, "YOU GET NOTHING, GOOD DAY SIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My question would be though, how is YRC suppose to let the banks know by Friday when there seems to be a lot of locals who have not even met yet..This looks like another fiasco to me...

Just my opinion. but if we've stuck it out this long, why not wait and see what comes of this. alot of the negative people on these threads probably would be able to get a job if they had to move on.

Local 24 (Akron) sent out approximately 650 "ballots" to YRC Freight and Holland members asking them to vote YES to re-open the contract and negotiate, or NO to not re-open the contract and continue on with the present MOU. Ballots will be tallied on Wednesday or Thursday and results will be relayed back to the IBT.

How has your Local handled this situation? Did you have a local meeting with voice vote or secret ballot, did your stewards just take a straw poll, or was nothing done at all? Let us know on this thread!

:Rulz:

they never asked to re open the contract they asked for a extension of the present mou

We're told @631 there is and will be no vote. They posted the earnings and it showed enough profit that satisfied the banks to renew or refinance the loans. You guys must come to Vegas because the juice we drink here to believe is much better than the rest of the country. When I state my case as I've heard others talking about voting the question comes up, where'd you see that? As soon as I say truckingboards I get laughed at. Well I'm on vacation for two weeks just cleaned out my truck, ya never know.

Peace out <><