ODFL | How is your yard doing with mty trls?

Redeemed

TB Lurker
Credits
Seems like I am visiting more and more yards where mty's are at a premium. Was in MRT a couple of nights ago and could not find one. One of the shop mech's said they have fixed all the mty's they can that only need quick repairs but all the others need more time for major fixes.

Is this a good or bad sign that mty's in short supply?

Seems like I am visiting more and more yards where mty's are at a premium. Was in MRT a couple of nights ago and could not find one. One of the shop mech's said they have fixed all the mty's they can that only need quick repairs but all the others need more time for major fixes.

Is this a good or bad sign that mty's in short supply?

Local dispatch uses a lot of pups.Some of the customers want the mty's in front of them so they won't have to wait.You can go thru town and see O.D. trailers and jiffs staged at several companys.The shop keeps few parts on hand so most of what they need to repair the trailers has to be ordered.Other words everything is about normal.These problems don't show up till you get plenty of freight........Is it a good sign or bad ? I know it's aggravating to ride around trying to find a trailer but at least they got freight....The way things are now don't get rid of your jiff when you come in to a terminal unless you can see another one sitting.I have seen more than one heated discussion over the use of a jiff.

In des we have plenty of empty pups but we need more empty 48's sometimes you have to wait an hour until they clear out a trailer for you

In des we have plenty of empty pups but we need more empty 48's sometimes you have to wait an hour until they clear out a trailer for you

well don't try to take one out of the KCY yard when you pull a set down to KCY. Were watching you And start weighing your E. bound sets, leave a note in the pouch you have a yard scale I have to go to the pay scales.

Hey CaMaRo I thought my post might look a little rude. I am just joking around really don't give a hoot about what happens in the yard and should say please weigh your trlrs and leave a note in the pouch it saves me a lot of time if I know if they are O/W or not.

maybe next century they will have the new kcy term built and it will have a yard scale but i won't hold my breath:hysterical:

You can beathe easy. Its almost complete. OD symbol stamped in the concrete above the front door. Due to open in Oct. now I think. Yeah I will be glad to have some scales in the yard. E. bound I 70 scale is red lighting every company in every day now have been for a couple of months. I would definitely weigh your E bound out of KCY if it is even close to heavy.

my kingdom for enough damn 53 or 48 to do my job.

gbo runs out of pups pretty regular but i hear its going to slow down a bit so we will see.

they made sat work a fue weeks mandatory for the dock
one week 5 hrs on one of your days off and the next week was 10 hrs
then they made some drivers come in on a sat for 6-7 hrs or so.

we will see in the next fue weeks.

Breaking News. This is really good news. The yard is in complete disarray if there is a MTY you will have to look for it for a half hour and move a trailer to get it. Vans are in the dock drivers are waiting for the dock crew to unload them so they can go do swaps. Drivers and dock workers look tired and dirty working long hours. 841 gears and old crank ups are your only choice in the jiff pool. Nothing is in order everything is back to normal ODs business has picked back up. Wait till it gets even busier than the fun really begins. I am going to cover myself with fifth wheel grease makes you blend in and hide.

Breaking News. This is really good news. The yard is in complete disarray if there is a MTY you will have to look for it for a half hour and move a trailer to get it. Vans are in the dock drivers are waiting for the dock crew to unload them so they can go do swaps. Drivers and dock workers look tired and dirty working long hours. 841 gears and old crank ups are your only choice in the jiff pool. Nothing is in order everything is back to normal ODs business has picked back up. Wait till it gets even busier than the fun really begins. I am going to cover myself with fifth wheel grease makes you blend in and hide.

:biglaugh: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: