ABF | How Long Do I Have To Be Employed To Get Benifits

BOLWARE

TB Lurker
Credits
I Have Been Working With Abf For Almost 3 Months Now.does Your Insurance Start After 3 Months.can Some Tell Me.

I Have Been Working With Abf For Almost 3 Months Now.does Your Insurance Start After 3 Months.can Some Tell Me.

Thats a question for your shop steward or business agent. It depends on your local union's policy.
In my local you get credit for every day worked. If a casual works 12 days in a month then he will get medical benefits for the following month.

But your local may be different.

ABF pays into the union's pension & welfare fund for every day that you work.

Think You For That Info. I Am Really Proud To Be Employed With Abf. I Hope This Is My Last Job Driving A Truck. I Think I Found A Home.

Welcome to the boards bolware. You should be proud to work at ABF, They are a class act company with a bright future. :1036316054:

This is a very good company to work for gladd you got on Bolware thats the same thing i said hope you get every thing you want in this company....[Abf]:thumbsup:

Thanks I Had Estes Fed Ex Ups Freight And Yrc In Mind But I Think I Made The Right Choice. I Have Freinds Who Worked For Estes And All Have Left. That Gave Me A Bad Impression. They Lost 10 Pd Drivers Last Year. All Had Been There Over 5 Years.the Rest I Havent Heard Anything Bad About.

Thanks I Had Estes Fed Ex Ups Freight And Yrc In Mind But I Think I Made The Right Choice. I Have Freinds Who Worked For Estes And All Have Left. That Gave Me A Bad Impression. They Lost 10 Pd Drivers Last Year. All Had Been There Over 5 Years.the Rest I Havent Heard Anything Bad About.
bolware, after having been there and done that, i`m convinced that you made a good decision. abf is a solid/great company to work for. after working for many a companies in a 26 year time spand , even though i was casual @ abf,, they are 1 of the best union-covered,,, ltl period companies to work for. well wishes.:smilie_132:

Just Keep Looking Maybe Something Will Come Open After While.don't Know What City You Are In But People Are Retiring Every Day. Good Luck.

You are definitely in a good place. Take it from someone who has worked for a dozen cos in as many years, and back at ABF for the second time in 5 years. If you can survive the winters, you won't make any more anywhere else in the US for the hrs worked & the benefits. Had it not been for a SERIOUS slowdown in '01, I'd have 5 more years under me. It always looks better from the rearviews, eh???

Another way of looking at it

Bolware - no doubt that could be a concern, but the one thing about this industry is change is inveitable. I look back at all the cos I've driven for since '89, and, except for a few, all have been acquired or ceased operations. Keep in mind that this is almost 10 years post-deregulation.

The main reason I decided to get my CDL after going thru college, is that it is a universal item, good in all 50 states, at least until they figure out how to automate heavy truck operation. I doubt if there are many occupations that can boast that. When I got out of HS, I spent a year as a Computer Science Major. Kind of a mainstream job now, entry level. I could be staring a a screen for the same $$ I make staring out the windshield.

But my scenery always changes! I have even seen the light at the end of the tunnel (It's NJ, but don't tell anyone, you'll ruin the suprise!!!):1036316054: