Holland | How long do we have

as far as local operations go, the flavor of the week is bills per hour. the higher the number the less people will be laid off, and the possibility that others will be brought back. if we do less, you can bet that more of us will be left home. it is time to suck it up and hammer down or we will be deciding our own fate.

Dollar Bill is that you? :biglaugh:

as far as local operations go, the flavor of the week is bills per hour. the higher the number the less people will be laid off, and the possibility that others will be brought back. if we do less, you can bet that more of us will be left home. it is time to suck it up and hammer down or we will be deciding our own fate.
I know that this post was 3/2/08. This is funny. It was tough deciding if this was worth commenting on. But here it goes. Let's see. I'll try to make this simple for you axman. If an employee doubles his productivity, this will ADD more employees? Or even bring guys back of lay-off? How? I'm not taking issue with your point, I'm just having trouble with you insulting OUR intelligence. If you are MGT. I now understand why our company is struggling.:1036316054:

I know that this post was 3/2/08. This is funny. It was tough deciding if this was worth commenting on. But here it goes. Let's see. I'll try to make this simple for you axman. If an employee doubles his productivity, this will ADD more employees? Or even bring guys back of lay-off? How? I'm not taking issue with your point, I'm just having trouble with you insulting OUR intelligence. If you are MGT. I now understand why our company is struggling.:1036316054:
Right on Flash! In this business there is also a breaking point where working faster and harder with less, turns into more damaged freight and injuries on the job. Where do they want to draw the line and who are they trying to impress... stockholders or the customers that ship the freight with us!:1036316054:

Trust me it's all about the numbers.The bean counters don't give a hoot about frieght or customers or employees and don't worry about the next quarter until it gets here.

What I don't understand about all of this is you guys worry about something that none of us has any control over. If we at Holland operated in the high 80's or low 90's and YRC decides to close Holland there is nothing anybody can do. So go to work everyday, do the best you can do just like we have all these years before and since Yellow bought us, and if they close us down, go get another job. Quit making yourselves sick over this. We won't be the first company to get screwed by Yellow, and I'm sure we won't be the last.

Has anyone heard other than me that there has been a change in operations put in? Going to be less road boards and up to 30 ue's in SL? Maybe other terminals too.

What I don't understand about all of this is you guys worry about something that none of us has any control over. If we at Holland operated in the high 80's or low 90's and YRC decides to close Holland there is nothing anybody can do. So go to work everyday, do the best you can do just like we have all these years before and since Yellow bought us, and if they close us down, go get another job. Quit making yourselves sick over this. We won't be the first company to get screwed by Yellow, and I'm sure we won't be the last.
Hey RTM, understand this one time! The day I hired on at Holland was the happiest day of my life, career wise!! Ever since, I have been proud to display that logo anywhere I went. I dont lose any sleep over any of this so dont worry about me. But I am proud to work here and proud to be a Teamster! Rest assured if Yellow shuts our doors I will not be in line ahead of you at YRC/roadway/yellow/whatever you want to call it. I will be done in the freight biz and go for some local delivery job if I can. Home everyday, pay cut, man I hope not. As opposed to gone 6 days and good money and bennies. If it comes down to it i'll get back on my wifes insurance and deal with the family for a while!:biglaugh:

rtm, I see your point. There is nothing we can do about it. However, I not only worry about us losing our jobs. I worry about the ones setting at home right now drawing unemployment. They dont know if they should go find another job or stick it out and wait to see if they will be called back to this one.
It is easy to tell someone not to worry when you are still drawing a paychech. If they are going to shut the doors. Than shut them.
That way everyone knows what to do and they can get on with their lives.

You are probably right. It is Holland now. It was Preston, Redstar, Dugan and whoever else before.
When Holland is done... It will be time for the other ones to start to worry.

I am only speculating. I am not wishing nothing bad on no other YRC companies.

rtm, I see your point. There is nothing we can do about it. However, I not only worry about us losing our jobs. I worry about the ones setting at home right now drawing unemployment. They dont know if they should go find another job or stick it out and wait to see if they will be called back to this one.
It is easy to tell someone not to worry when you are still drawing a paychech. If they are going to shut the doors. Than shut them.
That way everyone knows what to do and they can get on with their lives.

You are probably right. It is Holland now. It was Preston, Redstar, Dugan and whoever else before.
When Holland is done... It will be time for the other ones to start to worry.

I am only speculating. I am not wishing nothing bad on no other YRC companies.

Its already here at Yellow. COO as published recommends active/laid off date as of 4/1/08.
At my terminal we're losing 22 Road. About the bottom 100 were laid off at that time. If put through as written, any of the bottom 100, bidding to relocate will loose seniority and pay their own expenses. In Lancaster, they are relocating Road ops to a new terminal opening in Carlisle. They do not get first dibs to follow their work 45 miles down the road. Those are published work oppurtunities, not a COO.

just hang in there its tuff all over.But like my old daddy told me there is allways going to be x amouunt of freight and there is allways going to have to be x amount of trucks to haul it .We just have to keep the Mexican trucks out of here .

Well it's almost May and still NOT back to work, I should of stayed on the road when I did. I would be back to work, making twice as much money and wouldnt have to put up with all the crybaby stuff going on in the city. Plus I hate waiting by the phone everyday to see if im gonna work today or not.:hissyfit:

I forgot about coming back here to update my earlier post. X475, mentioned my error to me earlier in the week. When I didn't, of course I recieved the following PM. Since I gotta give him credit for correcting me, I'll just post it here.

I dont think you were correct in your post.

There is an active seniority list and a layed off list, dovetailed by seniority from all losing terminals. if bids are filled , then layed off board gets work opportunity in seniority order. (work opp. = transfer to bottom, no moving expense paid. Contract now states relocate across classification and out of region).

However Art 8 Sec 3 paragraph 3 : (paraphrase) if active employees at a given location do not choose to bid the number of positions lost, inactive employees at that location shall have the right to bid as an active employee (emphasis mine). In other words, with dovetail and move expense, as was done with layed off guys who went to CVE and BLT from COL.

Having said all that, we both know they may return from the change meeting in San Antonio with an agreement that stands all logic and contract language on its head