XPO | How long is your day , typically?

He works for one them awesome union shop's that run so efficiently. I think mistic works for yrc so hold your horses before you start with the same old "anti corporate elitist, they're running this place into the ground, ruin the company to drive up stock price" crap.
He is referring to YRC and I'm referring to our terminal and others in the area that are struggling to keep their head above the water thanks for pointing that out I may had not made that clear enough.

He is referring to YRC and I'm referring to our terminal and others in the area that are struggling to keep their head above the water thanks for pointing that out I may had not made that clear.
Then why post his YRC cry story on the XPO thread. I don't care what goes on at YRC. Though it must be all that money losing amazon they took from us. Last I heard there OR was over a dollar and ours is in the 80s

Then why post his YRC cry story on the XPO thread. I don't care what goes on at YRC. Though it must be all that money losing amazon they took from us. Last I heard there OR was over a dollar and ours is in the 80s
I think you should go back and look but didn't post this here he did and he's free to do so. I only responded to his post. The post says how long is your day not how long is your day at xpo .

It was late sorry. I just got out of work and home.
I didn't look at the XPO forum part.
I apologize.
But we have been busy and I'm not crying about that part.
Some of the freight has been sitting there all week. Not all. Just the ugly stuff and some has been sitting there for days. No equipment. No people to move it. That's the problem.
Thing is. This is the time to show we can do it.
We can't.
Ft Worth Tx terminal.
Dallas and Garland have freight falling a off the dock too.
When I left last night we had 9 city trailers packed with freight that had to be unloaded.
No place to put it. Nowhere. Dock or trailers. It's like a warehouse there.

Again.
I apologize for posting this here.
I had to come back and explain I didn't see it was the XPO forum.
I was just responding to an alert. And I was tired.
By no means did I mean anything bad by the post.
I hope you guys are doing well at XPO.
Sounds like it.
We all do the same thing.
Union or not. We are all in this together.

Again.
I apologize for posting this here.
I had to come back and explain I didn't see it was the XPO forum.
I was just responding to an alert. And I was tired.
By no means did I mean anything bad by the post.
I hope you guys are doing well at XPO.
Sounds like it.
We all do the same thing.
Union or not. We are all in this together.
I personally don't have a problem with you posting on here as long as it's not taking jabs at us. Ive never noticed you doing that anyway. I would never take a stab at YRC in your forum but some have come over here and done it. If any XPO guys have done that to y'all that's ashame too.

I personally don't have a problem with you posting on here as long as it's not taking jabs at us. Ive never noticed you doing that anyway. I would never take a stab at YRC in your forum but some have come over here and done it. If any XPO guys have done that to y'all that's ashame too.
I wouldn't jab anyone over anything.
I may get sarcastic.
I keep all my BS over there.
And most of it is sarcasm.
I can see where some guys were coming from about my post.
But like I said I was responding to an old post and it was in the XPO forum. The alerts don't say what forum the post is in. But I didn't look either. So. My bad.

I may get sarcastic.
But like I said I was responding to an old post and it was in the XPO forum. The alerts don't say what forum the post is in. But I didn't look either. So. My bad.
Don't sweat it. Thanks though.

I may get sarcastic.
If anyone bothers to go back and read , I invited those from other companies to post how long their days were. In the end what we do is similar throughout LTL and it benefits us to know what goes on with each other's companies - to a certain extent.

A good idea shouldn't be confined to one company or location. Maybe you will find it here by sharing our experiences.

If anyone bothers to go back and read , I invited those from other companies to post how long their days were. In the end what we do is similar throughout LTL and it benefits us to know what goes on with each other's companies - to a certain extent.

A good idea shouldn't be confined to one company or location. Maybe you will find it here by sharing our experiences.
Anywhere from 9-12 hours. An 8-hour day is a rarity...except in the winter when it's slow (live that!). Nine I can handle, 10 hours is stretching it, and anything beyond that is not desirable. I don't know if anybody else has noticed, but we're not seeing any new young faces in this industry.

Trying to run profits up by choking the system the big losers are drivers taxed to the limit and customers who are not happy with service.
I think mostly everyone at our terminal works at least 12 hrs on average.
That being said you have to remember there a lot of "country club "terminals in rural areas that don't see much change from the past because they never get the business levels that more metro areas do. It's hard for them to see the difference so their sceptisism is not surprising. In all fairness to those who work at the smaller terminals we can post how much it's changed but for them nothing has.
In the 13 years I've been here (xsx Springfield Ma), I don't think our business has grown at all. We were a class one FAC, now a class two with a very limited FAC. I have seen plenty of drivers come and go over the years, but we are currently down a few. We have enough to get the job done, occasionally lending a driver as a walk about for another terminal. We have missed a few pick-ups, but I don't hear about it too often (I run l/h so I don't hear everything about city operations). Linehaul running vias to cover short handed terminals keep us busy, but our inbound and outbound have net seen increases imo. My biggest problem with staffing is our inability to get PTO time. I've never had a job with 13 years in and no seniority. It sucks big time!

In the 13 years I've been here (xsx Springfield Ma), I don't think our business has grown at all. We were a class one FAC, now a class two with a very limited FAC. I have seen plenty of drivers come and go over the years, but we are currently down a few. We have enough to get the job done, occasionally lending a driver as a walk about for another terminal. We have missed a few pick-ups, but I don't hear about it too often (I run l/h so I don't hear everything about city operations). Linehaul running vias to cover short handed terminals keep us busy, but our inbound and outbound have net seen increases imo. My biggest problem with staffing is our inability to get PTO time. I've never had a job with 13 years in and no seniority. It sucks big time!
Until just recently, a lot of our p&d guys were getting between 12- 14 hrs a day. I've been out of work since the 3rd of January w/ a rare lung illness and have missed out on making thousands. I've been on short term disability doing light duty since late April. I will see my doc again on the 20th and hope to get back to work on the 24th. Having said that...I can't wait to climb back into the saddle and start cashing in on the new base pay and ot rate raises. I won't mind having a loooooooooooog day at all. Making only 66 % of base pay on disability over the past 6 months has just about put me in the poor house.

+
The I/B - peddle - O/B routine is standard here. Has been since like 2008.
Even before 2008. The 'Full Cycle' has been in effect ever since I've been here...even when I started back in March of 94.

It depends on two things. Where you are on the seniority list and how much you cry. We have some 8 and skate while everyone else works 9 to 14 hrs.
Just remember one thing they can work you long but not hard

Until just recently, a lot of our p&d guys were getting between 12- 14 hrs a day. I've been out of work since the 3rd of January w/ a rare lung illness and have missed out on making thousands. I've been on short term disability doing light duty since late April. I will see my doc again on the 20th and hope to get back to work on the 24th. Having said that...I can't wait to climb back into the saddle and start cashing in on the new base pay and ot rate raises. I won't mind having a loooooooooooog day at all. Making only 66 % of base pay on disability over the past 6 months has just about put me in the poor house.
Short term disability pay was changed recently to 60% of the base pay. I hope you are back to work.

With the difficulty hiring drivers , and with a lot of locations being busy when it is traditionally slow , I thought I would bump this thread up.

When there is a 10 hour day , I feel like I worked half a day. So used to working twelves.