Yellow | How long till we go out of business?

little indian 1

TB Lurker
Credits
135 just bobtailed 445 miles to 250 lima ohio to p/u a 14000lb pup. Then i trailed jiff to meijer dist. and p/u an m/t and went to 241. Did we make any money on this move... Have you ever run over a deer at 62mph with a single axel bobtail? I thought i was in my jeep for a second. it seemed to never stop bouncing.:smilies-19296:

Hey LI...............makes you wonder, don't it. The largest trucking company in the northern hemisphere, making decisions like that. Are you going to bring this up with anyone, like higher ups?? I didn't know "deer jumping" was a sport. How much "air time" did you get???:biglaugh: DS.

lol, heres an interesting fact. To start the week, they sent 5 of us that I know, from 120 to 135 bobtail@ 142 miles to work their freight. then on friday-every half hour for four hrs, they sent us to 211,242,and what ever cincy is,. empty there. avg 450 miles empty. Know they have to move the equipment around to co incide with the frieght, but wtf, how'd we get so dumb all a sudden?

Any one know why we always did better then yellow with less freight and made more money? Just a stab, even though we still made dumber mistakes, atleast the people who made the discisions were the people who knew the area more then the phone did(akron).

serta said:
lol, heres an interesting fact. To start the week, they sent 5 of us that I know, from 120 to 135 bobtail@ 142 miles to work their freight.
If 135 has so much work that they have to import you guys from 120 to work their freight,why is it that most everybody who goes to bed there lays 12-14 hrs with several guys each week getting clock time? One trip last week I got over 4 hrs. layover. And I'm not talking about just those of us from 309. The guys coming up from Winston aren't doing much better. Also you guys in Buffy need to pick up the pace because we seen to be moving a lot of 231 pups with triples from 309 and leaving them at 211/mo2. And speaking of triples, according to all we were told before the change our 309-135 bid was going to be a doubles bid running as a 3&2 bid. I thought someting was a little fishey when anyone who bid had to hold triples permits. Sure enough from day one they have been dispatching us with triples. If you run more than one round with triples you are guarenteed not to have sufficient hrs. to run 3 rounds in one week. Add to that the fact that with all the time in bed guys are not getting home in time to be off rest before their next bid day closes so that they miss their next round and it all adds up to a thouroughly screwed up bid. You would think that after 75yrs. somebody at this company would know how to move freight and utilize drivers efficiently.

troubadour said:
If 135 has so much work that they have to import you guys from 120 to work their freight,why is it that most everybody who goes to bed there lays 12-14 hrs with several guys each week getting clock time? One trip last week I got over 4 hrs. layover. And I'm not talking about just those of us from 309. The guys coming up from Winston aren't doing much better. Also you guys in Buffy need to pick up the pace because we seen to be moving a lot of 231 pups with triples from 309 and leaving them at 211/mo2..
Guess it depends on the day, cause it seems we do often.
As for dropping 231 at 211, probably waiting for us 120, to come up and run their district for a couple days.

serta said:
Guess it depends on the day, cause it seems we do often.
As for dropping 231 at 211, probably waiting for us 120, to come up and run their district for a couple days.
As far as our district goes, we don't have much left. And 309 to 211 with Buffy freight is the other problem, along with Indy running "TO" Buffalo. Not enough drivers. We have to cover New Englands ahz cuz they don't have enough drivers. Every body needs to hire but I think they're trying to scrape by using foreign power like Serta said. Thats gonna bite them in the Ahz when they get busy and everybody wants their drivers back to haul "their" freight. :wtflol:

last night i pulled a set to long beach"828" that originated from salt lake"881" no big deal the normal route is 881-bloomington 830"a sleeper lane"-828 about 800 miles. The funny thing they sent that set from 881-819Reno-809sac-828long beach thats about 1300 miles You cant stay in busines putting 500 miles and 10 hrs extra on the frieght, not to mention the amount of extra times it was handled, I don't recall roadway doing this on their own before, maybe is a yrc thing

135 just bobtailed 445 miles to 250 lima ohio to p/u a 14000lb pup. Then i trailed jiff to meijer dist. and p/u an m/t and went to 241. Did we make any money on this move... Have you ever run over a deer at 62mph with a single axel bobtail? I thought i was in my jeep for a second. it seemed to never stop bouncing.:smilies-19296:

Doesnt make any sense (cents), does it? :biglaugh:

Hell, at 2.85 per gallon of Diesel, thats some serious money that is going right down the toilet, not to mention the safety factor of a driving a bobtail almost 500 miles.

You sure as h**l wouldnt see an O/O doing this, so why does the company do it ?

What a waste!

Happens all the time. Dispatcher probably made yet another mistake, and sent the freight the wrong way. Just happened at winston(671) the other day. Sent a guy with Greenboro(30 miles away east maybe) freight to Harrisburg(395 miles North).

It's the YELLOWway.and when you have people 3 yrs.out of school setting up the runs this is what I was told.The computer said it can be done.

same jackel who puts us on the back roads and expects you to do 60 in a 35mph zone. Same idiot who thinks their saving the company money by shaving a few miles off the run, but spends twice on fuel. Do they think htere is an exception to the highway mpg versus city mpg for big trucks?

This is the Yellow way of dispatching, & believe me it gets worse. We over here @ Yellow have beeen complaining about stupidity in C.D.O. dispatching for years. Example: I've run M.T. from Det. - Chi. - & then bobtail to Stl. & when I got to Stl., they asked why I was there (I told them I was just in the neighborhood & thought I would stop by). When I was rested & paid delay of 4 hours, I was sent M.T. to Ind. to pick up 1 pup to Det. This kind of ignorant dispatching has been going on here every since Yellow decided to go with putting C.D.O. in charge a few years ago. Sorry to say, if Big "R" is dispatched through C.D.O. like ours "it makes for a long day & a rough one". Remember Yellow stands for - You'll Enjoy Living Life Our Way

Just like the other day I was called on rest and sent 432 miles with mty's.Looks like they could have held me 11 hours and sent something back or even layed over and still saved money.. I figure fuel costs at 6.5 mpg at $2.75 a gallon= $182.76,,,,now my wage which is still at 75% =$180.27...Grand total of $363.03.. Freight revenue $0.00,, not to mention built in costs of insurance and highway taxes,, equipment upkeep, say $75.00 for a total of $438.03....They could have laid me over for max of $132.90 plus a meal of $13.00 and brought some freight,, I would love to know what type of math they use so I could put it to work for me on my household budget..The Bill Collectors Would Love Me To Death:hysterical: :hysterical:

After asking a question lately on why we do something the way we do I was told I'm not seeing the big picture. We have customers that are paying for services they are not receiving. It's kinda like when you go out to eat. When the bill arrives there are charges for food you didn't receive. The only way to resolve the problem would be to call one of our wonderful call centers and get shuffled around. Or you could do what most people would do. Suck it up and move on to somebody else that won't treat you like they weren't the only game in town.

Where is this big picture?

Just got some numbers not saying how true they are.but before the big coo in 2006 roadway op'ed at between 87-89 now after the changes to make us better HA HA,we op at a 103 somethings not right.[contract time]