XPO | How long until conway closes up???

you should read what is happening to YRC right now, which includes alot of the above mentioned:

low stock prices, combining terminals int he same city, junk trucks, high OR, etc etc....

then be grateful you have a job

Conway is not doing anything that our competitors aren't doing. Fed Ex and others have a reweigh program and an inspection program also. Why is it wrong to make sure that we are getting payed what we should be for hauling the freight. I'm sure if you owned your own truck you'd want to be payed correctly. How does it benefit Conway to keep a customer that lies on his weights or class of freight?

Con-way is extreme with the inspections. Yes, conway should be getting paid for what is hauled. however, beating up the customer because of a different interpetations of what the freight is------ is plain stupid. There will be no customers left by the end of the year. Too much emphasis on that they think the customer is trying to screw them.

There are none of the signs of closing. Crying poor.......high O.R......Combining terminals throughout the system.....then selling the property.......No new anything.....everything worn out.....junk trucks and forklifts sitting behind shops to steel parts off of to keep the other junk trucks and forks running.....stock prices in the tank then taken off the stock exchange all together......If you are truly worried which I doubt just talk to the guys around you that have lived it already and now work for Con-Way.

Think about it, conway does not offer anything different than the competition. They are more difficult to work with.

you should read what is happening to YRC right now, which includes alot of the above mentioned:

low stock prices, combining terminals int he same city, junk trucks, high OR, etc etc....

then be grateful you have a job

And isn't it funny that it wasn't the unionized workforce that said to go out and bite off more then they could chew, but we'll be darn sure blamed for it not working!

I was told by RM eddie C..all trucking companies are 2 years from going out of bussiness:TR10driving03::TR10driving03::TR10driving03:

I do believe we are past our prime in the current market. But I do know they are focusing more globally, we just purchased 2 companies, one in China and one in southeast asia.

In another decade they can just "CF" the Con-Way side and let it die while spinning of the younger divisions. The CFI purchase could be the Emery for Con-Way.

Management has a proven record of screwing up everything non LTL that they touch.

I was told by RM eddie C..all trucking companies are 2 years from going out of bussiness:TR10driving03::TR10driving03::TR10driving03:

If all trucking companies are going out of business, how is anything going to be moved? Did somebody invent a teleportation device already?

If all trucking companies are going out of business, how is anything going to be moved? Did somebody invent a teleportation device already?

I think he was speaking to their potential demise.

conn who?

if they can buy a company for 750 mil when the company is worth 225 million,,,won;t be long...big money drain,even if it is just on paper.
Guess you might say con-way is a six letter word for stupid

if they can buy a company for 750 mil when the company is worth 225 million,,,won;t be long...big money drain,even if it is just on paper.
Guess you might say con-way is a six letter word for stupid

they are worth 680 million ... CNF paid 70 million too much ..

they are worth 680 million ... CNF paid 70 million too much ..

That's still a bargain to purchase CFI!

Seems they could have taken that money and follow thru with their obligations. The pension would be funded and maybe the other aspects of our compensation package may have been left somewhat intact.

Then the management style could have been left alone as well and morale here at Conway would be OK.

Our reputation and street rep would be good and more talented employee prospects would be seeking work here. We wouldn't have to go out and find/produce this Most Admired Thing. - We would live it.

Better People = Stronger Company = Leaner Management = $$$$$$

Ten/Forty two. I know.

Just expounding.

Don't you ever sleep?