XPO | How long until conway closes up???

Dude i gotta say I dont mind being a dock monkey, just let me get a run every once in a while..lolThere is something about stripping and loading that gets me...Nothing like a trailer cubed out, straps and dunnage and proper use of safestack. Call me crazy

I know!!! Its like building blocks....or lego.....or erector set all over again!!! And then....wait for it.....You get to drive that BIG TONKA TRUCK!!! OMG!!!

I don't know. I been waiting to see Con Way go to the dumpster ever since they trashed CF. But it looks like I am all wrong. They will survive til after I am pushing up daises. And you guys will be bitchin' long after that....................Rock on............

Actually you are not wrong....

Google Cash Cow....

It is self explanatory.

Rat

Lol....i doubt this will happen within the next 10yrs. I work for another rival ltl outfit and con-way is a very steady marketable profit making outfit. They'll be in the last 4 standing.......fedex, ups, con-way, and old dominion.........the rest well be memories.

Lol....i doubt this will happen within the next 10yrs. I work for another rival ltl outfit and con-way is a very steady marketable profit making outfit. They'll be in the last 4 standing.......fedex, ups, con-way, and old dominion.........the rest well be memories.

I wouldn't put any money on UPS, they're paying way above NMFA standards since their freight drivers are covered under the parcel driver's contract. I don't think UPS will go on losing money in the freight business and propping it up with parcel forever. I'd say that the 4 remaining will be Fedex, Con-way, OD and Estes.

Estes already owns all of YRC's equipment and terminals. They literally lease it all back to YRC. Estes has been is negotiations to take over Holland. Through purchase or swap or whatever they call it in the accountants meetings. Very busy. And we have lost several drivers to them recently.

I would ask a CF driver if he believes Con-way will be here in 10 years. You might hear something you should already know.

UPS - FedEx - OD - Estes.

You forget that UPS and FedEx bundle that freight and parcel together to offer complete logistics solutions to specific top notch companies.

OD and Estes have fully reinvested in themselves. No outside carriers making money pulling their freight. And their drivers are drivers.

highspeeds said:
Estes already owns all of YRC's equipment and terminals. They literally lease it all back to YRC. Estes has been is negotiations to take over Holland. Through purchase or swap or whatever they call it in the accountants meetings. Very busy. And we have lost several drivers to them recently.

I would ask a CF driver if he believes Con-way will be here in 10 years. You might hear something you should already know.

I have never heard that about the equipment or taking over Holland until now. I know the terminal lease thing is true,but the rest sounds like a stretch.

I have never heard that about the equipment or taking over Holland until now. I know the terminal lease thing is true,but the rest sounds like a stretch.

Wish I had links to back it up. A little web search might do that. Just repeating things I have read over the last several months.