How Long Will It Take To Realize What is Happening?

Discussion in 'ABF Freight System' started by 6PakAbs, Aug 29, 2017.

1. LS1GTO

LS1GTO Former LTL driver turned package monkey...

The money was decent because we hit top rate in a year... But there were days where it was too much... Not enough help, too much planned on a given day, running UPacks and cubes late at night, pissing neighbor off... The vacation thing will catch up to you, even being laid off and not working a day here and there.

canaryinthemine and LTLAnonymous like this.
  2. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

And that is where we all should be, one could live decent on that.

3. LS1GTO

LS1GTO Former LTL driver turned package monkey...

It would be nice for everyone. If everyone got paid the same and had similar benefits and retirement, then it would be equipment, type of freight and management to bitch about... Oh wait, we do that anyway... Being a driver... Such a love/hate thing...

4. LTLAnonymous

LTLAnonymous Active Member

Sounds like we've had a very similar experience in our career. ABF burned me out, and UPS is reinvigorating me.

canaryinthemine, ABFer and SAC75 like this.
  5. icuicp

icuicp Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I saw a 53ft'er yesterday with this logo. He took an offramp going in another direction so I couldn't catch him to get a close look. White trailer with black logo.

Is there a truckload division for ArcBest now? It was being pulled by blue long nosed sleeper cab. Too far away for me to see what company the tractor was running for.

Apologies for barging in , I didn't want to start a new thread and tried to post this question in the closest topic I could find.

6. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

You're not barging in......ArcBest is now a gypsy low-ball board. They contract the load, take loin's share of revenue,....and throw it out on contractor load boards for guys to fight over the crumbs....

"Hey! That's my backhaul to the house! I'll run it for .70 cents a mile....Gets me home.."

They'll use anyone,.....although I hear their preferred carriers are HapHazard Freight out of Bugscuffle Arkansas,......and Wing'N'a Prayer Freight Lines, out of Hellmouth W. Va............

LTLAnonymous likes this.
  7. LTLAnonymous

LTLAnonymous Active Member

They whipped this up with your 7%.

https://arcb.com/solutions/truckload

I'm not exactly sure how it works, but... it's non-union, and not a good sign.

I wonder if Judy has a Con-Way logo she kisses every day before leaving for work.

flybynite likes this.