How Long Will It Take To Realize What is Happening?

Discussion in 'ABF Freight System' started by 6PakAbs, Aug 29, 2017.

1. Trucker 206

Trucker 206 Well-Known Member

Gosh, 6pak...I consider myself well-versed in that movie..having seen it numerous times. But, for the life of me, I can’t remember that scene! What’s the scene directly before and after that one? Perhaps that will jog my memory.

2. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

I think you're right. Hoffa could care less about freight, and more specifically,....even less about ABF. No stock deal there.........

Problem is......just what is Mr. Hoffa's "tune"? Drive the once proud Teamsters Union and the core industries into ruin and helplessness?

Heckuva footnote in history, I think......

3. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Well...what is his tune? His tune is the easy road for them, both in the short term and the long term. Git 'er done as fast as possible with language the keeps their jobs simple. Language that gives us no rights and a contract that has no annoying teeth. The best thing that could happen would be a five year deal and a new union for us after three years.

canaryinthemine likes this.
  4. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

When I had my physical for the draft a guy from near here did that same thing. Most of us had already heard about what went on during the physical & knew what "Spread your cheeks" meant. He was a good guy but was raised even further back in the woods than I was. I guess he just had not talked to anybody that had been subjected to the military physical. Later I dated his sister & we were good friends. He also survived a tour of duty in Vietnam.

canaryinthemine likes this.
  5. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Did anybody spread 'em and fart?

6. Trucker 206

Trucker 206 Well-Known Member

Update: Are you referring to the scene where Forrest is receiving the Medal Of Honor from President Johnson?

7. canaryinthemine

canaryinthemine Retirement....The Job I Was Born To Have!

I think the draft board doctors referred to that as "Hark! The voice of an Angel!"......