ABF | How Long Will It Take To Realize What is Happening?

well...remember the scene in the movie "Forrest Gump" and he was told during a rectal exam to bend over and spread his cheeks? If you remember correctly (and this brought down the house) he bent over and spread his upper cheeks?
Gosh, 6pak...I consider myself well-versed in that movie..having seen it numerous times. But, for the life of me, I can’t remember that scene! What’s the scene directly before and after that one? Perhaps that will jog my memory.

Ernie will do no better if he knows what's good for him. They all dance to Hoffa's tune or the get moved out. It's hopeless for us.

I think you're right. Hoffa could care less about freight, and more specifically,....even less about ABF. No stock deal there.........

Problem is......just what is Mr. Hoffa's "tune"? Drive the once proud Teamsters Union and the core industries into ruin and helplessness?

Heckuva footnote in history, I think......

Problem is......just what is Mr. Hoffa's "tune"? Drive the once proud Teamsters Union and the core industries into ruin and helplessness?
Well...what is his tune? His tune is the easy road for them, both in the short term and the long term. Git 'er done as fast as possible with language the keeps their jobs simple. Language that gives us no rights and a contract that has no annoying teeth. The best thing that could happen would be a five year deal and a new union for us after three years.

well...remember the scene in the movie "Forrest Gump" and he was told during a rectal exam to bend over and spread his cheeks? If you remember correctly (and this brought down the house) he bent over and spread his upper cheeks?

When I had my physical for the draft a guy from near here did that same thing. Most of us had already heard about what went on during the physical & knew what "Spread your cheeks" meant. He was a good guy but was raised even further back in the woods than I was. I guess he just had not talked to anybody that had been subjected to the military physical. Later I dated his sister & we were good friends. He also survived a tour of duty in Vietnam.

When I had my physical for the draft a guy from near here did that same thing. Most of us had already heard about what went on during the physical & knew what "Spread your cheeks" meant. He was a good guy but was raised even further back in the woods than I was. I guess he just had not talked to anybody that had been subjected to the military physical. Later I dated his sister & we were good friends. He also survived a tour of duty in Vietnam.
Did anybody spread 'em and fart?

Gosh, 6pak...I consider myself well-versed in that movie..having seen it numerous times. But, for the life of me, I can’t remember that scene! What’s the scene directly before and after that one? Perhaps that will jog my memory.
Update: Are you referring to the scene where Forrest is receiving the Medal Of Honor from President Johnson?

OK..the bar is set..groundwork laid to rid ArcBest of the ABF burden and CPSF..Why?
The logistics branch exists and handing out time critical to Panther...Move Builder exists and handing out U-Packs to OD and Estes..who knows how much business is being given to other carriers through the logistics division? You can bet quite a lot..So, the Logistics division does not need good ole ABF and its burden. So, bury your head in the sand and pretend it ain't so.
You might think, well I will ride this horse until the end, and that is what I am planning on doing. You might think..well there is a truck driver shortage and I can always get on with another carrier...Yes, you might get on with a truckload carrier or foodservice, but another non union would think twice about hiring a Teamster! OK, you heard it here..Melno Logistics already set the model for Judy to follow...and I don't agree with anyone that says they did it because Con-Way was in place at the time. Our logistics division is in place!
Wake up people! Another Panther p/u on 11/28 that would have gone TK in the past...2 shipments...12 skids...I am sick of this b*s..can't wait to vote NO ! NOPE! No Way!
Mid to low management will also suffer when/if the vote is NO! So, NOgeotiations... PTROLTG

Last edited:
Horror stories abound! I’m in the middle of one. Seniority means little, side-bargaining rampant...you get the picture.
it sounds like you're getting a real dose of the real teamsters union. I hope you get it straightened out.

Brother Ernie will fix it all. He’s got everyone’s best interest at heart........

Let’s see the opening salvo in the Freight Wars.........See if Brother Ernie knows what’s going on,.....or if he’s another Hoffa sycophant....