Yellow | How long will yellow freight be around

HIRED GUN

TB Lurker
Credits
Im hoping a long time. I believe no matter what rumors our competitors start, we will be here kicking thier a$$. They may have shinnier trucks, but we haul more freight than most of them combined. I will be doing my part to help secure the company, which helps secure my future. I challenge each of my yellow comrads to do the same.

Hired gun

ya boy

Im hoping a long time. I believe no matter what rumors our competitors start, we will be here kicking thier a$$. They may have shinnier trucks, but we haul more freight than most of them combined. I will be doing my part to help secure the company, which helps secure my future. I challenge each of my yellow comrads to do the same.

Hired gun
geat attitude...attitudes are contagious my friend...keep it up:1036316054::funky:

How about it.....our bottom 2 LIR meets have been cancelled no less than 10 times in the last 6 weeks.....Here in LOU we are caught between CTI and MEM. Yellow needs to decide whether they are going to meet/turn or sleep these lanes. Trying to do both is not working. CTI supervisor claimed today that "the system is in upheaval." Regular road men are laying 40 hours at the house, 20 foreign guys in bed on the clock.......gee, it seems like the ONLY guys that are working everyday are the UE guys which by the way are cashing in on the average of 20 hours overtime ($34.50 x20=$690.00) per week. Multiply that times the amount of UE employees currently in the system and it appears that you have a huge gaping wound thats bleeding cash.....weren't we promised by the IBT that the creation of the UE would not cause aLOSS OF WORK for existing LTL operations?? These people better get their heads out of their A$$es before its too late. Oh.....more hate and discontent, a Brother in a sleepy little Pennsylvania town returned to the teminal on morning to catch a supervisor loading freight into his minivan to go and deliver it to a customer......he grieved it and the TM had the audacity to question his loyalty to the companys survival and "committment to servicing the customers shipments." Just go ahead and hire that casual that you've been stringing along for the past 6 months Sir.....thank you very much.......

You haul a lot of freight...yes. But do you realize that other carriers made more money in a week than YRCW made all last quarter? All of them, except maybe SAIA and Averitt. I thought the point was to make money not haul all the freight you can get.

The word I get is it is still an SVT problem. We are being told they only have half the staff they need to get the freight out. The point is why establish bids, lock guys onto them and then cancel the damn things. Does wonders for the old paycheck!!!

How about it.....our bottom 2 LIR meets have been cancelled no less than 10 times in the last 6 weeks.....Here in LOU we are caught between CTI and MEM. Yellow needs to decide whether they are going to meet/turn or sleep these lanes. Trying to do both is not working. CTI supervisor claimed today that "the system is in upheaval." Regular road men are laying 40 hours at the house, 20 foreign guys in bed on the clock.......gee, it seems like the ONLY guys that are working everyday are the UE guys which by the way are cashing in on the average of 20 hours overtime ($34.50 x20=$690.00) per week. Multiply that times the amount of UE employees currently in the system and it appears that you have a huge gaping wound thats bleeding cash.....weren't we promised by the IBT that the creation of the UE would not cause aLOSS OF WORK for existing LTL operations?? These people better get their heads out of their A$$es before its too late. Oh.....more hate and discontent, a Brother in a sleepy little Pennsylvania town returned to the teminal on morning to catch a supervisor loading freight into his minivan to go and deliver it to a customer......he grieved it and the TM had the audacity to question his loyalty to the companys survival and "committment to servicing the customers shipments." Just go ahead and hire that casual that you've been stringing along for the past 6 months Sir.....thank you very much.......

You haul a lot of freight...yes. But do you realize that other carriers made more money in a week than YRCW made all last quarter? All of them, except maybe SAIA and Averitt. I thought the point was to make money not haul all the freight you can get.
Get a life joto.

"You haul a lot of freight...yes. But do you realize that other carriers made more money in a week than YRCW made all last quarter? All of them, except maybe SAIA and Averitt. I thought the point was to make money not haul all the freight you can get."
Hey Conwaytrucker if your name implies the company you work for you guys look like i hate to say it but CF a sinking ship. In this economy conway should have posted a better showing last quarter 47.7 mill. compared to yrcw 35 mill. Just by the fact that you get payed less get less company paid benefits your @ss got handed to you and you will travel the same road as cf did into the ground.

Please don't let this thread degrade into a bashing thread in either direction. Keep to the numbers as much as possible.

Please don't let this thread degrade into a bashing thread in either direction. Keep to the numbers as much as possible.
I take it back Conwaytrucker, your not a joto. Were all in this together, union and non-union.

I'll be here till Yellow quits throwing money at me. I blew the lights out on one
company, CF. I've been laid off, outta work so many times in the 20 something years I can't remember dates, ect. I don't worry about tomorrow. But I will be here till the end, or the day I hit 30 years. IF THAT happens.????????????????

I'll be here till Yellow quits throwing money at me. I blew the lights out on one
company, CF. I've been laid off, outta work so many times in the 20 something years I can't remember dates, ect. I don't worry about tomorrow. But I will be here till the end, or the day I hit 30 years. IF THAT happens.????????????????

Ride the wave is all you can really do and you know it well... :shades:
riding%20a%20wave_v_Variation_2.jpg