XPO | How many and where leaving

Dodge Ram

TB Veteran
Credits
I thought it would be good to start a thread to compile where people are leaving from. From my small terminal 1 took a early retirement and 4 more are going to retire early this year. So far no one has quit yet.

I thought it would be good to start a thread to compile where people are leaving from. From my small terminal 1 took a early retirement and 4 more are going to retire early this year. So far no one has quit yet.

We had 3 get fired and 4 or 5 quit in the last 6-7 months. One went to drive for Wal-Mart, one went back to G&D, one to a local grain hauler, and I'm not sure where the others went. The nearest OD terminals to us are both an hour away in either direction and are both end of the line terminals, so we aren't losing them to OD from my barn just for those reasons I'm sure.

We've hired a buttload of the dock workers, and just hired 2 new drivers as well. Apparently they are going to stay on linehaul for a while and are getting sent to XLA every night, so you can bet it won't be too long before they quit...

We had 3 get fired and 4 or 5 quit in the last 6-7 months. One went to drive for Wal-Mart, one went back to G&D, one to a local grain hauler, and I'm not sure where the others went. The nearest OD terminals to us are both an hour away in either direction and are both end of the line terminals, so we aren't losing them to OD from my barn just for those reasons I'm sure.

We've hired a buttload of the dock workers, and just hired 2 new drivers as well. Apparently they are going to stay on linehaul for a while and are getting sent to XLA every night, so you can bet it won't be too long before they quit...
Don't you think that if they would top-out in 12-15 months a lot more would stay? That's an issue that needs to be addressed..top out in over 5 years in the north ( of old ccx) is just ridiculous. When they funded the pension and gave free insurance, then it was worth the wait..now, you can go to other ltl's and start at almost what we top out at..in the South that is.

Oh heck no. XIN is only like 160 doors with 4 sectors.

XLA is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest in the system. Has 7 sectors and close to 250 doors. I don't remember the exact number.
Freight flow is probably what he is talking about. They've got to be tops in the amount of freight that goes through there.

Oh heck no. XIN is only like 160 doors with 4 sectors.

XLA is one of the biggest, if not THE biggest in the system. Has 7 sectors and close to 250 doors. I don't remember the exact number.
What about XSW? We have a lot of boxes passing through going there. We take them to Tulsa. That's salem, right?

What about XSW? We have a lot of boxes passing through going there. We take them to Tulsa. That's salem, right?

Yeah that would be Salem, IL. They are 5 sectors and around 175 doors I believe.

Sent from my granny's ROTARY DIAL PRINCESS PHONE using Tapatalk

Freight flow is probably what he is talking about. They've got to be tops in the amount of freight that goes through there.

You'd be amazed at the amount of crap that goes through LaSalle every night... the average bill count there is between 3000-4000 a night and they are still breaking freight at 7:00 in the morning usually. Indy is a cakewalk compared to that and our Indy guys are usually the first ones back to the barn. I think Salem moves more freight than Indy too.

The closest FAC that I can compare to LaSalle in our area is XCW (Coldwater Michigan). They are about 220 doors and 6 sectors.

I can't believe how much smaller some of Con-way's "bigger" yards are to us. Our terminal in Indy is somewhere around 300 doors, Dallas is 225, Atlanta is over 200... We are building a new yard in Memphis that's 300, and our biggest which is Morristown TN is over 400.

You'd be amazed at the amount of crap that goes through LaSalle every night... the average bill count there is between 3000-4000 a night and they are still breaking freight at 7:00 in the morning usually. Indy is a cakewalk compared to that and our Indy guys are usually the first ones back to the barn. I think Salem moves more freight than Indy too.

The closest FAC that I can compare to LaSalle in our area is XCW (Coldwater Michigan). They are about 220 doors and 6 sectors.

I agree about XLA ... when it is the end of the month some of the sectors at XLA do over a million pounds a sector including stuff that dont hit the dock. XCW is comparable and a lot more organized than XLA .. xla sucks.

SUPPOSEDLY about a 8 guys retiring by the end of the year at xml .. we have had a few 20 year guys up and quit. And two may tap out dew to injuries (one had a stroke at a customers dock)

you would think with so many leaving they would ask themselves WHY ?? our terminal has lost thus far 5 to fed ex I thought about it got to much time in Quess i will suck it up lol for now 4 have left bought there own trucks and are pulling containers now and 4 have been fired two for dropping trailers ! do not agree with it but I am just a **** ant in all this !!!

Well this is True but They would also have to explain why they let me stay 11 yrs if I was a bad Employee and I have seen two people fired for recently for wrecks that I know are back at work now for other company's !

Until they get you. A lot of people would rather explain a resignation than a termination.

You know I survived all the Marine Corps hurry up and Wait Bull**** and there little Games there Aint **** this Puny outfit can do to me so they can **** off lmao !!!