XPO | How many and where leaving

We lost one to Old Dominion on Friday. Terminal manager was mad because he's trying to hire more drivers and people just keep quitting.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Did you ever think that maybe all the old CF people have died and retired ?
Remember the ones that knew how to keep a work force happy enough to keep out the dreaded U ?

We lost one to Old Dominion on Friday. Terminal manager was mad because he's trying to hire more drivers and people just keep quitting.

Only 1? They are leaving in droves over here. You can get a job anywhere in this area and make more per mile and almost always per hour. You can make more here if you want to work a lot, but people dont' want to work like they used to. we lost 3 to Od this week. Hopefully this turns into more money for us. They're gonna have to do something..either change the way we do business or something. The conway way just aint working no more. Not for what we make. you can go to any other LTL and get all the miles you want, we just don't do it that way..we're regional and everybody comes back home everyday..some runs don't pay that good unless you get some dock time. And people don't like the flex board...nobody wants to put their time in in the city while waiting for a run..why would they when they can go to OD or SE and get miles right away. I say 6% accross the board and OT after 8( not the current after 50 in the south) will stop the turnover. oh yeah, and a management change..forgot that one.

Only 1? They are leaving in droves over here. You can get a job anywhere in this area and make more per mile and almost always per hour. You can make more here if you want to work a lot, but people dont' want to work like they used to. we lost 3 to Od this week. Hopefully this turns into more money for us. They're gonna have to do something..either change the way we do business or something. The conway way just aint working no more. Not for what we make. you can go to any other LTL and get all the miles you want, we just don't do it that way..we're regional and everybody comes back home everyday..some runs don't pay that good unless you get some dock time. And people don't like the flex board...nobody wants to put their time in in the city while waiting for a run..why would they when they can go to OD or SE and get miles right away. I say 6% accross the board and OT after 8( not the current after 50 in the south) will stop the turnover. oh yeah, and a management change..forgot that one.

They don't wanna pay drivers. It's everything they are against.

Why give us 6% when they can give us 2% and raise our health care premiums $20 a week and collect themselves a sweet bonus ?

And why give OT after 8 ? You know they are gonna make it OT after 50 or 60. And say, well that's how OD does it. We are competitive in our compensation.

And the drivers will continue to bail. And why not ? What reason is there to stay ?

When every time the company does something they say.... but look how well OD has it ?

Well yeah. Good point buddy. This CDL will work just fine in green. Sure will. Thank you for clearing that up.

And even you are one foot out the door. Imagine how many others in your shoes.

They have turned our terminals into truck stops. All you gotta do is read the side of the truck and you know where there is good work to be found.

And even you are one foot out the door. Imagine how many others in your shoes.

They have turned our terminals into truck stops. All you gotta do is read the side of the truck and you know where there is good work to be found.

Dang right I'm one foot out the door. The only thing keeping me here is the fact that my wife is pregnant. Once she has that kid and the insurance pays out, I'm gone as soon as I find something. I'll probably follow the last guy over to OD. There's absolutely nothing to keep me here anymore...

Dang right I'm one foot out the door. The only thing keeping me here is the fact that my wife is pregnant. Once she has that kid and the insurance pays out, I'm gone as soon as I find something. I'll probably follow the last guy over to OD. There's absolutely nothing to keep me here anymore...

Hey. Don't be cutting Song out of his referral bonus !

I'm just surprised there's any of you left that actually have driving experience!

I've been at Conway 5 years. I just thought I could make more of a difference from the other side. Boy was I wrong! Especially with lean, this company is going down the toilet. I'll take my chances on a city route in a truck (that has a camera that only faces out)

Had a few guys get turned down applying for new gigs. They didn't say why. I am guessing tickets.

Seems to have settled down. People still crying, but they ain't going anywhere.

Had a few guys get turned down applying for new gigs. They didn't say why. I am guessing tickets.

Seems to have settled down. People still crying, but they ain't going anywhere.

Which is just how they want you, mad enough to snipe at your fellow driver (don't wat them unified in thought now) but not mad enough to do anything about it. A mad driver is a productive driver.