how many days do you guys and gals work

2wheeldriver

TB Lurker
Credits
The Sysco house that I work out of we all work 4 day routes. We do not bid when you get a route you stay there until another comes open or someone leaves. My 4 day route is Mon,Tues, wed off then work Thurs, and Friday.

Scheduled and have to show up 5 days/wk. but they carry extra drivers so if no one calls in they usually have 3-4 extra, so they go off the seniority list and ask for volunteers to go home. I'd bet that 75% or better of the drivers here,go home once/wk so in reality most only wind up working 4 days. We don't bid either, you're stuck with what you have until something else opens up, though I know of a couple of guys with seniority who still were sitting on routes so bad that mgmt let them give them up and float day to day (which would be worse to me but to each his own I guess).

We have 4 and 5 day bids, on our day off we are on call extra, I have a 5 day deal at the moment but my Thurs route cancels, that puts me on the extra list, so then our router calls us with whats available by seniority, I'm middle of the board, by the time it got down to me, all that was left was OFF, (done don't have to answer the phone do what you want see ya later bye), or 0500 extra, it was a no brainer for me, I slept in.

It would be nice if you had say a 4 day bid and worked m-w off thurs and work fri, that you were off on thurs, instead of having to be thrown in the pool of drivers to cover this and that.

I don't know if that makes much sense but I tried. I probably should have just stuck with we have 4 and 5 day bids..LOL.

My husband works 5 days. They don't bid for routes. They get what they give them and if you don't have a perm route, it switches from day to day.