Central Transport | How Many Drivers Have You Lost?

vijax

TB Lurker
Credits
at my terminal we have lost 8 city and 4 linehaul drivers in the last month. we are a small terminal ,now we are down to 20 city drivers and 6 linehaul drivers. we just had 3 senior city drivers go to pitt ohio this week.they started at $20.50 an hour,paid medical by the company,retirement, and decent equipment. the t.m. was shocked when he found out they were leaving. lol

at my terminal we have lost 8 city and 4 linehaul drivers in the last month. we are a small terminal ,now we are down to 20 city drivers and 6 linehaul drivers. we just had 3 senior city drivers go to pitt ohio this week.they started at $20.50 an hour,paid medical by the company,retirement, and decent equipment. the t.m. was shocked when he found out they were leaving. lol

they also have profit sharing.

At Det, we lost 2 this past Friday and 1 the previous week, all P & D, one had several years in.

this is the time of the year that we should be in full swing, but the business is not there. we've upset too many customers and they have turned away and never to return. vitran is on life support waiting for the board of directors to pull the plug.

hell here in the east we can't even get people to apply that can pass a pee test. or pass dr exam. last summer we had a guy come in and when he found out he had to go to take a pee test he walked out. i mean this is not what any of us signed on for back in the day. as for me i have a inner battle going on inside about moving on to another company. i am not the kind of person who quits just cause things are not going well but the light is fading fast for me. to much bs and i ran out of the spray to keep it away. set up to fail everyday. unless things change quick we here are going to loose more drivers also. when i refer to it as the freak show it is not an understatement. it is just that a freak show and a three ring circus.

i have seen 2 apply in last year or more (of course i am gone during most business hours) hired one 2 weeks ago, not here anymore already. real issue finding dock too, to much BS to take for just a part time job

We get apps for the dock all the time. Problem is most cannot pass **** test or background check. Even when they do, most have never seen a forklift let alone driven one. (I am sure this will help bring down those OS&D numbers.) The majority don't last long but the few that are worth anything usually go somewhere else once they get some experience.

i have seen 2 apply in last year or more (of course i am gone during most business hours) hired one 2 weeks ago, not here anymore already. real issue finding dock too, to much BS to take for just a part time job

if they are doing system wide what they are doing at my barn I don't think finding dock workers will not be a problem since in my opinion I think they are starting the process of switching all city drivers over to combo dock/city early starters will work inbound and late starters work outbound.

if they are doing system wide what they are doing at my barn I don't think finding dock workers will not be a problem since in my opinion I think they are starting the process of switching all city drivers over to combo dock/city early starters will work inbound and late starters work outbound.

Don't see how this will work. Especially if you have to find and break your freight, load, deliver it plus make the required pick-ups, and then come in and break the trailer. Seems like there is not enough hours in the day. Not to mention the price of over time.

If we get more volume of freight drivers won't need to work dock.. now drivers will need to work dock, drive, truck, get sales leads. With money there making now. There is your cost savings.

Sounds as if Vitran had a personal agenda against this man....Seems a bit petty and wouldn't be worth my time.....It couldn't have been that much money. O well to each their own. They will have some BS story and settle out of court.

That crap is going on at my barn at ups early guys work inbound then do a peddle route, n late guys(like myself) come in run a route n then work outbound. I dont get home until jay leno comes on the tube..

That crap is going on at my barn at ups early guys work inbound then do a peddle route, n late guys(like myself) come in run a route n then work outbound. I dont get home until jay leno comes on the tube..
Yeah but you got job security at UPSF.......But the new guys appear to be getting the shaft with that new contract proposal. The Teamsters seemed to have really bailed.