Central Transport | How Many Drivers Have You Lost?

Det may or may not be getting R & L drivers, but they did get 3 or 4 Tol drivers today to help us out.
that's really smart, put drivers on the dock to work while freight is not being delivered or picked up and to fix this problem they bring drivers from another terminal to deliver freight. OH THAT'S BRILLIANT! lol.

Vitran can do whatever it is they want to. They can match the R and L pay for those drivers, give them management health benefits and a big sign on bonus. It may make perfect sense if they were also fed a healthy line of vitran lies.

I'm an old overland driver that has worked for R and L for the past decade plus. Yes they do have properties in Tenn, Calif, and Florida just for the employees and at no cost. I really hope you guys can pull it out and survive. The vitran drivers that I come across on my run are very hard working and professional.

I hear that 4 dockworkers quit on Friday in Det. They found a company that pays more, has better hours and gives them more respect than they get at the V. TM has been driving hi-lo all week to help get things done.

I hear that 4 dockworkers quit on Friday in Det. They found a company that pays more, has better hours and gives them more respect than they get at the V. TM has been driving hi-lo all week to help get things done.

they could make more delivering pizzas than working the dock.

I'm an old overland driver that has worked for R and L for the past decade plus. Yes they do have properties in Tenn, Calif, and Florida just for the employees and at no cost. I really hope you guys can pull it out and survive. The vitran drivers that I come across on my run are very hard working and professional.

We have so many great people here, a lot i would stack up against another company for productivity and safety. our complaint is that the ones that are not good, are real bad, and go out of their way to make things hard on others, and are doing a good job of derailing progress. I have to put up with 3 at my place, but TM can do nothing, we can't replace them.

you know what they say ,,,,,,,one bad apple spoils the whole bunch,, company treats you bad ..... they get what they get,,,,,,, IS WHAT IT IS,,,,

Class A City Drivers (DET)
• Vitran Express• Brownstown, MI• 5/30/2013

Job Description

Vitran Express, a rapidly growing LTL carrier, is currently seeking Class A City Drivers at our Detroit Customer Center.
Competitive Compensation & Benefits Package offered with full time employment.
Interested applicants can apply in person:
Mon-Fri 8am—5pm
Vitran Express 18577 Dix Toledo Hwy Brownstown, MI 48192
:TR10driving03:

JOB REQUIREMENTS
Class “A" CDL
Hazmat endorsement
Tank endorsement
Doubles & Triples endorsement
Clean driving record
A minimum of 1 year tractor trailer driving experience

Class A City Drivers (DET)

... rapidly growing...
...Competitive Compensation & Benefits...

1243271414_black_guy_laughing.gif

Must be slim pickins in Det for jobs. I saw a former Vitran P & D driver who went to Con-Way a month or 2 ago, begging the TM for his job back tonight. I guess the grass was not greener on the other side. LOL. Back to the bottom of the list.