ODFL | How many drops and hooks do you claim?

BillyLo

Service 2.0 OD Strong All Time Mastio Champion
Credits
I heard two newer drivers arguing over this, one came into the yard and claimed two drops while the other claimed four. What do you claim when you come in to drop a set breaking both trailers? This isn't the first time I've heard this argument.

I don't care about your damn triples, this is regards to doubles only.

I heard two newer drivers arguing over this, one came into the yard and claimed two drops while the other claimed four. What do you claim when you come in to drop a set breaking both trailers? This isn't the first time I've heard this argument.

You city folk need not worry bout what us linehaul drivers make. Just get back to the barn on time, I got a buffet to catch!!

I figured everyone else is on the same system. That idiot is shorting himself out of money. Former city driver that couldn't make the cut to run with the big boys, so he went to line. Figures.

VbwGD2v.jpg

You get paid for what you do. I didn't know that about docking the trailer Kenneth. We have a problem with some sets being brought to us from the North and not broken up, we charge the break of that set, plus the hooks and drops of our train. There's people that look at it differently. Whatever they want to do, 2 or 4. It's not worth fighting over.

See, I didn't mention it. I get a 2.0 for that, eh. Be safe.

VbwGD2v.jpg
[/QUOTE]
What's that??? Someone wiped the dust off of it so we could read.
You get paid for what you do. I didn't know that about docking the trailer Kenneth. We have a problem with some sets being brought to us from the North and not broken up, we charge the break of that set, plus the hooks and drops of our train. There's people that look at it differently. Whatever they want to do, 2 or 4. It's not worth fighting over.
I had to break a set Sat that a driver brought in and dropped.Both trailer's maybe going to same term.But,that don't mean they going to be pulled together to Term.Driver's just need to start breaking all set's unless Central tell's you different. I put 4 in for breaking set and also for 4 hooking my set.

And to clarify Doughboy.It's four drop's if you move your rear trailer or not.It's 5 drop's if a Supervisor at Term tell's you to put your rear trailer in a door.But,most don't add it.I have never when I run.
Hmmm that's news to me. Something isn't right been here 13 years and 4 drops was if you go back to spot your rear trailer. If you put anymore than 4 in the computer it requires you to leave a comment. Never heard of the 5 one if you are told to put it up. Gonna need to get some back pay if that's the case. I'm gonna need to check on that, may have learned something new today.

Hmmm that's news to me. Something isn't right been here 13 years and 4 drops was if you go back to spot your rear trailer. If you put anymore than 4 in the computer it requires you to leave a comment. Never heard of the 5 one if you are told to put it up. Gonna need to get some back pay if that's the case. I'm gonna need to check on that, may have learned something new today.
you can add has many has you want.I just alway's explain everything I do in the comment section.If they pay me or not.Never had a problem.The 5 hook's is if you have dropped trailer and a Supervisor ask you to put the trailer or trailer's to the door.Then you have to go back and rehook.You then have to add the hook and drop to your next trip.Just explain what you do.OD is not trying to screw over on no one.You have to look after yourself on this.

I had to break a set Sat that a driver brought in and dropped.Both trailer's maybe going to same term.But,that don't mean they going to be pulled together to Term.Driver's just need to start breaking all set's unless Central tell's you different. I put 4 in for breaking set and also for 4 hooking my set.[/QUOTE
you can add has many has you want.I just alway's explain everything I do in the comment section.If they pay me or not.Never had a problem.The 5 hook's is if you have dropped trailer and a Supervisor ask you to put the trailer or trailer's to the door.Then you have to go back and rehook.You then have to add the hook and drop to your next trip.Just explain what you do.OD is not trying to screw over on no one.You have to look after yourself on this.

I had to break a set Sat that a driver brought in and dropped.Both trailer's maybe going to same term.But,that don't mean they going to be pulled together to Term.Driver's just need to start breaking all set's unless Central tell's you different. I put 4 in for breaking set and also for 4 hooking my set.[/QUOTE

That drives me nuts when I roll into PDX and see that. My trailer is always the back one of a hooked set! Tell those lazy co-workers to get with the program. Bet they claim four when they just drop the set hooked.

That drives me nuts when I roll into PDX and see that. My trailer is always the back one of a hooked set! Tell those lazy co-workers to get with the program. Bet they claim four when they just drop the set hooked.
Sort like SEA drivers that don't scale their trailers. I find out that when I start hooking. To the dock it goes. You're a city driver, anyway. That's the PDX way brother. I bring in 3, and break everything down and put the front away. Unless they're SEA's then I leave them together

Sort like SEA drivers that don't scale their trailers. I find out that when I start hooking. To the dock it goes. You're a city driver, anyway. That's the PDX way brother. I bring in 3, and break everything down and put the front away. Unless they're SEA's then I leave them together

I've never seen triples still hooked in PDX, always doubles. So you better get it through your bro's uncertified triples head to break things down. Didn't one or two of your drivers get fired a few years ago for claiming four when all they were doing is dropping a hooked set?