how many have crossed the picket line in portland

Discussion in 'Oak Harbor' started by buckaloo, Jan 12, 2009.

1. buckaloo

buckaloo New Member

just wondering how many have went back to work.

2. foster1662

foster1662 Member

I would estimate 11 Drivers, 5 Dock crossed, all within the first month, nothing recent.

(3) Were in the same family
    (2) Had recent DUII Convictions and could not find other
    work.
    (1) Crossed, came back out and wasn't welcome went
    back in ( current status unknown).
    (1) Quit, found other employment.

3. silvertooth

silvertooth Member

Portland strike pay is low, about $600 a month less than they are receiving up north. Not that I can sympathize with any kind of "line crosser". When the NLRB enforces a reinstatement I hope all those guys get forced out. The replacements will be out the door, and looking for the next neighbors job to steal.

When you are a "line crosser" or replacement your future is pretty dim, I am sure as desperate as they must have been. 1.To take a job with very uncertain pretenses. 2. To do something that while legally protected is completely immoral. 3. To impose themselves to daily harassment by striking Teamsters. I will remember you all I don't care if it's 20 years from now, once a "line crosser" forever a "line crosser".

My highest regards to all the Teamsters who have been and continue to hold the line, especially those in Portland who do so at a significantly higher financial burden than their Auburn counterparts.

4. Kiddriver

Kiddriver Member

Well Said.... Also I heard the guys way up north local 231 get $200 a week. HOLD THE LINE!

5. Day Tripper

Day Tripper Member

Well whoopee, local 760, 500.00 big ones a week. Why go to work?

6. truckchick1

truckchick1 Active Member

I would do this for free to show what scumbags the VP's are. How come their cousins can run a company without all this turmoil. Maybe they aren't sleeping around and understand what a real trucking needs to operate.

7. mrbg7698

mrbg7698 Member

To start with their cousins realize (as would most employers) that when you have a customer based business, and it is actually your employees that have a good relationship with those customers you kick all your customers to the curb.
    the vps wopuld rather close the doors than admit ant kind of defeat! They are no more than spoiled little b*s*a*d* that REALLY do need there a**** beat!
    As for their religion, well some belive, some don't, and some (like the vps) try to use it to their advantage. If the truly did believe they would be quite certain that after they move on to the next world it WILL be HELL!

By the way odawg good point.:waycool: