Estes | How many hours are you P&D guys getting?

Linehaul3Life

TB Lurker
Credits
I know it varies by terminal and route. Just trying to get a general idea of what you guys are getting.

I run linehaul but I see myself switching to the city side at some point. Working nights is getting old. Very hard to walk away from the linehaul paycheck though. But I know it will be for the best in the long term for my health and career, given the fact that linehaul will be ripe for the picking when autonomous trucks hit the road, whenever that happens.

I think city driving will be relatively safe for a lot longer.

I know it varies by terminal and route. Just trying to get a general idea of what you guys are getting.

I run linehaul but I see myself switching to the city side at some point. Working nights is getting old. Very hard to walk away from the linehaul paycheck though. But I know it will be for the best in the long term for my health and career, given the fact that linehaul will be ripe for the picking when autonomous trucks hit the road, whenever that happens.

I feel you driver, I’m in the same boat of wanting to come off nights. P&D drivers in my terminal are getting 45-50 hours usually, which is ok for me.

I transferred to a small terminal and I’m not getting any hours. But it all depends on the market you’re going to be running out of also

I don't know what your age is, but autonomous trucks are a long long way off in the future. The stresd level is off the charts at times running city P& D. You will never be able to do enough and you will only get home in time to go to bed only to get up next morning and do it again. I would definitely stay in Linehaul and try to get a schedule run. P &D isn't what you think. That's my two cents worth.

P&d guys at my terminal are doing 60 hours+. We're busy as hell and don't have enough drivers though.