Holland | How many miles?

BrysF150

TB Lurker
Credits
I just had an interview today at the Mansfield terminal. I am just wandering how many miles a week a USF Holland driver usually gets.

thanks!

brysf150 the line haul hiring process is a little slow. when you take the physical your hired.
then be ready to work hard and work smart. use the first year to work all your bugs out (paper work wise that is). this is a solid place to work.
mileage depends on freight load, but there are installed minimums. Good Luck

sounds like they are looking for 6 drivers out of the mansfield terminal alone so i'm hoping to be the first so i can start off with a few guys below me!
:funky:
Right now I'm working for Sygma out of Columbus, OH. They are teamsters. Does anyone know if my teamster "seniority" for retiremnent and stuff like that will carry over?

Right now I'm working for Sygma out of Columbus, OH. They are teamsters. Does anyone know if my teamster "seniority" for retiremnent and stuff like that will carry over?

Check with your local but the time in the union should go toward your retirement.

Plan on packing a 6 day bag. You start at the bottom of the board but you will get 2500 to 3000 miles and make about 58000 first year. A bid will take about two to three years.

man you guys really were not joking around about a long hiring process! still havent got a yes/no back from my application. I heard that Holland was expanding by 450 drivers. Is that true and why?

It is true. Also it is because of growth, and the fact that a ton of guys always retire right before or right after a contract.

finally got my driving/written test in today :TR10driving03:

Everything sounded promising from the terminal, but they said it had to go back to headquarters so they can do some further checking.... anybody know how long it usually takes after the road/written test?

thanks

scratch my last post.... found the answers i was looking for.....

Congrats brysf150,
I applied at Holland way back in March and after 22 years of safe accident free driving, I was declined. :nutkick: Till this day I was never told why or what I've done wrong on my application.
I left UPSF for a chance their, but it back fired. Now I'm out looking again.
Big "O" was tolerable to work for, but after brown came in, I had enough.
Anyway glad you got the job at woodenshoe, my search still continues!:chairshot:

sorry to hear that... i just about gave up on them. Started applying elsewhere. The background screening seems to be pretty intense. I applied at a smaller terminal so I think that might have helped me (less applicants).

Suppose to start monday. Not sure if there is a conway terminal in IL but i heard they are hiring everywhere.... good luck

sorry to hear that... i just about gave up on them. Started applying elsewhere. The background screening seems to be pretty intense. I applied at a smaller terminal so I think that might have helped me (less applicants).

Suppose to start monday. Not sure if there is a conway terminal in IL but i heard they are hiring everywhere.... good luck

A smaller terminal probaly does make a big difference. When Conway ever turns into a drop and hook company, :biglaugh: it wouldn't be too bad, but the way they are set-up now, dock work here, dockwork there, I'll pass. There always a reason why a company is hiring everywhere.
I'll see you.

yea i know i finally gave up on USF and applied at conway and was suppose to have a roadtest this week but it sounds like starting off would be a pain......