XPO | How many years do you have?

S

shortcircuit

I am curious, as to how many "senior" drivers are here. Please post your state and years if you would, so we can all see who's who, 10-4? :)

Me, I'm in WA and have 10 years in the bag :)

ShortCircuit

shortcircuit said:
I am curious, as to how many "senior" drivers are here. Please post your state and years if you would, so we can all see who's who, 10-4? :)

Me, I'm in WA and have 10 years in the bag :)

ShortCircuit
chicagoland are ,more then ten

We have a new guy from CCX, he is glad to be out here now :)

A whole different world out in CHI isn't it?

shortcircuit said:
We have a new guy from CCX, he is glad to be out here now :)

A whole different world out in CHI isn't it?
Ya,You hit the nail on the head.

Well, I drove OTR for a little over three years, before Con-Way of course, and go tot see the "dirty side" a few times, and conclude, you would have to be from the East Coast to feel comfortable there, and logically, the same goes for people from the East Coast as well, I'm sure :)

I do know that the West Coast is also PLASTIC! The East Coast has "Grass Root" Americans! I liked the East Coast, but there are a lot of little differences that made me nervous as a driver, especially as a new driver (93-96 OTR)

demize said:
18 years, MN

COOL!!!! :bgroovy:

Yer all most there!!! :)

I can retire in 2022 at 59 according to the yearly report :)

That gives me 26 total. I guess the extra year is from the friggin 5 year policy when I started, plus a layoff, oooops, I mean "economic termination" in Jan 97 for 5 weeks, plus the 90 days?

You have to do 25 to get 100% penison or something, huh? I never read that book (grin).

ShortCircuit

badlionsfan said:
27+25........cool, i'm outta here at 52.

That's cool! At least you are on a better track than I was. :duh:

I served 9 years active in the USN, then drove for Swift (hold the jokes, it's too easy........), then Wallace, then Lifetime Doors, then/now Con-Way.

I should have checked into Con-Way Right Away ;)

ShortCircuit

shortcircuit said:
COOL!!!! :bgroovy:

Yer all most there!!! :)

I can retire in 2022 at 59 according to the yearly report :)

That gives me 26 total. I guess the extra year is from the friggin 5 year policy when I started, plus a layoff, oooops, I mean "economic termination" in Jan 97 for 5 weeks, plus the 90 days?

You have to do 25 to get 100% penison or something, huh? I never read that book (grin).

ShortCircuit

I know there is the 85 rule.. your years of service + your age equal 85 or more you can recieve full pension (Assuming you have 5+ years with the company)... So for me, Starting at 25 I can go at 55 with my 30 years in...

I'm not sure about the actual years of service without the 85 rule but I Thought it was 30... I did read that you get a bonus for each year over 30 that you work though....

Mozartsghost said:
I know there is the 85 rule.. your years of service + your age equal 85 or more you can recieve full pension (Assuming you have 5+ years with the company)... So for me, Starting at 25 I can go at 55 with my 30 years in...

I'm not sure about the actual years of service without the 85 rule but I Thought it was 30... I did read that you get a bonus for each year over 30 that you work though....
ok, i'll stay til 57. should be able to do a gravy meet and turn by then for my last 5 yrs

shortcircuit said:
That's cool! At least you are on a better track than I was. :duh:

I served 9 years active in the USN, then drove for Swift (hold the jokes, it's too easy........), then Wallace, then Lifetime Doors, then/now Con-Way.

I should have checked into Con-Way Right Away ;)

ShortCircuit
i started with schndeider, just to get the cdl and some exp til i could get in at con-way. got my cdl in may of 05, started here jan3 '06

9 1/2 years dodging potholes on the Cross Bronx. Defiantly not the same place I started out with, Changes for the worst. But the money is GREAT. .

I'm just shy of 20 years in this industry.(5 at Con-Way). I'm the guy in the song 'I've been everywhere man' I've hit every US state except Alaska, although I was as close as 6 miles from US customs on the Alaska highway. Been through every province and territory in canuckistan except the rock and I've been on roads that weren't really roads and still make me queezy thinking about it.

Dude-PWB- said:
I'm just shy of 20 years in this industry.(5 at Con-Way). I'm the guy in the song 'I've been everywhere man' I've hit every US state except Alaska, although I was as close as 6 miles from US customs on the Alaska highway. Been through every province and territory in canuckistan except the rock and I've been on roads that weren't really roads and still make me queezy thinking about it.
so what highway did you take to hawaii?? any good truckstops on the way?