How many more groups have to get involved before Dave
and Ed realize they were very wrong.:popcorn:

For Immediate Release
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
(202) 701-3051, (202) 347-4100, [email protected]
ILRF Reports Numerous Labor Rights Violations Committed by
Oak Harbor Freight Lines
International Labor Rights Forum released a new report finding that Oak Harbor
Freight Lines violated international labor rights standards. Oak Harbor is a trucking firm
headquartered in Auburn, Washington, that provides over-the-road transportation and
delivery services for many commercial clients, including the company’s the Gap, Inc., the
Maytag Corporation and others.
The report found that Oak Harbor’s decision to permanently replace its employees
was a tactic to interfere with a legitimate union’s attempt to bargain a new collective
agreement. The panel of international labor rights experts and social justice leaders
convened by ILRF found these actions to be a violation of the internationally recognized
right to freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining (ILO Conventions
87 and 98). According to the panel, Oak Harbor had intentionally provoked a strike by
proposing changes to employees’ wages, benefits and working conditions that would be
unacceptable to the union and its members during collective bargaining.
The panel also found that African-American and female employees working for a
labor contracting firm hired by Oak Harbor have suffered discrimination in their work
assignments, a clear violation of international and national laws.
Oak Harbor’s labor relations practices have also come under increased scrutiny by the
company’s customers. Since the strike began, a number of the company’s customers
reportedly have stopped using Oak Harbor for shipping, including REI, Urban Outfitters
inc., and Maytag Corporation.
The International Labor Rights Forum is an advocacy organization dedicated to
achieving just and humane treatment for workers worldwide. For more information
please visit Home | International Labor Rights Forum.
###

How many more groups have to get involved before Dave
and Ed realize they were very wrong.:popcorn:

For Immediate Release
Tuesday, November 25, 2008
(202) 701-3051, (202) 347-4100, [email protected]
ILRF Reports Numerous Labor Rights Violations Committed by
Oak Harbor Freight Lines
International Labor Rights Forum released a new report finding that Oak Harbor
Freight Lines violated international labor rights standards. Oak Harbor is a trucking firm
headquartered in Auburn, Washington, that provides over-the-road transportation and
delivery services for many commercial clients, including the company’s the Gap, Inc., the
Maytag Corporation and others.
The report found that Oak Harbor’s decision to permanently replace its employees
was a tactic to interfere with a legitimate union’s attempt to bargain a new collective
agreement. The panel of international labor rights experts and social justice leaders
convened by ILRF found these actions to be a violation of the internationally recognized
right to freedom of association and the right to collective bargaining (ILO Conventions
87 and 98). According to the panel, Oak Harbor had intentionally provoked a strike by
proposing changes to employees’ wages, benefits and working conditions that would be
unacceptable to the union and its members during collective bargaining.
The panel also found that African-American and female employees working for a
labor contracting firm hired by Oak Harbor have suffered discrimination in their work
assignments, a clear violation of international and national laws.
Oak Harbor’s labor relations practices have also come under increased scrutiny by the
company’s customers. Since the strike began, a number of the company’s customers
reportedly have stopped using Oak Harbor for shipping, including REI, Urban Outfitters
inc., and Maytag Corporation.
The International Labor Rights Forum is an advocacy organization dedicated to
achieving just and humane treatment for workers worldwide. For more information
please visit Home | International Labor Rights Forum.
###

Are they just trying to run the company into the ground for a tax right off because they have made to much money?

Every organization has a bias. Can we at least be honest enough to admit that the ILRF is not an objective group? Of course they will determine that the company is at fault. In fact, I would be willing to bet that they rarely, if ever, issue a finding that puts any company in a favorable light.

I am not saying that the complaints about Oak Harbor are without merit, so don't fire back at me with some garbage about being a company stooge. I just think that there are probably just as many organizations out there that would issue a "finding" that Oak Harbor management handled this situation perfectly, well within the law, and protected every emloyee's rights.

Everyone has their own spin on this. The truth is probably closer to the middle than either side wishes to admit.

Every organization has a bias. Can we at least be honest enough to admit that the ILRF is not an objective group? Of course they will determine that the company is at fault. In fact, I would be willing to bet that they rarely, if ever, issue a finding that puts any company in a favorable light.

I am not saying that the complaints about Oak Harbor are without merit, so don't fire back at me with some garbage about being a company stooge. I just think that there are probably just as many organizations out there that would issue a "finding" that Oak Harbor management handled this situation perfectly, well within the law, and protected every emloyee's rights.

Everyone has their own spin on this. The truth is probably closer to the middle than either side wishes to admit.
I agree, it's propaganda BS probably intended to mislead members, the NLRB's opinion is really what is of importance here.

Who in their right mind would say Joke Harbor handled this situation perfectly? name one. Did you get the DVD's mailed to your house? were you told you had to attend mandatory meetings? where were you when all this B.S. was happening? Why did Ron K send out a 9 page letter about the ULP aligations.
What is your professional view of the NLRB?

The Labor Board has found that our Unfair Labor Practice Charges against Oak Harbor Freight Lines have merit. John Payne (OHFL lawyer) has just received news of this today. In the absence of a settlement, the National Labor Relations Board, Region 19 will issue a Complaint and take Oak Harbor to trial on the following charges:

Improperly establishing and controlling a "Drivers' Committee" and directly dealing with employees through that committee.

Soliciting grievances through the Drivers' Committee, promising benefits, and granting benefits to employees.

Making unilateral changes to the Dock Workers' bid system.

Unilaterally revoking the policy of allowing time off weekend work to attend
Union meetings at the Auburn terminal.

The Board also agreed with our position that the strike is an Unfair Labor Practice Strike. This means that Oak Harbor does not have the privilege of permanently replacing the strikers. The Unfair Labor Practice concerning surface bargaining is still under investigation, but we hope to get that completed very soon, possibly in the next couple of weeks. This is great news and will hopefully force Oak Harbor to reassess its options.

If all of the facts are on the table than every labor group will get involved, The Vp's think they are above the law and can treat their employees like slaves. The line crossers do not understand.

To be honest I have always thought that the NLRB has been bias with the companies. With them saying 3 of the 5 so far have merit and that this is indeed an unfair labor practice strike that means alot. And I agree odawg every labor group should get involved.

":":Reporters at the non-union Oregonian newspaper are being offered double salaries to help their parent company, the Newhouse-owned Advance Publications, Inc., in an effort to break a strike at the Vindicator newspaper in Youngstown, Ohio."

Is this the tread of our future? How far do we have to go back before the rich just keep getting richer while we see our future go down the toilet. Please hold the line.