XPO | How much more?

Obviously your not very good at figureing things out.

I love con-way. It pays the bills. I think xme has one of best scm around.
I love running xcw every night
I love xcw it makes me happy
J.N(xme):icon_dance::Rulz::grouphug::ShakeHandsNah::bowdown:

so here it is.....ccx was spun off of cf, right?so ccx paid us like union and treated us pretty good right? so as upper management watches all the give backs the union outfits give back they are like "I don't think the union carries the big stick anymore"? right? so it appears to us (upper management speaking) that now that the teamsters have all but given up all power to the companies and our drivers can see that, so with that thought in their highly educated brains they say "hey wait a minute!!!! that means that we don't have to treat these guys good anymore bcuz with the thought of organizing out of their pea sized brains we can pretty much do as we please to these idiots" right? correct me if im wrong but we have no say in the matter, its simple they are going to do as they please bcuz like ive said before this aint ccx anymore. its Conway now and its not our Conway its theirs. im not pro union nor will I be convinced to be , but it does sadden me that the guys at the top whom don't make one red cent for this place are so blind that they will literally screw the men and woman who have made this company what it was and put food on their families tables over a number on a spread sheet....bcuz that's what it is you are no longer a human working for this place you have become a parasite eating away at their bottom line.

so here it is.....ccx was spun off of cf, right?so ccx paid us like union and treated us pretty good right? so as upper management watches all the give backs the union outfits give back they are like "I don't think the union carries the big stick anymore"? right? so it appears to us (upper management speaking) that now that the teamsters have all but given up all power to the companies and our drivers can see that, so with that thought in their highly educated brains they say "hey wait a minute!!!! that means that we don't have to treat these guys good anymore bcuz with the thought of organizing out of their pea sized brains we can pretty much do as we please to these idiots" right? correct me if im wrong but we have no say in the matter, its simple they are going to do as they please bcuz like ive said before this aint ccx anymore. its Conway now and its not our Conway its theirs. im not pro union nor will I be convinced to be , but it does sadden me that the guys at the top whom don't make one red cent for this place are so blind that they will literally screw the men and woman who have made this company what it was and put food on their families tables over a number on a spread sheet....bcuz that's what it is you are no longer a human working for this place you have become a parasite eating away at their bottom line.
So your stuck at 8 hr. Days and feel you are being screwed. Take a night time bid.. at least we can bump into any classification. That's a good thing.

wonder if stotlers [ urs ]stock investment has any thing to do with the change-------------------? food fer thought
URS Corporation provides engineering, construction, and technical services to public agencies and private sector clients worldwide. The company plans, designs, engineers, constructs, retrofits, and maintains various power-generating facilities, and systems that transmit and distribute electricity, as well as develops and installs clean air technologies. It also offers services to build, expand, and modernize infrastructure, such as surface, air, and rail transportation networks; ports and harbors; and water supply, treatment, and conveyance systems, as well as provides operations and maintenance services for completed projects. In addition, the company offers program management; planning, design, and engineering; systems engineering and technical assistance; IT services; construction and construction management; operations and maintenance; and decommissioning and closure services to various government departments and agencies. Further, it modernizes weapons systems; refurbishes military vehicles and aircraft; trains pilots; and manages military and government installations, as well as offers logistics support for military operations and supports the decommissioning of former military bases for redevelopment. Additionally, it supports programs to eliminate nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons. The company also provides engineering, procurement, and construction services for new industrial and commercial infrastructure, and process facilities; and for the expansion, modification, and up gradation of existing facilities. In addition, its services include front-end studies, engineering and process design, procurement, construction and construction management, facility management, and operations and maintenance services, as well as due diligence, permission, compliance, environmental management, pollution control, health and safety, and waste management and remediation services. The company was founded in 1904 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.

URS is military heavy, they build the systems that run the blue force trackers in our MRAPS and Humvees among many other things..Might try to get on with them after I graduate...bookoo money for doing absolutely nothing in Afghanistan..

So your stuck at 8 hr. Days and feel you are being screwed. Take a night time bid.. at least we can bump into any classification. That's a good thing.
It must be nice to think your smart enough to tell others how to run there lives. You don't know the mans situation but, that doesn't stop you from opening your piehole. You'll be fine!!!!!

It must be nice to think your smart enough to tell others how to run there lives. You don't know the mans situation but, that doesn't stop you from opening your piehole. You'll be fine!!!!!

Just offering up an idea. I couldn't care less about anybody's situation. I'm taking care of mine..yeah, I'm fine. Thanks..

Just offering up an idea. I couldn't care less about anybody's situation. I'm taking care of mine..yeah, I'm fine. Thanks..
beerfd...dude your killin me, the work has to be done, we have an o.r of 94...operating as is without any freight we are killin it, so instead of going after freight to make more money the management just picks the low hanging fruit (us) to add to the coffers.its zero effort just ummm yeah hey dsrs we ummmm are ummmm taking all of your ummmm overtime away bcuz ummmm we feel it...it has nothing to do with me being whiny it is simply like yeah were all making money and were only gonna share it with the people who dont do the actual work....that my friend is what is called being screwed....bcuz WE do the work, WE gave up 1$ PER HOUR for the stupid racks they bought, WE gave up a 401k match and dont forget WE got vacation time taken away, and now that the dorks in ann arbor are making money WE are the ones being SCREWED OVER, so sorry man im usually not one of your detractors but dude really?

Thats right,you don't care about anyone else, and thats why you keep giving your uneducated opinions about unions.

beerfd...dude your killin me, the work has to be done, we have an o.r of 94...operating as is without any freight we are killin it, so instead of going after freight to make more money the management just picks the low hanging fruit (us) to add to the coffers.its zero effort just ummm yeah hey dsrs we ummmm are ummmm taking all of your ummmm overtime away bcuz ummmm we feel it...it has nothing to do with me being whiny it is simply like yeah were all making money and were only gonna share it with the people who dont do the actual work....that my friend is what is called being screwed....bcuz WE do the work, WE gave up 1$ PER HOUR for the stupid racks they bought, WE gave up a 401k match and dont forget WE got vacation time taken away, and now that the dorks in ann arbor are making money WE are the ones being SCREWED OVER, so sorry man im usually not one of your detractors but dude really?
Will you quit trying to confuse Beerfd with facts. You have done a great job trying to explain the facts, and obviously he is clueless. I have said before I'm not sure the Union is the answer, but it's not working for us now.

Will you quit trying to confuse Beerfd with facts. You have done a great job trying to explain the facts, and obviously he is clueless. I have said before I'm not sure the Union is the answer, but it's not working for us now.

Don't confuse fact with opinions, I had my wages reduced and my 401 match changed due to the economy in 2008. I have lost ZERO vacation days. The fact is we changed from TTO to PTO, that's the fact and has always been documented information of operating methods of the company. EVERYONE holds their opinions with passion, but show me a document that states an employee will have their days off per their service rank reduced. The FACT is that you get paid a very good wage for every minute you are on the clock. Going forward your job as a driver will be just that, driver. And to Turbo's point, yes, the work has to be done. The toughest part of this change in operating models is forecasting the amount of dock work and the timing of when the freight hits the dock. The largest, most immediate change is creating start times for drivers without dock time built in to them. Our workforce is historically the most flexible within the LTL industry. Going into 2014 local management will need to step up and move away from their thirty year old methods of staffing.

Don't confuse fact with opinions, I had my wages reduced and my 401 match changed due to the economy in 2008. I have lost ZERO vacation days. The fact is we changed from TTO to PTO, that's the fact and has always been documented information of operating methods of the company. EVERYONE holds their opinions with passion, but show me a document that states an employee will have their days off per their service rank reduced. The FACT is that you get paid a very good wage for every minute you are on the clock. Going forward your job as a driver will be just that, driver. And to Turbo's point, yes, the work has to be done. The toughest part of this change in operating models is forecasting the amount of dock work and the timing of when the freight hits the dock. The largest, most immediate change is creating start times for drivers without dock time built in to them. Our workforce is historically the most flexible within the LTL industry. Going into 2014 local management will need to step up and move away from their thirty year old methods of staffing.

And you think that local management is going to do this well? All I have seen out of local management is the ability to mismanage everything they touch, play favorites with lean, not chase new business but gain revenue only by trimming off the bottom line. Efficiency is great, but some of the things I've seen and heard are ridiculous. They pinch pennies to spend dollars. Layoffs are coming, hours will be cut, linehaul bids will be reduced, who cares how many employees are affected in the process. I hated working the dock, but I did it for hours. What happens when a low man on the totem pole loses his job because he's not needed anymore? How far up the board will the line go? Three years ? Five? Seven?

The difference between YRC and ABF and Con-way is culture. Most of the guys who are die hard for the union at these outfits have never fought for anything. They didn't stand with Hoffa Sr in the 60s. You guys have something to fight for and most Con-way workers are hard workers. Just like fedex, I think the union would do you some good. And with new blood in the union at Con-way and fedex the union would gain more traction and a change in its overall culture with a new type of driver in the rank and file. Also remember, the corrupt union officials CAN be voted out. Who knows, you guys could totally change the face of the teamsters as we know it!

Good for you, because the rest of us worked for a year without accruing any vacation time. In my case, that was 4 weeks lost.

To say we didn't lose a years worth of vacation is just not true. I also lost 4 weeks of vacation when that happened.

Good for you, because the rest of us worked for a year without accruing any vacation time. In my case, that was 4 weeks lost.
Ya still hanging your hat on that from 4 years ago? All my vacation is still there. They give it to you every week now..instead of all at once. If you plan to retire,,just work the whole year and don't take off..you'll never miss anything..haha what idiots. you'll have your four weeks. conspiracy theorists.

We've had raises, bonuses all the pay restored since all that...but you folks are ashamed of all that good stuff..haha have some respect for yourselves..please...

Last edited by a moderator: