XPO | How much more?

Ya still hanging your hat on that from 4 years ago? All my vacation is still there. They give it to you every week now..instead of all at once. If you plan to retire,,just work the whole year and don't take off..you'll never miss anything..haha what idiots. you'll have your four weeks. conspiracy theorists.

We've had raises, bonuses all the pay restored since all that...but you folks are ashamed of all that good stuff..haha have some respect for yourselves..please...

We haven't had everything restored, not even close. Where's the 401k match and the 401k catch-up? Every raise we have had has been offset by insurance costs increases and inflation, we are going backwards.

Yeah. Its all the same in LTL. If u got a job that pays the bills and can refrain from sticking a pistol in your mouth or somebody else, just stay where you are and wait for death. It all pretty much sux.

:butt kiss:Lean team will coach you around the course at a terminal near you...with strips, and vest and signs signs ,signs everywhere I go I see SIGNS!!!!! Now where's the exit sign:wavey:

Do you also have a nice digital sign, like we do at YRC, informing you of the current accident and injury free days? So much for claiming poverty!

Do you also have a nice digital sign, like we do at YRC, informing you of the current accident and injury free days? So much for claiming poverty!

Theirs isn't digital, but it does have flashy lights they turn on when they have an accident/injury. But they do have a board out on the dock that was specially built with a motor and winch on it to raise it and lower it so the tallest guy and shortest girl in the office can write on it...

When is enough, enough? Drivers I realize many of you are opposed to unions , but what are your other options? You could walk away, which would make the company happy,{ lower labor rates}. You can continue to giveback, and if nothing changes that will continue to happen. We can say we've had enough. Right now drivers fear for there jobs. The only thing the company fears is the union. We may not even need to vote the union in, but we need to sign enough cards, so that it is an option. When OHIO almost went union the company sent many managers to threaten the drivers, but they also sent the apology crew out everywhere else to say they are sorry and everything was going to get better. The union threat went away and everything turned to crap again. If we stay together we can fix this.
The company can and will do whatever it wants, they know the Con/Way folks will never stand up for anything let alone themselves!:order:

Ya still hanging your hat on that from 4 years ago? All my vacation is still there. They give it to you every week now..instead of all at once. If you plan to retire,,just work the whole year and don't take off..you'll never miss anything..haha what idiots. you'll have your four weeks. conspiracy theorists.

We've had raises, bonuses all the pay restored since all that...but you folks are ashamed of all that good stuff..haha have some respect for yourselves..please...

I was in a weekly meeting where John Labrie (in person) told us that we wouldn't feel the vacation loss "until you leave the company". I was sitting there knowing that I would retire in 5 years. I guess you missed that meeting.

You all are pissing in the wind if you want to unionize. The Teamsters want FedEx so they aren't willing to go all out to get Con-Way. Without union support you're screwed. Come to think of it working for Con-Way you're screwed too. My advice would be just lay back I mean forward and enjoy it. Better yet go out and find a better job, they are out there. Plus you'll be helping Con-Way achieve their goal of high turnover to keep labor costs down.

:bananag:

If you had any respect for yourself, you wouldn't keep getting screwed and luvin it. Only an idiot couldn't figure out your getting scewed.

Don't confuse fact with opinions, I had my wages reduced and my 401 match changed due to the economy in 2008. I have lost ZERO vacation days. The fact is we changed from TTO to PTO, that's the fact and has always been documented information of operating methods of the company. EVERYONE holds their opinions with passion, but show me a document that states an employee will have their days off per their service rank reduced. The FACT is that you get paid a very good wage for every minute you are on the clock. Going forward your job as a driver will be just that, driver. And to Turbo's point, yes, the work has to be done. The toughest part of this change in operating models is forecasting the amount of dock work and the timing of when the freight hits the dock. The largest, most immediate change is creating start times for drivers without dock time built in to them. Our workforce is historically the most flexible within the LTL industry. Going into 2014 local management will need to step up and move away from their thirty year old methods of staffing.
Spin,spin,spin, how dizzy you try to make us.

You all are pissing in the wind if you want to unionize. The Teamsters want FedEx so they aren't willing to go all out to get Con-Way. Without union support you're screwed. Come to think of it working for Con-Way you're screwed too. My advice would be just lay back I mean forward and enjoy it. Better yet go out and find a better job, they are out there. Plus you'll be helping Con-Way achieve their goal of high turnover to keep labor costs down.

:bananag:

IMO they should want both... With YRC only funding 25% to the pension they need all the warm bodies they can get. Also IMO they'd have more support out of Con-way than last time with the current trajectory of the company.

If you had any respect for yourself, you wouldn't keep getting screwed and luvin it. Only an idiot couldn't figure out your getting scewed.

I haven't lost anything as far as vacation. And yes I was in the labrie meeting. I'll retire at the end of the year..and accrue all my vacation through that year. I won't take off and take a lump sum. See I'm smart..I'm not gonna let them win.
And please ..I'm sorry I don't hate my life as much as you hate yours, but that's just how it is.

We haven't had everything restored, not even close. Where's the 401k match and the 401k catch-up? Every raise we have had has been offset by insurance costs increases and inflation, we are going backwards.
I said the pay cut was restored. The 401 transition was restored last year..the match..no.

During the last meeting we had about the part timers coming in. The big dog (Leathers) asked everyone whom had been there for 10 years or longer to raise their hands and several guys raised their hands. He then said "conway freight is the #1 very best company a CDL driver can drive for, I know it and you know it". Then said , Name one company that has a better combined pay and benefit package. No one said anything.

He then went on to say "I hear guys complaining all the time saying how much they've lost so I then ask them what exactly they've lost and that's my question to you today, what have you lost?" One guy said pension/retirement and he replied that they hadn't lost it but that it was converted into a 401K and that the 401K was actually better. No one else said anything. He said we've all seen the 401k skyrocket over the last few months.

So although I'm newer, as much as I've seen here that you guys have lost a lot, I was amazed no one came up with anything else. When he asked the question I thought they were going to cover him up with things they'd lost. Made me wonder how much had really been lost.

During the last meeting we had about the part timers coming in. The big dog (Leathers) asked everyone whom had been there for 10 years or longer to raise their hands and several guys raised their hands. He then said "conway freight is the #1 very best company a CDL driver can drive for, I know it and you know it". Then said , Name one company that has a better combined pay and benefit package. No one said anything.

He then went on to say "I hear guys complaining all the time saying how much they've lost so I then ask them what exactly they've lost and that's my question to you today, what have you lost?" One guy said pension/retirement and he replied that they hadn't lost it but that it was converted into a 401K and that the 401K was actually better. No one else said anything. He said we've all seen the 401k skyrocket over the last few months.

So although I'm newer, as much as I've seen here that you guys have lost a lot, I was amazed no one came up with anything else. When he asked the question I thought they were going to cover him up with things they'd lost. Made me wonder how much had really been lost.
They're not gonna say it to him. Besides you got to go back more than 10 years. I'm sure u1 will be along and fill us in.

it is not just Sub Service its all the damned dumb Bull**** they keep adding Really !!! 1) safety circle 2) Certified assurance checker 3) Drive cam 4 ) progressive shifting 5) the famous 5 ys

Really do we need these Programs ??? Do you feel like your in Kindergarten again where the teachers have to lead you to the bathroom ?
Can we not be trusted to do our jobs without big brother peeking over my shoulder every move we make ??? I fail too see where safety circle has reduced accidents cac really >? waste of money here ! maybe the Cameras will help with some areas not sure yet?
It seems like they want to assign points and more controls on us daily to make our life as a driver a living hell !
I don't know about you but I am too busy trying to drive safety to be bothered with shifting every 15 rpms if I get close I am happy keeping that truck and myself out of harms way far more Important !
And being Coached is now the new catch Phrase if you don't measure right you will be coached if you don't drive right you will be coached if you fail to safety circle you will be coached !!!

Really what is Next >??? gps sensor in our wrist camera on our head tattoo on our bottoms !! ( Property Of Con~way Freight ) ( Void if coached more than Twice a year ) lol

One thing that's been lost for sure is job security with sub service...

They're not gonna say it to him. Besides you got to go back more than 10 years. I'm sure u1 will be along and fill us in.
Wow you finally said something I agree with. " They're not gonna say it to him". I wonder how many yrs have you been with the company?

The only question you need to ask Mr Leathers is, if we are the best why are we suffering from a driver shortage. Everybody wants to work at the best place in the industry. The reason nobody said anything is they're either scared, or to stupid to figure it out. If you really want to know what we have lost I would be happy to tell you.

Do you feel like your in Kindergarten again where the teachers have to lead you to the bathroom ?
Can we not be trusted to do our jobs without big brother peeking over my shoulder every move we make ???
It seems like they want to assign points and more controls on us daily to make our life as a driver a living hell !
I don't know about you but I am too busy trying to drive safety to be bothered with shifting every 15 rpms if I get close I am happy keeping that truck and myself out of harms way far more Important !
And being Coached is now the new catch Phrase

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this way. I just told a guy tonight "i feel like we're all being treated like a bunch of little kids." Before this job, I drove approximately 3000 miles a week for years with no supervision and once every 2-3 months a guy drove up to my location 250 miles to have a safety meeting. In 8 years I never got a ticket or had a problem. I was still home every night and off every weekend. Lordy I miss that job.

Man if I could get the freight I'd buy my own truck and trailer in a heartbeat. I'd love to just have a dedicated lane in my own truck , fill my pup up with 12-14 skids lol and run from here to Atlanta (380 miles one way) 2-3 times a week. One day freight baby. Pick it up that day and deliver it that day.