TForce | how the 24th went down

Overnite

TB Veteran
Credits
there was no arbitration, it happened just like I said, the union and ups tried to come to an agreement this week, ups made a few offers and the union said no to all of them the union made an offer to ups and they want until december to decide, the union agreed to let them have the time.

There is still no date for arbitration.

That is how long ups has to consider the offer the union made if they disagree then it goes to arbitration once in arbitration each side can ask for more time I think 3 months to get there case ready to present to the arbitrator.

The company requested a postponement from the arbiter,(they have the right to 1 postponement)the union can not prevent that! Get your facts straight! What's your agenda, to post such a falsehood?

The only way to get a postponement is for both parties to agree to it, it is not the companies right to get a postponement. But that does matter becuase that is not what happened the teamsters released a statement a few weeks after the national panel where this case was deadlocked and the union agreed to sit down with the with ups and discuss the subcontractor issue on august 24, if they could not come to an agreement the union said they reserve right to send the case to arbitration. This week was the meeting the company and union met many times, ups offered a few settlements and they were all turned down, the union offered ups a settlement and they want until december to "think it over". This has nohing to do with an arbitrator. Both sides are putting out information to spin it in there favor.

If it happened the way it said it did, why would the union give ups until December to strengthen there case while our fellow emoyees are laid off?

there was no arbitration, it happened just like I said, the union and ups tried to come to an agreement this week, ups made a few offers and the union said no to all of them the union made an offer to ups and they want until december to decide, the union agreed to let them have the time.

There is still no date for arbitration.

These are nothing but falsehoods and assumptions. The company requested a postponement(they are allowed 1) from the arbiter, which was granted, The date is now 12-14-2010. The company has no case and has been given 3.5 months to either settle the case or face the arbiter, which will not go well for them. You obviously have an agenda to post these falsehoods. I would advise all that this person has no idea of what is truly going on behind the closed doors. Go back and confer with Jeff B. some more, the company always knows best in Orlando(at least for you).

And the company and the teamsters meet before 8-24-2010 and the company offered some BS and the Teamsters said no.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only way to get a postponement is for both parties to agree to it, it is not the companies right to get a postponement. But that does matter becuase that is not what happened the teamsters released a statement a few weeks after the national panel where this case was deadlocked and the union agreed to sit down with the with ups and discuss the subcontractor issue on august 24, if they could not come to an agreement the union said they reserve right to send the case to arbitration. This week was the meeting the company and union met many times, ups offered a few settlements and they were all turned down, the union offered ups a settlement and they want until december to "think it over". This has nohing to do with an arbitrator. Both sides are putting out information to spin it in there favor.

If it happened the way it said it did, why would the union give ups until December to strengthen there case while our fellow emoyees are laid off?

You need to get your facts straight, not the spin from Jeff B. and the Orlando office boys.

You had better stop posting BS, you will never have any credibility. Either side can request 1 postponement and the other side does not have a say. The arbiter grants the postponement. the teamsters have no choice but to accept the postponement. Just as the company would if the teamster postponed. The company will settle this matter when they run out of time, because they have no case and they sure as hell don't want a 3rd party making the ruling.

Since you question my reputation let's review it.

I released our contract in a searchable format a year before we voted on it.

I released the supplements to the contract that no one could find.

I released the southern work rules supplement over a year ago that still the union hasn't

I posted how the freight was being trianglulated around most every major terminal and even posted how each lane was unbalanced to hide the return freight.

I posted how independants are running city routes and making multiple stops then running that load to a hub.

I posted a list of what terminals are being bypassed by contractors.

I posted how the company was gonna use every loophole in the contract before we even voted on it.

I posted a month ago onh what would happen on august, 24 and it happened just like I said it would.

And everytime I posted people like you would tell me I'm crazy or I'm the biggest antiunion person here and not to listen to me.

I have done more than just about anyone to make this union a successful one, yes I get info from many terminal managers, labor managers, operation managers I also get info from presidents of local unions, business agents, that is called doing due dilligence, I would never only get information from just one side becuase that is not where the truth is.

My agenda is to help my fellow employees have better working conditions and earn a fair wage.

Employee kissasses and you union cheerleaders are standing in my way of that, until people like you realize the head of the union is just as much at fault as ups is we will not get there.

You union cheerleaders want to discredit anyone who Speaks against the union or draws attention to the unions faults, by doing that your saying we should never question them? And have 100% faith that there doing what is in my best intrest, sorry I don't see that, we have to make the union represent us.

I want the same thing you want, but you better drop your Baton and stop shaking your pom poms and look at the big picture.

Since you question my reputation let's review it.

I released our contract in a searchable format a year before we voted on it.

I released the supplements to the contract that no one could find.

I released the southern work rules supplement over a year ago that still the union hasn't

I posted how the freight was being trianglulated around most every major terminal and even posted how each lane was unbalanced to hide the return freight.

I posted how independants are running city routes and making multiple stops then running that load to a hub.

I posted a list of what terminals are being bypassed by contractors.

I posted how the company was gonna use every loophole in the contract before we even voted on it.

I posted a month ago onh what would happen on august, 24 and it happened just like I said it would.

And everytime I posted people like you would tell me I'm crazy or I'm the biggest antiunion person here and not to listen to me.

I have done more than just about anyone to make this union a successful one, yes I get info from many terminal managers, labor managers, operation managers I also get info from presidents of local unions, business agents, that is called doing due dilligence, I would never only get information from just one side becuase that is not where the truth is.

My agenda is to help my fellow employees have better working conditions and earn a fair wage.

Employee kissasses and you union cheerleaders are standing in my way of that, until people like you realize the head of the union is just as much at fault as ups is we will not get there.

You union cheerleaders want to discredit anyone who Speaks against the union or draws attention to the unions faults, by doing that your saying we should never question them? And have 100% faith that there doing what is in my best intrest, sorry I don't see that, we have to make the union represent us.

I want the same thing you want, but you better drop your Baton and stop shaking your pom poms and look at the big picture.

Of course none of this nonsense you posted, address the fact that you posted lies about the postponement and the fact that the company asked for it and the Teamsters had no choice but to accept it. Or the fact that the company and the teamsters meet before the 8-24-10 arbitration hearing and when that went no where the company then asked for the postponement. Why do you post these lies? Because you have an agenda. And that agenda is to discredit the teamsters.

Those are the facts.

Here are the guidelines

Article R-28. Postponements:

"The arbitrator may postpone any hearing upon agreement of the parties, upon request of a party for good cause shown, or upon the arbitrator's own initiative."

It says parties.

Either way, we are still stuck waiting. A person might think that both sides would had enough time to figure this out.

Here are the guidelines

Article R-28. Postponements:

"The arbitrator may postpone any hearing upon agreement of the parties, upon request of a party for good cause shown, or upon the arbitrator's own initiative."

It says parties.

Each side may ask for 1 postponement. 'EACH SIDE'. You have been caught in a lie. Your agenda exposed.

Now if the Teamsters asked for the postponement then you might have a case, but it was the 'COMPANY' that requested the postponement. Why? Because the company has no case, and they are delaying the inevitable. This is no different than a continuance in a court. A side requests and the judge grants, the other side can protest or not, though it makes no difference.

I advise you to stop spinning a web of deception. You will just tangle yourself more and more.

R-28 says there are only 2 reasons for a postponement, the arbitrators own initiative, or when both parties agree when a good cause is shown.

but that is not what happened there was no arbitrator ups and the union never went to arbitration.

no, ups does not release business decisions like that, after each grievance panel they will release all the decisions by email to all managers, the teamsters do release some decisions but they do it with a positive spin, there are no facts only releases, you have to take everything with a grain of salt. Each side spins it there way. Some locals will release grievance panel decisions but those are hard to find online.

does it really mater what they said or did.The point remains the same,we stand by and let others get 2 work who are not even employs, while fellow employs sit home with no end is sight. This is something that will last for a long time, and I hope that those who are not working,can hold on,or maybe the time has come to jump ship for higher ground.Just my look on things, am I out of line or not is something I am sure, someone will tell me:poster_stupid:

R-28 says there are only 2 reasons for a postponement, the arbitrators own initiative, or when both parties agree when a good cause is shown.

but that is not what happened there was no arbitrator ups and the union never went to arbitration.

Once again, who requested the postponement? Yes, the company. Not the teamsters. Each side gets 1 postponement. There will be no others by the company. They used theirs.