TForce | how the 24th went down

Dallas does not get to agree...neither do the members, the union just does what is in their best interest and not yours or mine.....time to get back to the days when the membership ran the union and not some has been who is using his dads name but does not have character or integrity......

The contractor issue all hinges on this one grievance picked to lead the rest how this one gets decieded they all do.

The company is betting that they can offer enough money to those people affected by that grievance (in Dallas) that they will take the money and in return withdraw the grievance and the company will agree to put all road drivers back to work.

In other words if the guys in Dallas agree to withdraw the grievance the company will agree to not use contractors while roaddrivers are laidoff, if the guys in Dallas agree to that then they will get there "backpay" no one else will backpay.

The contractor issue all hinges on this one grievance picked to lead the rest how this one gets decieded they all do.

The company is betting that they can offer enough money to those people affected by that grievance (in Dallas) that they will take the money and in return withdraw the grievance and the company will agree to put all road drivers back to work.

In other words if the guys in Dallas agree to withdraw the grievance the company will agree to not use contractors while roaddrivers are laidoff, if the guys in Dallas agree to that then they will get there "backpay" no one else will backpay.

One question. How many deadlocked cases are there at the National level for contractors? Because only cases deadlocked at national panel or tied to cases dead locked at national panel are eligible for any back pay, if applicable. As you must know, many contractor cases where denied or withdraw/settled at the national panel hearings.

Wound be nice to gain ground on this. 2 year and counting lets hold the line on something, maybe make up the difference in the next contract.

...a question ? ...how do you get rid of contractors and add drivers/runs ? ..we all know the dirty little secert about the freight routing...so I contend if there is freight on your dock..your people move it...period !!!

Wound be nice to gain ground on this. 2 year and counting lets hold the line on something, maybe make up the difference in the next contract.

If this subcontractor issue does not get resolved before the next contract we are royaly screwed, if the union tries to fix this in the next contract we will have to give somthing up to fix a problem that we never should of had to begin with. That would be taking a step backwards.

Negoitians are give and take.

We have to take one step at a time, first we have to limit contractors, then we can work on expanding our runs.

You have to stop the leak before you can rebuild the dam.

Nobody likes to think of a possible strike. But if that is what it takes I'm willing. I think we both can think of a lot of good drivers no longer here because of the contractors. And a lot of drivers still here starving to death. Yes! I will carry a picket sign for them...

..unless big brother is involved its a waste of time,imhho,but by the looks of things,the package folks are not happy either.By joining forces change is possible.

Its too bad that the membership cant request or demand to have a national ups freight meeting with our leaders and have open discussion on where we are and what needs to be done to not lose any ground. I know that it is supposed to be done at union meetings except at the those meetings the local will shift it to the international and then thats it. IMO, for the benefit of the membership lets have a conference call, meetings throughout the regions, or something. This fighting in the dark just don't make any sense. Its a reflection of leadership or no?