Yellow | How the Truck Driver shortage effects you

Sad to say.
No.
Times have and always will change.
People change with them. Or should. I have. And will.
I can't give them anymore than what I give now.
It won't change with a raise and more vacation or whatever
I'm old and tired of all of this.
Thing is I just want out. As many do. But we can't retire poor. We. The over 60 crowd. With over 30 years don't have many options if you think about it.
Work. Or retire poor. I admit I take long breaks. Who doesn't? I'm not excessive.
One thing I don't do is destroy other companies property. After all. It's not yrc property.
I ramble. And sometimes I don't make much sense. That's what bouncing around on a lift does to the brain after decades. Lol
Too many factors for YRC ever to get to the level of a Roadway or Yellow. It will never be.
Only my opinion, based on my Indy YRC, that I quit at the merger. They l(City/dock)aid off all the young, kept only 180 out of 400. Anyone with a CDL left, never to return. That's the young talent YRC newds to survive and grow. Gone.

I never said it was right. I’m just saying it’s a cut throat business we work in where you either perform or you’re history. We are all just a number. Union or Not.

Train, I don’t want to call you out because you seem to be an intelligent,respectful person.
But you absolutely said it was right on your board.
It’s not right and it can’t happen at a union line.

Most non union companies don’t have layoffs...the company I work for has had only 1 in its over 60 year existence. That was in 2008-2009

No they don’t and I the union job I work has only had 1 layoff in the last 15 years.Most nons just work everyone 4 days per week to adjust to slowdowns.
You never told us your annual deductibles that go along with the $2600.00 per year you pay for your insurance.

I don’t think the layoff policy is right but I do understand it. I will say that a 10 year man would never be laid off before a 6 month guy without other serious issues involved such as accidents ... repetitive absenteeism ... or other things that would put him to the maximum point threshold of 12. It’s all about accountability where I work. Not special treatment just because you have so many years in.
Seniority is not special treatment it’s time earned. Disciplinary process should handle other issues not be used against him in a layoff.

No they don’t and I the union job I work has only had 1 layoff in the last 15 years.Most nons just work everyone 4 days per week to adjust to slowdowns.
You never told us your annual deductibles that go along with the $2600.00 per year you pay for your insurance.
FF
Don’t want to be argumentative, the deductible is 3k per person, which as you point out is not like the plan you have. The industry needs a strong and healthy YRCW. You guys deserve better. Why doesn’t manage talk to the rank and file? Our company gave a $1,000 trump bump in March and a.90 cent an hour increase in May. That is what most non union companies gave this year.

They talk to us. They just don’t listen to us. :17142:

I’m not trying to be argumentative either and I sincerely mean that.
Just pointing out that when we do the real math the disparity in pay lessens.
$2600.00 for the insurance and $3000.00 deductible per family member evens up the playing field considerably.

FF
Don’t want to be argumentative, the deductible is 3k per person, which as you point out is not like the plan you have. The industry needs a strong and healthy YRCW. You guys deserve better. Why doesn’t manage talk to the rank and file? Our company gave a $1,000 trump bump in March and a.90 cent an hour increase in May. That is what most non union companies gave this year.

I guessing you work at Fedex,which I consider the best LTL in the business.

Can the YRCW Companies stay in business if they bump drivers to market wages? Non-Union companies paying on average $28/hour. YRCW paying $22/hour. Do the math....20,000 drivers X $6/hour extra X 8 hour day X 254 working days in a year = $244 Million Dollars. This is a CATCH 22 situation for YRCW; they cant afford market rates and they wont be able to find replacement drivers at 22/hour. The separation will only get worse as the Non-Union companies are giving $1/hour pay increases while YRCW is giving .35 cents/hour.
I agree with your statement about paying drivers what they are worth, and they will line up. YRWC does not generate the profit to pay their drivers what they are worth.

The teamsters union hasn’t failed their members, certain people in positions of leadership have been disappointing but I wouldn’t say they failed their members. The pension funds are in trouble but there’s plenty of blame to go around on that. I work over 8 hours I get time and a half not after 40 hours or 60 hours.
My wife or children need medical care it’s covered with a small out of pocket cost, Dental covered,glasses or contacts covered. I get hurt on the job my salary is protected, my families healthcare still covered while I’m hurt, I come back from my injury my position is protected and my seniority is in tact and no :horseshit: games from management because I got hurt. Union rules ensure some supervisor can’t go around me to work his buddy before me and he can’t make deals on overtime union rules dictate that every man is treated equal and paid equal. Some TM, dispatcher or supervisor has his period that’s his problem not mine and I don’t have to worry about tip toeing around him. Equipment doesn’t meet MY safety standards I don’t use it till it’s fixed and
They can’t make me. I’m tired I’m done for the day not forced to go on the dock or make one more pick up.

Non union guys like to knock the Union but fail to realize if us Union men weren’t here, You non union guys would have no healthcare, no 401k and your salary would be about half of what is. The industry would :::shit::: all over the labor everywhere.

When we say “The Union” I AM THE UNION along with all my union brothers and we have some issues but many of us wouldn’t trade it given the opportunity.
Very well said
The teamsters union hasn’t failed their members, certain people in positions of leadership have been disappointing but I wouldn’t say they failed their members. The pension funds are in trouble but there’s plenty of blame to go around on that. I work over 8 hours I get time and a half not after 40 hours or 60 hours.
My wife or children need medical care it’s covered with a small out of pocket cost, Dental covered,glasses or contacts covered. I get hurt on the job my salary is protected, my families healthcare still covered while I’m hurt, I come back from my injury my position is protected and my seniority is in tact and no :horseshit: games from management because I got hurt. Union rules ensure some supervisor can’t go around me to work his buddy before me and he can’t make deals on overtime union rules dictate that every man is treated equal and paid equal. Some TM, dispatcher or supervisor has his period that’s his problem not mine and I don’t have to worry about tip toeing around him. Equipment doesn’t meet MY safety standards I don’t use it till it’s fixed and
They can’t make me. I’m tired I’m done for the day not forced to go on the dock or make one more pick up.

Non union guys like to knock the Union but fail to realize if us Union men weren’t here, You non union guys would have no healthcare, no 401k and your salary would be about half of what is. The industry would :::shit::: all over the labor everywhere.

When we say “The Union” I AM THE UNION along with all my union brothers and we have some issues but many of us wouldn’t trade it given the opportunity.
Very well said.

No leadership @ the IBT. 10 years running YRC employees vote to cut their own financial throat. ABF just voted for the a less than they had in the previous contract. All union companies allow non-union carriers to haul their freight. Rank & file & IBT Officials complain. But do nothing to prevent the freight being loaded on a scab carrier. Union Pension Fund goes broke. And all the rank & file voted for this. No one else had a say. CS finally goes broke. All of the above breaks the back of organized LTL Labor. Game over. von.

Yrc will be non union soon.
:17142:
:emoticon digging:
Digging my own eh?
You might want to try one of these...:lmao:
XTKDVa2.jpg