TForce | How to become a UPS driver

I went through their speil at ups in earth city (st.louis) when I got layed off at holland. almost all of there feeders are part time and they work from about march till august and then they are layed off and called back for the nov- dec christmass rush. They pay like you said 8.50 an hour with no benefits. I live about a 120 miles from there, and they want you to be on call 24 hours a day and live within an hour of the terminal ,I think it is a joke. they just use these drivers for their own benefit, and the drivers think they have their foot in the door when actually they are just being used. If you are one of these drivers you better not pi$$ anyone off or they will never call you back after the seasonal layoff. You have to real be a a$$ kisser with that job.Its really sorry that they do people like that I heard their are part timers there that have been waiting 7 or 8 years for a full time position.and dont even think about haveing an accident while your there or you will never have a job with them.so dont be fooled when you see alot of those drivers out there wearing that brown uniform just remember that alot of them are only making a little more than minimuim wage.
I don't know who you thought you were driving for.but even part time ups DRIVERS make a lot more than 8.50 per hour. it is the partime loaders and unloaders that make 8.50 per hour. no driver makes that little. even seasonal makes 16.50 to start. per hour

does anyone hear any rumors of full time hiring feeder drivers in the wilmington,ohio area,or cincinnati,ohio been watching your web site for a while now waiting to apply for full time don't need seasonal 28 years experience with doubles

I don't know who you thought you were driving for.but even part time ups DRIVERS make a lot more than 8.50 per hour. it is the partime loaders and unloaders that make 8.50 per hour. no driver makes that little. even seasonal makes 16.50 to start. per hour

you are wrong, if you apply to work as a seasonal driver ( im talking about the little truck), you will not be driving you will be riding along with the full time driver, you will only be helping carry boxes. they pay you around 9.50 an hr. if you do this for awhile maybe 1 day they may ask you to go full time.

you are wrong, if you apply to work as a seasonal driver ( im talking about the little truck), you will not be driving you will be riding along with the full time driver, you will only be helping carry boxes. they pay you around 9.50 an hr. if you do this for awhile maybe 1 day they may ask you to go full time.

Isn't there a greivance filed for 20,000 full time jobs that UPS failed to provide as promised in the contract. I'm an outsider, I know nothing about your agreement, just heard this, any truth to it.

the seasonal tractor trailer driver make 18 hr no benes here in stl

Ups calls the little truck a package car. and what you are talking about is a drivers helper. a drivers helper is not even a reg. partime employee. the workers that make 8.50 per hour are called a preloader or a reloader. most people start there and move up when a fulltime jobs opens up. they have seasonal feeder drivers and package car drivers and driver helpers. and always preloaders and reloaders. even a drivers helper makes 11.50 per hour. you sound like you have your info mixed up.

Ups calls the little truck a package car. and what you are talking about is a drivers helper. a drivers helper is not even a reg. partime employee. the workers that make 8.50 per hour are called a preloader or a reloader. most people start there and move up when a fulltime jobs opens up. they have seasonal feeder drivers and package car drivers and driver helpers. and always preloaders and reloaders. even a drivers helper makes 11.50 per hour. you sound like you have your info mixed up.

its was 9.50 and hr back in 07 here in columbia my son did it on his college break.

One thing I've never heard of is a fat package car driver. They work for years making around 150 stops a day just to get the chance at being a feeder!

at end of contract package car makes around 32 a hour we are at 28.97 now and feeders only make i wanna say 25 - 50 cents more a hour but they get more hours

For example, what if your at a small center and a feeder driver retires. They offer position to package driver. Doesnt he have to get a CDL to move to the feeder position?? How s this work??

For example, what if your at a small center and a feeder driver retires. They offer position to package driver. Doesnt he have to get a CDL to move to the feeder position?? How s this work??

Bid is posted. Package car driver can bid it and then they send him to school to get his CDL. I work in a center with 3 feeder drivers. I'm a package/feeder driver. I run a package route and when one of our feeder drivers goes on vacation I come off my package route and cover their feeder route.

Bid was posted for my job. I won the bid and they sent me to school to get my cdl. UPS ran the school and they put through it in a week and a half and then I tested for my CDL. Then had a one week ride with a supervisor and then they cut me loose on my own.

We have a feeder driver who wants to retire in a year and when he leaves I'll move into his job and then my package/feeder job will be bid.