How to thank a soldier..

Discussion in 'Politics' started by a9faninnc, Nov 13, 2013.

1. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

2. Guardrail

Guardrail Super Moderator Staff Member

He may not have been the best president in the world. But, he was a damn sight better than the one we got now.

3. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

Great post a9. That stuff gets to me.

I wonder if we'll ever see such a thing with our current, cut medical benefits and pay guy-in-chief? Probably not. Because he needs to have room for at least 50 journalists every time that he shows his face for a "good" photo op. Not to mention.......he hates the military and anything related to it.

4. roadway77

roadway77 Member

great post a9, and totally agree with you gaurdrail

5. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

did George Bush write this or was it

[​IMG]
    Benny Johnson

He's so full of it these Vets would not have been over there if George didn't send them there on some hair brained adventure.

Yeah I know we're supposed to look back on massive loss of life & limb as a noble cause it helps us feel better.

It would be interesting to see a non partisan study looking into who provided more benefits to veterans and who cut them back.
    But not from these hacks

One more thing its become fashionable to to voice a hearty Thank you to the vets.
    Thats nice and all but I think its a big put on. A smile in your face sort of thing not very sincere.
    I say show them with money, I think thats more honest a show of appreciation and more helpful

6. DCM_Doc

DCM_Doc Well-Known Member

You & I agree that more funding needs to go to veterans. Good luck getting a bill that increases veterans benefits past the White House. As for W he is a veteran & a fighter pilot. Obama cant pass a background check to be in the military. He sealed many of his records so a background check wouldn't get very far. Slick Willie was a draft dodger who said he "Loathed the Military". I don't consider W a military hero but he did serve. George H. W. Bush was indeed a war hero. Probably the last great military leader we had for a president was Eisenhower. This country is in desperate need of real heroes.

7. Woody

Woody Sons of Trump

There isn't enough money for troops....welfare is a higher priority

8. Northern Flash

Do you think that maybe the majority of our Country has realized the sacrifices that our soldiers have made over the years and finally realized how their sacrifices are what has given us the freedoms that we have? Have you ever thought that after the Viet Nam protests and all, maybe American's have decided to never treat our soldiers like that again? What you call "fashionable" I call honorable and respectful. But then again, with the normal selfishness that you display everyday, I wouldn't expect you to ever thank a soldier anyway.

So Barry cutting the military benefits and disrespecting them at every turn must be considered a lack of appreciation. That's what it shows to me.

9. Magoo

Magoo You don't have to be Einstein to figure it out

I heard one Vet say that instead of thanking me ask me how I am doing
    As for Barrys cuts where is the comparison study and don't forget it was Republicans screaming about the deficit

10. Northern Flash

We SHOULD be doing both!

Defending our Country is supposed to be our Govt.'s top priority, therefore the funding should also be top priority. The deficit is because we keep doling out money, Obamaphones, and "stuff" to the lazy in this country. Cut back on wasteful spending and get people off their hinders and most of this financial stuff goes away. Instead we promote a Govt. dependency.