How will the 120 bills of freight move?

Discussion in 'Oak Harbor' started by truckchick1, Jan 8, 2009.

1. truckchick1

truckchick1 Active Member

I-5 is closed, I-90 is closed, Stevens Pass is closed, Highway 12 is closed. Nothing is getting thru. But if you only have 120 bills instead of 1300 you can still rig it so that you are 98% on time.

2. Scoe

Scoe New Member

That's not really an OHFL problem. That's a huge transportation problem shared by everyone. I drive for a medical supply company, namely kidney dialysis products, and it's important to make my shuttle run to Kent everyday. I had to run on Christmas afternoon because we got behind because of the snow/ice. People's lives depend on the products that I haul, but I'm sitting at home today with my truck loaded but no place to go as according to WSDOT, there is NO viable detour around the flooding on I-5 in the Centralia/Chehalis area.

So you are right, OHFL will not be able to maintain a 98% on time rating but neither will any of their competition.

3. Kiddriver

Kiddriver Member

But the other companies are not in the financial mess that OHFL. It's one more nail in the coffin for OHFL.:TR10driving03:

4. cstaats

cstaats Member

OLYMPIA – WSDOT is making progress on reopening highways to get families and freight moving through Washington again. Crews have spent today clearing debris and plowing snow slides on US 2 Stevens Pass and hope to get US 2 open east to Wenatchee this evening. US 97 remains closed, but vehicles can access I-90 taking SR 28 to Quincy then SR 281 to George where they can intersect with I-90.

5. mrbg7698

mrbg7698 Member

When they get the raods open again maybe, just maybe joak harbor will actually have a full trailer to send north for a change!:hysterical: