ABF | How will the pension be affected if YRC contributes more

Hey! That's all mere circumstantial coincidence............I didn't intend on starting a career being the Destroyer of Companies.......

I'm sure my picture.....front and side view,........is on display in every trucking company boardroom, with the caption: " NOT Wanted".

I would think from your posts that you were actually a vintage Teamster, one who gave a day's work for a day's pay but expected the company to abide by the contract that they & the Teamsters agreed on. A genuine Teamster fulfills his obligation to the company & doesn't have to turn his back when paychecks are handed out.
I was not surprised to learn that Bob Young actually respected those who insisted that the company also honor the terms of the contract if they gave a days work for a day's pay.

Hey! That's all mere circumstantial coincidence............I didn't intend on starting a career being the Destroyer of Companies.......

I'm sure my picture.....front and side view,........is on display in every trucking company boardroom, with the caption: " NOT Wanted".

Canary, you know this was Gooberlip Gump's assumption, so it must be true!

Bubba, I think the federal government not paying flood insurance is the way to go. It is just welfare for the supper rich not just the rich. All those people who live on the coast have more money they can spend and there is nothing there except vacation homes. Why should we pay to rebuild super rich peoples vacation homes (these people only stay in them 2 or 3 weeks a year) when our pension is the only thing keeping us from the homeless shelters? Why will we never learn? The rich and the federal government are out to get us.

I received a private message from Jaloc today informing me of the outline of ABF contract 2.0 had we voted no. According to Jaloc, the company was prepared to offer ABF employees $35 hour with $20 hour raises over the 5yr contract. He, Jalock, pointed out that the yes vote payout (bonus) would have risen to $5,000 per employee instead of $1,000. I didn't realize that Jaloc had such excellent contacts but he said he is good friends with the Washington insider who sent a letter to the New York Times about the silent resistance in the Donald Trump administration. His best friend, and Washington insider, expects to make millions of dollars on his vacation home renovations from federal government after hurricane Florence. Jaloc is a person in the know; his every word is the absolute truth.

Bubba, I think the federal government not paying flood insurance is the way to go. It is just welfare for the supper rich not just the rich. All those people who live on the coast have more money they can spend and there is nothing there except vacation homes. Why should we pay to rebuild super rich peoples vacation homes (these people only stay in them 2 or 3 weeks a year) when our pension is the only thing keeping us from the homeless shelters? Why will we never learn? The rich and the federal government are out to get us.

I received a private message from Jaloc today informing me of the outline of ABF contract 2.0 had we voted no. According to Jaloc, the company was prepared to offer ABF employees $35 hour with $20 hour raises over the 5yr contract. He, Jalock, pointed out that the yes vote payout (bonus) would have risen to $5,000 per employee instead of $1,000. I didn't realize that Jaloc had such excellent contacts but he said he is good friends with the Washington insider who sent a letter to the New York Times about the silent resistance in the Donald Trump administration. His best friend, and Washington insider, expects to make millions of dollars on his vacation home renovations from federal government after hurricane Florence. Jaloc is a person in the know; his every word is the absolute truth.
But, but Bubba Gump really pushed for this contract! Now most of you are stuck with it!

But, but Bubba Gump really pushed for this contract! Now most of you are stuck with it!
Yes he did. See Bubba, we would be making $35.00 an hour but you refused to listen to Nancy Pelosi (aka jalico) when he/she told us to vote no. This is all your fault.....you know Nancy/jaloc would never lie to us. Shame, shame, shame on you Bubba. And now this hurricane is going to be our punishment for not listening to Nancy/jaloc.

I'm going to start leaving a bill in dispatch for Bubba. I might even put a lean on his boat (maybe my shoulder but if I'm lucky both feet as I reel a big bass).

Homesick old buddy, this may let you rest a little easier tonight, actually there are 5 of us super rich that live down here on the coast, year round, me another PIE, Carolina, Roadway and a CF driver.
Although my home is only 7' above sea level none of us carry flood insurance.
I'll admit, I have stached my CS Pension for 28 yrs, so I can handle a little storm damage now and then.
I hope you get a good nights sleep knowing that 5 of the super rich are not in your pocket.

Homesick old buddy, this may let you rest a little easier tonight, actually there are 5 of us super rich that live down here on the coast, year round, me another PIE, Carolina, Roadway and a CF driver.
I'll admit, I have stached my CS Pension for 28 yrs, so I can handle a little storm damage now and then.
I hope you get a good nights sleep knowing that 5 of the super rich are not in your pocket.

Glad you have resurfaced. Hope you’re keeping your head above water and have incurred no circumstance that you cannot overcome.

Glad you have resurfaced. Hope you’re keeping your head above water and have incurred no circumstance that you cannot overcome.
Thanks El, we really dodged a bullet I feel, I had a lot of interior water damage, floors can be refinished, didn't lose my dock.
I am very thankful, others were not so fortunate.
We still have a 6pm till 6am curfew, only residents allowed.

Why, I didn't know you're one of the.....Super Rich! You hang around with us lowly regular folk just like you're one of us!

I'll have to emulate you and start stashing my pension moneybags in a safe place........There's a lot of abandoned mineshafts in W. Penna........Have to do a little weed-clearing and see if I can find one.......
Got to hurry up because our fund just filed the paperwork for a 30% cut,....I can afford a shovel now,...but in the future,...Who Knows?

Good to hear you didn't have a complete washout,.......but mainly glad to hear you're O.K.

Prayers for all those other "Super Rich" neighbors of yours........

Cool Breeze, you are a prevaricator. No Federal Flood Insurance my ass. Every 10 years the tax payer,
pays to remodel your house. Not a bad deal, when it comes with a sea breeze too!

Brother seabreeze, I am happy you (and hopefully the others) made it out without to much damage. It sucks when the unexpected (or expected) causes you so much trouble. I know it hurts and you have my sympathy and empathy. I saw a guy on nightline the other night who said he has had to rebuild his house twice (I believe I read he was retired) and he will do it a third time but at another address. I know living on the beach is wonderful and its most peoples dream but is it really worth it to be retired and have to worry about hurricanes, storms, flooding, etc? There is old saying about fool me once.....old does not mean wrong or outdated. There are words of wisdom in old sayings; that is why they have been retold so many times though the years. I very much hope this all works out for you, and your friends, and that life gets back to be being a wonderful experience for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Cool Breeze, you are a prevaricator. No Federal Flood Insurance my ass. Every 10 years the tax payer,
pays to remodel your house. Not a bad deal, when it comes with a sea breeze too!
Bubba, I had to look up "prevaricator." Are you sure that is the word you meant?
You obviously know more about seabreeze than I do because I know less than nothing about him.

Brother seabreeze, I am happy you (and hopefully the others) made it out without to much damage. It sucks when the unexpected (or expected) causes you so much trouble. I know it hurts and you have my sympathy and empathy. I saw a guy on nightline the other night who said he has had to rebuild his house twice (I believe I read he was retired) and he will do it a third time but at another address. I know living on the beach is wonderful and its most peoples dream but is it really worth it to be retired and have to worry about hurricanes, storms, flooding, etc? There is old saying about fool me once.....old does not mean wrong or outdated. There are words of wisdom in old sayings; that is why they have been retold so many times though the years. I very much hope this all works out for you, and your friends, and that life gets back to be being a wonderful experience for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I guess all us left coasters should leave Cali to avoid fires and quakes?

I guess all us left coasters should leave Cali to avoid fires and quakes?
I understand Elwood, in your world (the real world) everyone who lives in Alaska is a victim of snow and cold? They should be compensated every year because they have property damage due to the cold, snow and blizzards? And why not? People in the south don't get snowed in. Seabreeze doesn't have to worry about the roof on his house caving in because of snow or his automobile engine freezing solid because of the cold. Homesick doesn't have to worry about being stranded at home for months because snow has blocked the driveways and roads. And with all the fires in California these last few years you should be fine. So I guess my answer is YES!

I have no idea about seabreeze’s dwelling, but if he has no mortgage, there is no requirement to maintain flood insurance, even in high risk zones.

Calling one a liar without evidence is pathetic, if not antagonistic, imho.

Why, I didn't know you're one of the.....Super Rich! You hang around with us lowly regular folk just like you're one of us!

I'll have to emulate you and start stashing my pension moneybags in a safe place........There's a lot of abandoned mineshafts in W. Penna........Have to do a little weed-clearing and see if I can find one.......
Got to hurry up because our fund just filed the paperwork for a 30% cut,....I can afford a shovel now,...but in the future,...Who Knows?

Good to hear you didn't have a complete washout,.......but mainly glad to hear you're O.K.

Prayers for all those other "Super Rich" neighbors of yours........
Brother, I'm truly sorry to hear you may lose 30% of your pension check. No jokes and no kidding, I'm very sorry to hear that.