ABF | How will the pension be affected if YRC contributes more

Maybe you better read my post again, I said 16' above sea level, my lot is 7' above sea level.
Looks like Elwood answered your question about groceries.
Your first floor is required to be 16' above,if in an AE Flood zone, 18' in a VE zone, may have changed since my house was built in 91.
I do have a special permit from CAMA, required to build within 75' from the high water mark, I'm only 34'
I do have a fantastic view, my Big R friend is a master carpenter, we built our homes with sweat equity.
For about 6 grand a week, you can rent a cottage and enjoy the view yourself.
BTW, no charge for all the info.
$6,000 a week!!!! I could pull all the equity from my house, sell my rental homes, liquidate my IRA's, borrow from my 401k, take cash advances from my credit cards......and I could only afford to stay in your neighborhood for exactly 3 and ½ days. Do they sell $3.00 beers on Wednesday or ½ price drinks before noon on Saturday? If not, I could only afford to stay 2 days and I would be destitute while looking for a homeless shelter and selling my vehicle :( …......thanks for the offer Mr. Super Rich but I need to stay in Atlanta where the other poor people live. Could you send me $5.00 for a cup of coffee? :)

$6,000 a week!!!! I could pull all the equity from my house, sell my rental homes, liquidate my IRA's, borrow from my 401k, take cash advances from my credit cards......and I could only afford to stay in your neighborhood for exactly 3 and ½ days. Do they sell $3.00 beers on Wednesday or ½ price drinks before noon on Saturday? If not, I could only afford to stay 2 days and I would be destitute while looking for a homeless shelter and selling my vehicle :( …......thanks for the offer Mr. Super Rich but I need to stay in Atlanta where the other poor people live. Could you send me $5.00 for a cup of coffee? :)

I have the place for you! Come to Western Pennsylvania.........for about $6000,.... you can buy a place overlooking the Youghiogheny River...........They might even throw in the canoe!

You get a shot'n'a beer here......Cold Iron City........don't ask for anything else......Half-price drinks?........Yinz gotta be kidding......

We got plenty of homeless shelters.........You can take a tour of Lucy Furnace......a closed steel blast furnace,.....and wonder about the reasons we have so many homeless.....

You can come out where I'm at,...about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh,.....and I can show you all the abandoned railroad right-of-ways with magnificent stone arched bridges they've made into bike paths......Or we can go on a self-guided tour of all the abandoned coal mines,...........or even better,...we can take a tour of all the abandoned whiskey distilleries around here.....( They used to make Old Overholt right down the road....tasted like Old Overcoat.....)

We can tour the closed PPG paint works and the closed PPG glass works and the closed PPG Ceramic works......
And visit all the closed and abandoned Westinghouse sites all around here.......

Bring your track shoes......As in W. Virginia....there are so many hills that all the cows have two short legs on one side, so they can graze upright.........you'll be going up and down, up and down......

Just stay out of the ravines when it rains,......

..(...I know you're pulling Bro. Seabreeze's leg....He's probably about as Super Rich as I am,.......and that ain't very...Super...at all....)..

....(....$5.00 for a cuppa coffee? You gotta quit hangin' around Starbucks...).......

Last edited:
I have the place for you! Come to Western Pennsylvania.........for about $6000,.... you can buy a place overlooking the Youghiogheny River...........They might even throw in the canoe!

You get a shot'n'a beer here......Cold Iron City........don't ask for anything else......Half-price drinks?........Yinz gotta be kidding......

We got plenty of homeless shelters.........You can take a tour of Lucy Furnace......a closed steel blast furnace,.....and wonder about the reasons we have so many homeless.....

You can come out where I'm at,...about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh,.....and I can show you all the abandoned railroad right-of-ways with magnificent stone arched bridges they've made into bike paths......Or we can go on a self-guided tour of all the abandoned coal mines,...........or even better,...we can take a tour of all the abandoned whiskey distilleries around here.....( They used to make Old Overholt right down the road....tasted like Old Overcoat.....)

We can tour the closed PPG paint works and the closed PPG glass works and the closed PPG Ceramic works......
And visit all the closed and abandoned Westinghouse sites all around here.......

Bring your track shoes......As in W. Virginia....there are so many hills that all the cows have two short legs on one side, so they can graze upright.........you'll be going up and down, up and down......

Just stay out of the ravines when it rains,......

..(...I know you're pulling Bro. Seabreeze's leg....He's probably about as Super Rich as I am,.......and that ain't very...Super...at all....)..

....(....$5.00 for a cuppa coffee? You gotta quit hangin' around Starbucks...).......

Canary, you're right, those $6000 pr. week belong to the REAL Very Rich.
I may be able to send Homesick water to make his coffe, but it will need to be boiled.

Like I told Canary, I can send you water to make your coffe, be sure you boil it first.
Different strokes for different folks, I'd rather dodge hurricanes than live in Atlanta, the best thing to ever come
from Atlanta was I 85 N.

magnificent stone arched bridges they've made into bike paths
Don't let Canary fool you. The only arches we have in Atlanta are from riding our used bikes on the pot hole ridden streets. Bike paths, we have to walk in traffic. And don't spread that closed whiskey distillery around, half Atlanta (the half I live in) would be digging up the ground so we could sift out the dirt from the spilled whiskey (free whiskey what deal).

Ya, we are so poor even hurricanes wont come here :(:sorrow:

We can raise a few bucks and rent a second-hand Category 2 typhoon from way out in the Pacific......and send it your way.....

When you’re done with it,....pack it up and send it to NYC......

I’d send them an earthquake, .....but I ain’t found any for rent yet.....

Elwood probably knows where an earthquake and an inferno can be rented. According to the news here in Georgia, those things are so plentiful in California they happen every day and can be rented for next to nothing at any pawnshop or on any street corner in LA.

Thanks for the offer to come visit but the only accident I have ever been in was on hwy 30 out of Pittsburgh. And I met my wife of 29yrs the next day.

Last edited:
Elwood probably knows where an earthquake and an inferno can be rented. According to the news here in Georgia, those things are so plentiful in California they happen every day and can be rented for next to nothing at any pawnshop or on any street corner in LA.

Thanks for the offer to come visit but the only accident I have ever been in was on hwy 30 out of Pittsburgh. And I met my wife of 29yrs the next day.

Not for rent. If you partake, you own. Make sure your homeowners is up to date and enjoy the ride. :17142:

It can be quite thrilling and incredibly humbling.

Btw, I have relatives who endure typhoons and some who experience cyclones. When the tidal surge is greater than that of the island....

Don't let Canary fool you. The only arches we have in Atlanta are from riding our used bikes on the pot hole ridden streets. Bike paths, we have to walk in traffic. And don't spread that closed whiskey distillery around, half Atlanta (the half I live in) would be digging up the ground so we could sift out the dirt from the spilled whiskey (free whiskey what deal).

There you go poor mouthing, ...are you forgetting the Golden Arches?

Not for rent. If you partake, you own. Make sure your homeowners is up to date and enjoy the ride. :17142:

It can be quite thrilling and incredibly humbling.

Btw, I have relatives who endure typhoons and some who experience cyclones. When the tidal surge is greater than that of the island....

Do you guys have a special earthquake policy, like our wind and hail?

Oh-oh! Route 30 east of Pgh. is right beside me. .....and the terminal I retired from......If you were an ABF employee in the last 25 years at the time of the accident,.......you probably have met me........

You are correct, but we call them "the dollar menu shop" and that is about the only place we can afford to eat at. My wife splurged tonight and we had "2 for $5" big mac night. I love Saturday dinner.

Living in Atl, I'm sure you know what happens if they catch a truck in the "no truck lanes"?

Living in Atl, I'm sure you know what happens if they catch a truck in the "no truck lanes"?
Actually, I don't. I drive in the third lane and through downtown and no cop or DOT has ever stopped me (day cab and they think I'm a local deliveryman). So what do they do???