• Thread starter Deleted member 5115
  • Start date

How Will You Vote?

• Yes

Votes: 34 29.3%
  • No

Votes: 82 70.7%

• Total voters
Nobody has a clue of what you are talking about....ever... time for you to come to grips that it might be you not the rest of the world....

Sure. Or maybe they don't want to admit I'm right or at the very least admit I have a point.

I see you backing off after I nailed you on your stupid "classy" justifacation excuse.

Sure. Or maybe they don't want to admit I'm right or at the very least admit I have a point.

I see you backing off after I nailed you on your stupid "classy" justifacation excuse.
Yep thats it , hit the nail right on the head....

My goodness, did the point I was making go over your head to?

To quote Shakespeare.....(...you've heard of him, perhaps?....English dude,....dead a couple years....)...."Methinks Thou Doth Protest Too Much." The "point" you were making,....to me....is that you like to argue minor disagreements into major insult-fests. You presume to think that "No" voters viscerally hate "Yes" voters,....to the point that we all forget we're Teamsters and fellow employees. I think you're sadly mistaken. Exchanges may have gotten a little heated,...but no one was ready to pull out the knives......until you decided to step in and escalate the ....as you say,..."rhetoric". Now,.....several posts,...several pages of posts, actually,....down the line,........what was accomplished? Anything edifying? Noteworthy? Educating?............Any strong arguments for "Yay'" or "Nay"?......or just a large lot of overheated blather? Pardon Me if I try to sponge off the last few pages of posts.......I'd say we're about 99% of us men,....pardon me , any Ladies here,......and it's a large male trait if someone uses insulting language, they can expect the same back,....probably in spades. You may not suspect this, Stoney,....but I can "insult, injure, and inundate" with rotten, foul language,....with the best of them. I choose not to do so because,.....welll.....Junior High School is just a long-time ago memory for me, and I would like to think I've progressed,....at least linguistically,...if not intellectually....far beyond those days. I smile with impudence at your attempt to draw me into this quagmire of your own creation.........not without hip-waders, at least.....

To quote Shakespeare.....(...you've heard of him, perhaps?....English dude,....dead a couple years....)...."Methinks Thou Doth Protest Too Much." The "point" you were making,....to me....is that you like to argue minor disagreements into major insult-fests. You presume to think that "No" voters viscerally hate "Yes" voters,....to the point that we all forget we're Teamsters and fellow employees. I think you're sadly mistaken. Exchanges may have gotten a little heated,...but no one was ready to pull out the knives......until you decided to step in and escalate the ....as you say,..."rhetoric". Now,.....several posts,...several pages of posts, actually,....down the line,........what was accomplished? Anything edifying? Noteworthy? Educating?............Any strong arguments for "Yay'" or "Nay"?......or just a large lot of overheated blather? Pardon Me if I try to sponge off the last few pages of posts.......I'd say we're about 99% of us men,....pardon me , any Ladies here,......and it's a large male trait if someone uses insulting language, they can expect the same back,....probably in spades. You may not suspect this, Stoney,....but I can "insult, injure, and inundate" with rotten, foul language,....with the best of them. I choose not to do so because,.....welll.....Junior High School is just a long-time ago memory for me, and I would like to think I've progressed,....at least linguistically,...if not intellectually....far beyond those days. I smile with impudence at your attempt to draw me into this quagmire of your own creation.........not without hip-waders, at least.....
Nice post, but I'm sure he will find something in it to argue about....

Your Posts

I have followed your posting & we agree on a lot of things. Your command & choice of words from the Kings Language is quite good. You know how to get on point in a good discussion.

From the movie King Ralph: It is far easier to whisper advice from behind the scenes rather than risk its merit at the point of attack.

Thank you, Brother Von.....There are two ways to argue here,....you can hurl scatalogical, insulting, angry words right up to where the Mods have to step in,.....or you can use overblown, stilted, poly-syllable......mis-punctuated,...language........where I sound like someones' curmudgeonly, old grandfather,.....my way will usually get a smile out of some people......

And there goes Plunger Joe talking about people who aren't even here. 'Nuff said.

I do find the diminishing number of 'no' votes disturbing but we are sill comfortably sitting against this trash that has been presented to us.

The Pay cut is nothing the weeks vacation sucks but to allow video and recording devices for discipline that would be a BIG NO from me. And I am a YRC TEAMSTER!!! And i did not vote in your POLL!!!

Between ABFer, Canaryinthemine, papa john, GO40 Muller, Docker, fat Albert, hostler, Mickey, yardmaster, and all the rest I left out. You are the greatest, in entertainment. Ya all know my position & I respect yours, whether I agree or not. I want to give everyone of you & some I left out a very BIG thank you. Because of your post's you have no idea how much money you have saved the von family in movie fees & paperback books. Besides, the movie houses really get pissed at me when I bring in my own popcorn & cooler. I keep asking for 7% across the board cut back & they look at me like I lost my mind. Of course of all the things I have lost, I do miss my mind the most. von

Thank you, Brother Von.....There are two ways to argue here,....you can hurl scatalogical, insulting, angry words right up to where the Mods have to step in,.....or you can use overblown, stilted, poly-syllable......mis-punctuated,...language........where I sound like someones' curmudgeonly, old grandfather,.....my way will usually get a smile out of some people......

Hey, if you can't beat the crap out of them, kill them with kindness.

I just hope the upsf drivers have the backbone abf drivers have when it comes to voting...
Thanks for the vote of confidence, I just hope that the backbone's still there when the ballots are counted.

The Pay cut is nothing the weeks vacation sucks but to allow video and recording devices for discipline that would be a BIG NO from me. And I am a YRC TEAMSTER!!! And i did not vote in your POLL!!!

Why would you worry about cameras? You ain't going to steal any time. The NYPD have to wear them to protect themselves from false accusations of conduct unbecoming of an officer. Just be a gentleman out there.:coffee1:

If YRC follows you and they have been know to do that and catch you stealing time they will fire you on the spot without recourse.

The 7% is no problem the loss of the vacation I think is a killer. We work hard for this company and this just seems like a slap in the face. How will ABF recruit new drivers with this kind of contract.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rather lose 7% pay at Sysco than lose a week vacation and keep my pay, I smell what your steppin in nooksack, it makes perfect sense to me!