Howdy - how important is PDTI certification?

They say "1 year OTR experience".....I will be calling them in the am.....anything you guys can think of that I could say to sway them? I will work for free for a week or whatever it takes.......

I wouldn't go working for free, it makes you sound desperate and it's not legal.

OK, thanks for the tips...would they let me drive a truck before I am an employee? Of course not. But it may get their attention...kind of like a while back I was being interviewed for a job....a physical fitness test was required - which I aced, even at my age. I watched the 2 younger than me folks fail. I was half way through the test and I heard the guy timing the test turn to someone and ask....how old is that guy? Anyway, during the interview, everything had been covered and the big dog asked me if anything else came to mind. I told him to make the test harder because if an old guy like me can ace it.....it's too easy. They looked at me, then at each other......I got the job by the way. Gotta find a way to stand out from the crowd.

They say "1 year OTR experience".....I will be calling them in the am.....anything you guys can think of that I could say to sway them? I will work for free for a week or whatever it takes.......

I wouldn't go working for free, it makes you sound desperate and it's not legal.

Something about insurance that prevents a company from letting a person work for free.

What about Indian River, a food hauler tank outfit out of FL, I know they go all over but they have nice trucks and tanker would be a dang shade better than reefer or dry.

Great point GT!

I'd much rather be "yankin' a tank" than draggin' a reefer round with all the nose they make. How do those guys sleep anyway?

No go on the Indian River....1 year otr required. Nice lady pointed me to another company she thought hired out of school......called the DM "Nope, need 1 year in the last 36 months. Go get the year and call me then. I'll give you the last job you will ever have". Funny guy.

Oilfields aren't all that bad, speaking from experience. You'll make good money but you'll earn it, especially if you go to where it's a hot commodity right now. They don't have patience for screw ups and mistakes when so many with experience are standing in line behind you. However, alot of those companies are willing to give new guys a try, just be ready to work an ungodly amout of hours and brush up on your creative writing skills for the log books.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I have delivered to many Syscos. They love making a driver take a perfectly stacked new wood skid and make 15 smaller ugly skids out of it.
Thankfully I do linehaul now. No touch

We have a great uniformed lumper service, there is really no need to unload the load yourself anymore, they are fast and get the driver going again, thats the way it oughta be, they turn inbound drivers really quick, they are watched, if they don't pack the gear Sysco won't have that employee of the lumper service back, it ain't no joke, I really think that our house doesn't want a driver to dread coming here.

As for other houses I can't speak, I met the owner of the lumper outfit, he is a nice dude and did alot of work for us at our old yard.