How's Howie doing ?

Discussion in 'New Penn' started by wongway, Oct 19, 2017.

1. wongway

wongway -15% Pay & Broke Pension Fund

So how's "HOWIE " doing in his new prez. job ?

2. newpenn22

newpenn22 Active Member

I dont know who the new president is

3. wongway

4. ABFer

ABFer Super Moderator Staff Member

Another YRC lackey/flunky how do you think he's going to do at his job?

wongway likes this.
  5. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

It's doubtful he will fix or change the issues that have been dragging down a once very good company since Yellow got their claws on it. I personally doubt he even knows what once made New Penn a step above other carriers in its service area. I find it hard to believe managment sent from Yellow would be here to fix anything but is likely more being sent to see how to suck more money out of it which is what Yellow is known for.

wongway and allnightrain44 like this.
  6. Keepingon

His BIO reads 30 years of experience started as a part time dockworker and worked his way up through many positions sales, dock supervisor, TM and exec managment. While earning a degree in Business, which I prefer over the person with the degree and no freight experience .

I guess we need to wish him well his success means we succeed . But as I posted on the YRC forum he has some house cleaning to do.

wongway and ABFer like this.
  7. ABFer

The problem is that New Penn made their money running a completely different operation than the large national companies do/did. If he's not open minded as to what made them tick all the experience in the world will do no good.

slavenomore, wongway and Keepingon like this.
  8. White

White Well-Known Member

Cart before the horse with these publicly traded companies. Freight moved+happy customers=$$. Somehow that math doesn't apply once shares are sold.

slavenomore likes this.
  9. wongway

problem is that freight now being moved on time and very bad shortage of Driver's making it worse !

10. Gto561

Gto561 Member

he won't be around long. it's been a revolving door of presidents at NP. not one of these bozos has ever done anything worth a damn and that won't change any time soon

wongway likes this.
  11. slavenomore

slavenomore US Gov Hears Foreign Corps More Than Nonunions

Just had an unpleasant experience with a useless Corporate position......a position which travels trying to improve quality control or damages or something........a waste of money...........get rid of the 53, get rid of the load bars, and stop stacking and all of his problems are solved...and no money wasted on his salary......the waste continues. The games continue..

Somehow they still think that doing things the way all the failed companies did it is gonna work.
    You can measure every inch of every skid nd the height....and fill every trailer so there is no spaces for air between any freight.......and you will still have damages......and you will still be late............................I think damage free and on time were priorities that made them money....

Now it is the insane notion that somehow what never worked for anybody else is somehow gonna work here.........it isn't.

White likes this.
  12. White

White Well-Known Member

Hey now. Ease up. It all looks good on paper. lol

Toby and slavenomore like this.
  13. Keepingon

The YRC way!

14. newpenn22

newpenn22 Active Member

At least he's young, maybe he'll have new ideas to make np a better carrier

15. Nobodycares

Nobodycares Member

Have you worked on the dock to see the majority of people out there really could care less if they damage something. Nobody is held liable, so nobody cares.

16. frtgod54

frtgod54 Member

like I said to an old boss many years ago when he said I had a bad attitude, "I didnt come here with it, you gave it to me"

17. Nobodycares

Nobodycares Member

If it is so bad then why you still there? Never seen so many miserable people sit around and bitch and moan but wouldn't leave either. The old days are not coming back no matter how much you wish they would. Living in the past will not help your future

18. ABFer

Many think that they're stuck there and for one reason or another many are stuck there.

19. Nobodycares

Nobodycares Member

I will never understand, especially in this industry and opportunities out there, how one feels they are stuck anywhere. That thought process just gives the company leverage

ABFer likes this.
  20. Keepingon

I think a lot of guys that were there when it Was New Penn before Yellow came along guys that cared and took pride in there work who are a little older now, don’t feel they should have to leave and start over again just because Yellow hires :shit: managment.
    There is nothing wrong with guys caring enough to complain and have hope that their complaints will be heard and maybe make something a little better. Not to complain would be to accept that the stuff that is wrong can’t be fixed, and that’s when the place goes out of business.

slavenomore and allnightrain44 like this.