Estes | How's it going?

drummerforhire

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
I've been reading some of the other carriers forums. Layoffs, pension cuts, slowing down, etc...

I've been running extraboard for the past few months. I can't really complain. Maybe I've been lucky. Things don't seem to be too terrible. It's still better than it was when I started in 2010.

I don't really understand why we're still hiring. We just had 2 or 3 guys start extraboard in Memphis.

How's it going for you guys?

Going pretty good for me in the east. I stay out and work most weekends though and that seems to help quite a bit. I don't think we have suffered nearly as bad as other carriers like you say. I've got friends at other carriers running the system and things are less than great as of the last month or 2. We are blessed.

At 225 we had road closure ( I 80 ) last week , but by the friday we had 1400 bills and freight all over.Central has cut back on PT so last couple of weeks have been nice for line haul.City guys are getting 45 + hrs .

At 225 we had road closure ( I 80 ) last week , but by the friday we had 1400 bills and freight all over.Central has cut back on PT so last couple of weeks have been nice for line haul.City guys are getting 45 + hrs .

That's good to hear. I love running out there. I'm glad they're cutting back on PT. Out west it always seemed like I saw more TLI trucks pulling our pups than our guys.

I still see quite a bit of PT out here, but I've been getting close to 3,000 miles a week so it's hard to complain.

My only complaint is terrible cut times,they dont mean a thing.Definitely no word of layoffs in my area,so I guess we are better off than some.

I've been reading some of the other carriers forums. Layoffs, pension cuts, slowing down, etc...

I've been running extraboard for the past few months. I can't really complain. Maybe I've been lucky. Things don't seem to be too terrible. It's still better than it was when I started in 2010.

I don't really understand why we're still hiring. We just had 2 or 3 guys start extraboard in Memphis.

How's it going for you guys?

At 028, it seems a lot slower than normal but busy enough to keep me moving at 2000-2500 a week.

I was told that it's not a lack of bills but more labor than freight.

Think all of our guys are working. I talk to an extra board driver that gets 3,000 every week. Everyone seems to be swimming in it at our barn. It's a little slow but it has been slow around Thanksgiving ever since I can remember.

My linehaul supervisor says tonnage and bills are up. I got 3000 this week and got out on my 10 every day. Can't complain.

Which region are you getting your miles at?

I've been hearing stories like yours and hearing from others getting 1000-1500 miles a week.

Im out of Dallas terminal, its been rough the past 4-6 weeks. I sat for 40hrs last wk got called in to go to little rock (325 miles) was gonna get put to bed but i called central they moved me to memphis luckily. But its been rough at least for me 1900-2200 miles.