TForce | Hows That Union Thing Working out for the UPS Parcel Drivers !!!!

Johnnybegood said:
As i have stated in the past there are plenty of ex teamsters Who worked for Big O who were screwed by the union...I myself was only screwed 2nd hand as i was a child and my father got no help when his co. closed other than wait by the phone with three kids and a mortgage..There are others with the same kind of story..So i do not need to explain that even if you were to get a good contract look at what has been happening to union companies..and ask yourself will or can they help you if they have no money in certain(CentralStates) funds or are cutting them....:duh:
Yep when I was younger teamsters didn't get me enough work at the hiring hall, but I didn't blame the companies and I didn't blame the union.

So again JBG, do you have FACTs about how the union has been bad for the UPS parcel drivers.

Lots of pages on this thread, no facts about the subject of this thread.

Its my understanding that years of credit is for vestment

If you haven't worked for a company thats paid into the Teamsters pension fund as part of your wage package,your not intitled to any union pension money.

The years of credit are only years to vest you because your pension plan would be starting at day one as of a wages,and benefit package within a signed contract by our parent UPS.

So insted of you having to work five years to be vested,you would be credited to be vested with the contract.

As far as any money,they can't legaly offer something that other Teamster companies have paid in be half of their workers under their present contracts.

My only question is what happened to the fully funded Overnite pension that the upper management was always bragging about before UPS took over?

Was that pension money a part of the take over deal,and now UPS owns are fully funded pension?

So how do we UPS Freight employees make out with a pension?

Are we just the pawns in the great union,non-union corporate chess game?

What a life,I hope social security will be enough to retire on.

I earned PT retirement credit when I was PT and it will be paid thru UPS. Then I have my CS retirement from when I worked as a casual at Carolina and for my FT years at UPS. The only way I would be "penalized" is if I retire "early". I would imagine this is how yall's retirement would unfold. It would be negotiated in the contract the same as our's. Unless UPS done spent yall's money on all this new equipment your gettin':smilie_132: :biglaugh: Just kiddin'

mossbackman said:
Yep when I was younger teamsters didn't get me enough work at the hiring hall, but I didn't blame the companies and I didn't blame the union.

So again JBG, do you have FACTs about how the union has been bad for the UPS parcel drivers.

Lots of pages on this thread, no facts about the subject of this thread.
I doubt you will get any parcel drivers who are against the union for fear of intimidation.So good luck ..Most non union guys no that if they say anything they :smilie_132: get abused...

You will know exactly what kind of contract you will have to vote on when the teamsters negotiates the small majority of upsf. Thats their plan, to negotiate a good and fair contract to this majority. And when the rest of upsf see's this contract the teamsters expect the rest to follow suit.

krash said:
I earned PT retirement credit when I was PT and it will be paid thru UPS. Then I have my CS retirement from when I worked as a casual at Carolina and for my FT years at UPS. The only way I would be "penalized" is if I retire "early". I would imagine this is how yall's retirement would unfold. It would be negotiated in the contract the same as our's. Unless UPS done spent yall's money on all this new equipment your gettin':smilie_132: :biglaugh: Just kiddin'

Man I want to stick to the topic of this thread cause I really really really wanna hear from all the anti union people about the woes that UPS drivers have about being represented by the union. . But I got to add.

WHAT NEW EQUIPMENT !!!!!!

All I've seen is O trailers with bad lights, wiring and really bad brackes. Tractors with no jakes and no power !!! Then there's those O gears those lovely O gears. Some MC terminals are running out of gears cause those O guys are taking the MC gears home with them.

All the new ups freight drivers have to do is get 52% of all workers to sigh union cards .that would put all of you in thats what they are talking about in vegas this week.

Fear of intimidation????? My fathr-in-law and brother-in-law both worked as package car drivers....And no on intimidated them..... They both are retired after 27 and 30 years,loving every minute of it....They gald to be gone but not because of the teamsters but because of UPS and their running you into the ground.....

Right to work State doesn't mean anything..

When you work for a company that has their wage and benefites rolled into a union conrtact.
You have to join the union,to receive anything.

If the majority of UPS Freight employees votes to be represented by the Teamsters union,than we'll all have to be Teamsters to receive what UPS is paying according to whatever is in a signed contract.

Like it,or not thats the way it goes.
The only other option is to resign,and hire on with another non-union trucking company.

Johnnybegood said:
I doubt you will get any parcel drivers who are against the union for fear of intimidation.So good luck ..Most non union guys no that if they say anything they :smilie_132: get abused...

prop·a·gan·da (prp-gnd) KEY

NOUN:

The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.
Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda

you said Propaganda is all you will get...

whos that propagada from the union or you. wheres your facts ?

you said As i have stated in the past there are plenty of ex teamsters Who worked for Big O who were screwed by the union...I myself was only screwed 2nd hand as i was a child and my father got no help when his co. closed other than wait by the phone with three kids and a mortgage..There are others with the same kind of story..So i do not need to explain that even if you were to get a good contract look at what has been happening to union companies..and ask yourself will or can they help you if they have no money in certain(CentralStates) funds or are cutting them....

again no facts about the union being bad for UPS Drivers

you said I doubt you will get any parcel drivers who are against the union for fear of intimidation.So good luck ..Most non union guys no that if they say anything they get abused
and one again no facts about the union being bad for UPS Drivers

Where's the real propaganda coming from JBG, is it that you've been brainwashed by Leo.

Because in all your replies you can't say how the union has been bad for UPS drivers.

Apostolic said:
When you work for a company that has their wage and benefites rolled into a union conrtact.
You have to join the union,to receive anything.

If the majority of UPS Freight employees votes to be represented by the Teamsters union,than we'll all have to be Teamsters to receive what UPS is paying according to whatever is in a signed contract.

Like it,or not thats the way it goes.
The only other option is to resign,and hire on with another non-union trucking company.
No you can pay into your bennies and not pay into the very thing that got you all of it....And then blame them for not doing their job...Never mind the were not getting paid by you....You not being you but just hypothethetical thing....You DIG!!!

mossbackman said:
prop·a·gan·da (prp-gnd) KEY

NOUN:

The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.
Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda

you said Propaganda is all you will get...

whos that propagada from the union or you. wheres your facts ?

you said As i have stated in the past there are plenty of ex teamsters Who worked for Big O who were screwed by the union...I myself was only screwed 2nd hand as i was a child and my father got no help when his co. closed other than wait by the phone with three kids and a mortgage..There are others with the same kind of story..So i do not need to explain that even if you were to get a good contract look at what has been happening to union companies..and ask yourself will or can they help you if they have no money in certain(CentralStates) funds or are cutting them....

you said I doubt you will get any parcel drivers who are against the union for fear of intimidation.So good luck ..Most non union guys no that if they say anything they get abused
and one again no facts about the union being bad for UPS Drivers

Where's the real propaganda coming from JBG, is it that you've been brainwashed by Leo.

Because in all your replies you can't say how the union has been bad for UPS drivers.
:duh: :duh: :duh: :duh: ........

Johnnybegood said:
What question did i have....I believe i made a statement.
You were asked a question and as usual you just ignored that.....Or does it help you sleep better doing all that you can to get someones goat? You state your opinion and when you are asked why you feel that way you have no answer.....Maybe just ignoring you is the best answer but I would like to think that as adults we could discuss things like adults.....

Amen to that G.T.Whats a message board for?

Why to ask questions of your peer group.
About issues you know little,or nothing about.

Just to keep making comments is something like rocking in a rocking chair.
Your moving but your not going anywhere.

Now I'm not trying to be sarcastic,or judgemental,just giving my opinion.

Johnnybegood said:
I'm done with you ..Thanks anyway.....Please ignore me....

JBG, I'm open to all comments, I really want to know some negative things about the Teamsters representation of the UPS parcel drivers. Please enlighten me.

Apostolic said:
Why to ask questions of your peer group.
About issues you know little,or nothing about.

Just to keep making comments is something like rocking in a rocking chair.
Your moving but your not going anywhere.

Now I'm not trying to be sarcastic,or judgemental,just giving my opinion.

I'm asking questions because I want to learn. I keep asking the same question because people keep giving answers that have nothing to do with the question.

The issue I want to deal with on this thread is how has being represented by the teamsters negatively impacted the teamsters.

I've heard the devil called the great deceiver before. I've also heard it said that the devil cannot lie. So how is it that he's the great deceiver? He just twists the truth and dodges straight answers to questions.

I'd like to hear some truth on this thread, you know what the questions is.