Estes | hows your miles doing

I can't believe Georgia let South Carolina run away with the game Saturday....Is Georgia that bad,or is South Carolina that good?LMAO...We'll find out about South Carolina come Saturday...Don't think we have much of a chance, the way our offense is playing...Our defense will keep us in it for while,but you can't keep them on the field forever and expect them to not get tired out..
Spurrier built himself a steel curtain. The dawgs couldn't do nothing. They really haven't shown much of an offense anyhow.

no work on monday..had to come back this morning for that stupid tsa test and now no work tonight but almost have as many miles this week in 3 days than last week

Heard something about maneuvering people around with the idea of keeping as many cdl drivers as possible at our barn. Don't know for sure what's up but it sounded like they were fixing to do some pink slipping again.

One of those Hub runs that the two guys got earlier this year that I passed on after getting dumped off the hub at the re-bid sure would be nice, but hey those two got a combined not even two years with this company, I got 11 plus. Oh well glad they are working and I got to sit home for two days this week.

Don't know about anywhere else, but we lost most of our amazon. We have 3 locations we serve, and they get a couple of skids a day, used to get a couple trailer loads a day. Heard con-way got a lot of it.

I hope whatever happens, that it doesn't interfere with me working 7 hours a day and getting drunk every night.

Spurrier built himself a steel curtain. The dawgs couldn't do nothing. They really haven't shown much of an offense anyhow.

I don't know how, but we pulled it out Saturday....Should have been 7 more points on the boards though, with the one being called back..."O" line looked like they finally got on the right page..

I don't know how, but we pulled it out Saturday....Should have been 7 more points on the boards though, with the one being called back..."O" line looked like they finally got on the right page..
Les is smarter than I gave him credit. They played some smart football

Heard something about maneuvering people around with the idea of keeping as many cdl drivers as possible at our barn. Don't know for sure what's up but it sounded like they were fixing to do some pink slipping again.

Ya know, here a few months back,they done all this hiring utility drivers and such..If they can project profits for a quarter,then why can't they project freight levels..In my accounting experiences,they should go hand in hand..My run has been down a little for the last few weeks...

I'm envious of you guys see alot of Estes trucks around the DFW and I keep thinkin that could have been me makin those big bucks! But I'm going to stick where I'm at for a couple years to get experience and then try to jump back in LTL because the money here just doesn't compare... I'm thinkin it will look real good on a resume though (beverage bulk delivery).

I'm envious of you guys see alot of Estes trucks around the DFW and I keep thinkin that could have been me makin those big bucks! But I'm going to stick where I'm at for a couple years to get experience and then try to jump back in LTL because the money here just doesn't compare... I'm thinkin it will look real good on a resume though (beverage bulk delivery).
Yeah, it's a good job and an easy job. Big break bulk terminals is the way to go. Plenty of freight, plenty of loads, plenty of scheduled runs. The money is whatever you want it to be and the stress level is low.

When you say big break bulk terminals are you talking about Estes? Sorry you're speaking in ltl terms I don't understand..lol

When you say big break bulk terminals are you talking about Estes? Sorry you're speaking in ltl terms I don't understand..lol

Yeah, big terminals that get fed from the surrounding terminals with freight heading in all directions.
However, we did get a company wide memo this week mentioning that scheduled runs are going to be fair game for everyone to keep everyone working and no one sitting at home for more than 24 hours when it gets real slow.

Wow fair game on set runs sounds good to me. neither the Dallas or ft. worth terminals are hiring for anything right now...but are those considered big break bulk terminals? I do recall the tm in Longview saying something about servicing the Dallas terminal.. But I just moved to the Dallas area so I was just wondering for sure because I still might try again with Estes later, if there is a promising future an a I have good chances of getting a set run with seniority!

im still waiting for the call from estes out of nsh. i had one interview a couple of weeks ago, but my company now that I am at is very slow, and I talk to other drivers from the LTL world and they say it dropped off, do you think its that time of year, or would the up coming election would have something to do with the slow down? cuz i need a decent paycheck for once, I was making more money in 2001 as a dockworker then I am making now with a peddle run

It's up and down. We're busy in the end of months. It seems like it has fallen off more sharply this year than last. Hopefully it's just election nonsense.