ODFL | Hydroplane

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
Heard something the other day I've never before in reference to a jackknife.Road was wet,set of pups loaded,let's say about 15000 on one.18000 on the other.Unit was said to have hydroplaned.Driver lost control.Anybody else ever heard it called hydroplane before ?

JIM BOB said:
Heard something the other day I've never before in reference to a jackknife.Road was wet,set of pups loaded,let's say about 15000 on one.18000 on the other.Unit was said to have hydroplaned.Driver lost control.Anybody else ever heard it called hydroplane before ?

what happends is u hit a puddle of water and it is to much for your tred to displace and then basically your going at a fast enuff speed that the water lifts the tires off the black top and it pretty much ski's across the water and causes u r wheels to have no grip, it happends in my car all the time when i hit puddles on the highway it just dosent whipe me out.

Until now

Until now I thought it was called driving too fast for the condition of the road.

Ever since I was a kid we have called it hyroplaning. You ever see the hydroplane boats race. They are pretty cool.

Sometimes my steers hydroplane in the groves. I think. Causing a repetitive correction as I drive in heavy rain. Maybe a light rear trlr axle might hydroplane to but I have never noticed that.