Hyw 35 in Middletown,NJ.A School Bus crashed into an illegally parked Semi

First let me say that I'm glad that the Bus Driver has non life threatening injuries.

I would like to know what being parked in a shoulder on a beautiful sunny NJ. day has to do with this accident. If the truck had mechanical problems and had his triangles out, and this Driver slammed into him, what would the story be then ?

Sorry, but would you really want YOUR Children riding with this Bus Driver ? Let me be even more honest here, let's check her phone for texting or calls at the time of impact.

Sorry, parked for coffee, checking your map, calling for directions or whatever, doesn't give anyone the right to slam into you. I see School Buses in Convenience Store Gas Stations all the time that are not parked legally in marked spaces. Does that mean I can slam into them, America has been dumbed down to the point of no return !!

First let me say that I'm glad that the Bus Driver has non life threatening injuries.

I would like to know what being parked in a shoulder on a beautiful sunny NJ. day has to do with this accident. If the truck had mechanical problems and had his triangles out, and this Driver slammed into him, what would the story be then ?

Sorry, but would you really want YOUR Children riding with this Bus Driver ? Let me be even more honest here, let's check her phone for texting or calls at the time of impact.

Sorry, parked for coffee, checking your map, calling for directions or whatever, doesn't give anyone the right to slam into you. I see School Buses in Convenience Store Gas Stations all the time that are not parked legally in marked spaces. Does that mean I can slam into them, America has been dumbed down to the point of no return !!

That's exactly why power company and telephone company poles are not allowed to be "parked" anymore either. :hide:

Over a year ago a trucker struck a police car parked on the shoulder of Route 17 in NJ. It was night time and the unmarked police car was there with no lights on (that's illegal according to NJMVC regulations) looking to catch speeders. Sadly the police officer was killed but the truck driver was condemned for his actions. In this situation, the truck was parked on the shoulder and the bus driver seems to be the "victim" and the truck driver seems again to be blamed. Anyone else see the hypocrisy here?

The truck driver was in the 7-11 store and then fled the scene of the accident. Has overhead video of scene, it doesn't look like any triangles are out. The bus driver needed to slow down,to get into the hammer lane to have way out. Don't know the traffic there, but 6:30 in the morning I am assuming there was alot of traffic for work and school, she needed to give herself away out! Second links shows the truck was right on the line, plenty of grass to pull over more but the guy parked by a utility pole.

http://abc7ny.com/news/school-bus-driver-taken-to-hospital-after-crash-in-new-jersey/1047373/
http://www.fox5ny.com/news/37578783-story

The truck driver was in the 7-11 store and then fled the scene of the accident. Has overhead video of scene, it doesn't look like any triangles are out. The bus driver needed to slow down,to get into the hammer lane to have way out. Don't know the traffic there, but 6:30 in the morning I am assuming there was alot of traffic for work and school, she needed to give herself away out! Second links shows the truck was right on the line, plenty of grass to pull over more but the guy parked by a utility pole.

http://abc7ny.com/news/school-bus-driver-taken-to-hospital-after-crash-in-new-jersey/1047373/
http://www.fox5ny.com/news/37578783-story

Not trying to assign blame here, but the section of road (Route 35) there is two lanes in each direction and is very straight and as long as the truck was not extending into the traffic lane there shouldn't have been a problem. I'm not justifying the TT driver parking there but I can't quite understand why the bus would have hit the truck anyway unless the bus driver veered out of the travel lane.

Where the trucker parked to me didn't look like it would have been blocking very much.
However my question is why that trucker ran from the scene if he felt he had no guilt?
If you know you are not guilty of anything,why not stick around to give your statment?