I-35 Waco, Texas - EXPECT DELAY Sunday night, June 29 and Monday, June 30

Credits
--- TRAFFIC ALERT ---

I-35 MAINLANES THROUGH WACO TO UNDERGO BRIDGE REPAIRS
Expect major delays and plan alternate routes

Southbound Interstate 35 over University Parks Drive (exit 335B) in Waco will be reduced to one lane for at least two nights and two days, beginning at 8 PM Sunday, June 29, 2014, in order to perform repair work on the concrete pavement in the center lane. Both the left and center lanes will be closed during repair and for several hours afterwards as the new pavement cures to the proper strength level. It is expected to take at least 40 hours, and, barring unforeseen difficulties, should be complete by 7 am Wednesday morning, July 2.

People traveling from Dallas to San Antonio should expect major delays and take the time to consider alternate routes to avoid those bottlenecks. Motorists on the west side of the metroplex should consider using SH 377 South to SH 281 South. From the east side of the metroplex, motorists can take US 45 South to US 79 South at Buffalo to I-35 in Round Rock.

Local traffic is encouraged to plan alternate routes for the duration of the repair work.
Through traffic (truckers, etc.) is encouraged to use Loop 340 around Waco and reconnect to I-35 on the south side of town.

Maintenance of this type is usually done at night so as not to impact traffic any more than necessary, but for the safety of the driving public we felt it necessary to get this portion of the work done before the July 4th weekend, due to the possibility of higher than normal traffic during the three-day weekend.

These repairs are more extensive and durable than previous short-term repairs, and therefore require a longer construction window. Additional repairs to the understructure of the bridge will be scheduled later.

Road conditions and traffic updates available on My35, Facebook: www.facebook.com/txdot and Twitter: @I35Travel, @TxDOTWacoPIO, @My35TravelTimes. DriveTexas is also a valuable resource for current traffic conditions.

http://myemail.constantcontact.com/...outes.html?soid=1103621682533&aid=BPjQuaUv444

For more information, contact:

Jodi Wheatley
I-35 Public Information
Waco District Office
Ph: 254/867-2836
Cell: 254/366-7673

Ken Roberts
Public Information Officer
Waco District Office
Ph: 254/867-2705

Texas Department of Transportation
The Texas Department of Transportation is responsible for maintaining 80,000 miles of road and for supporting aviation, rail, and public transportation across the state. TxDOT and its 11,000 employees are committed to working with others to provide safe and reliable transportation solutions for Texas by maintaining a safe system, addressing congestion, connecting Texas communities, and being a Best in Class state agency. Find out more at Home. "Like" us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/txdot ; and follow us on Twitter, www.twitter.com/txdot .

# # #