I-40 Westbound closed at North Carolina line.

More must have slid or it was worse than once thought. Some reason on the news this morning the DOT said it was expected to be cleared by 10am.

Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, motorcycle and sport car two lane tourism serving Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, Cherohala Skyway, Moonshiner28, Devils Triangle, and Six Gap North Georgia.

North Carolina has done what Tennessee won't do ...... ban trucks heading to the DRAGON. It is now illegal for trucks longer than 30 feet to operate on US 129 anywhere from US 19/74 all the way to the NC/TN State Line. They are also banned on NC 28 from NC 143 all the way to US 129. Also on the ban list is the entire Cherohala Skyway in North Carolina.
New signage will be erected to advise of the Restrictive Routes.

318 curves in 11 miles is NOT TRUCK FRIENDLY!!

I don't know about other companies but Averitt won't pay Truck Load drivers the extra miles to go around it. The driver has to eat it. They didn't the last time that stretch of road was closed...

Saia adjusted the milage last time, so I'm sure they will this time. As far as 129, the guy that drivers my truck during the day has to deliver to a store just before the tail. He said there are still some curves that he needs the whole road just to get there.

Averitt has always paid Shuttle to go around, my Charlotte bid run went from 486 to the low 600's, wore me out !