SAIA | i added Tanker endorsement today and boy was i suprised

Jack Knife

TB Veteran
Credits
in the state of SC you can not add an endorsement, you must renew you licensee, witch means you start from scratch . finger prints, haz mat test, and tanker test. just a heads up so you will know. i was lucky as i just renewed in feb and did not have to have the finger print done over. if your expiry date on your licensee changes then you will have to have it done

I have it all except passenger/coach bus and I wish that I would of did that too from the start.

When I was leaving Pepsi I got all the endorsments except P. I didn't know you had to go through that crap again just for an endorsement. Glad it wasn't that way when I added the M to my license.

when they started with these licensees i thought i would never pull a tanker so didn't get that one, who would have thought they would change what a tanker was

safety director in dls region said to hold off as the dot is not sure if the endorsement is going to be required. saia was just trying to getb ahead of it.

You guys are cutting edge here !! Getting one up on the system here for sure. I'm sure alot of drivers have no idea what you guys are talking about, but like anything else in trucking, usually if it gets talked about, it will eventually come into play, " for the sake of safety " I know over at estes, they choose to barely talk about csa, much less this issue. I was lucky enough to get all my endosements right away, as this will create a whole new can of worms for many.

Another driver shortage wolf cry from the these companies to bilk more money from the govt. It seems really ridiculous that just to add something means you have to do everything all over. Nothing more than a revenue raising tactic it seems. Ive been hearing this driver shortage fable for years, but I guess the laws of economics and supply and demand doesnt apply to the transportation industry.lol

Just transferring a FL license to NY with all endorsements cost well over $300. So I guess its imperative to do everything all at once

Another driver shortage wolf cry from the these companies to bilk more money from the govt. It seems really ridiculous that just to add something means you have to do everything all over. Nothing more than a revenue raising tactic it seems. Ive been hearing this driver shortage fable for years, but I guess the laws of economics and supply and demand doesnt apply to the transportation industry.lol

Just transferring a FL license to NY with all endorsements cost well over $300. So I guess its imperative to do everything all at once

Government is sucking the life out of everyone, and I only see it getting worse!

I wonder if the new four door intertrahionals training truck quality as a bus. We got on at our yard it looks stupid. I asked if we were lowering standards for drivers and was told that so far they have trained 150 driver. Company wide