FedEx Freight | I always wonder WHAT THEY'RE THINKING

The Red Phone!

ring , ring , ring...
Credits
I think I tend to think more about what the company is trying to do than most other drivers. This hole Watkins buy has really got my curiosity going. Dodn't know if most of you know but the Master Freight Contract is up in 08. I dodn't know how many of you were here in 93 when they went on strike this place was blown out. We were a$$hole knee deep in freight. We couldn't handle hauling a golfball to our next door neighbor if someone wanted us to. Look at he last 3 to 5 years we ahve grown but not at a fast rate like in the past, almost like it has been controlled. Thats why I dodn't get all the terminal expansions and new big barns that they were building till now. they want to have Watkins rebanded in 18 months, It is going to be very interesting this next go around with all the concessions that we are currently seeing the industry right now.

???????

Momoney said:
I think I tend to think more about what the company is trying to do than most other drivers. This hole Watkins buy has really got my curiosity going. Dodn't know if most of you know but the Master Freight Contract is up in 08. I dodn't know how many of you were here in 93 when they went on strike this place was blown out. We were a$$hole knee deep in freight. We couldn't handle hauling a golfball to our next door neighbor if someone wanted us to. Look at he last 3 to 5 years we ahve grown but not at a fast rate like in the past, almost like it has been controlled. Thats why I dodn't get all the terminal expansions and new big barns that they were building till now. they want to have Watkins rebanded in 18 months, It is going to be very interesting this next go around with all the concessions that we are currently seeing the industry right now.
To add to this, FXF is really making a big push to get rid of all the red trucks. As I was just reading through other sites, I can see our company really striving to get all this accomplished by 08. Fedex currently has a IT center in Colorado Springs. Fedex Freight is going to add another 150 IT employees to that center this year. Our general office is taking on a 90,000 square foot expansion, 4th expansion since they built the new Headquarters.

I agree with you guys we are setting up for the kill. In our barn we are breaking our records every day constantly moving more and more frt. We are going to be the number one carrier and the best place to work for. Good luck to all of us.
Smokestack :highfive:

As my SCM says, this company knows exactly what they are going to do 2yrs, 5yrs and 10yrs down the road. They have a plan, even though they don't share it with each of us. Momoney, your exactly right, it is a very controlled growth. It is done on purpose, to establish extended, long term, consistent growth. Many companies fall victim to the "too big, too fast" scenario, then they become bankrupt, having all of their eggs in one basket.

No union talk period on non forums, please read the rules.

I agree, Fedex is going to be #1 and not look back, ********************************************************WE SHALL RULE THE WORLD! HAAAHAAAAHHHHHH!

Momoney said:
To add to this, FXF is really making a big push to get rid of all the red trucks. As I was just reading through other sites, I can see our company really striving to get all this accomplished by 08. Fedex currently has a IT center in Colorado Springs. Fedex Freight is going to add another 150 IT employees to that center this year. Our general office is taking on a 90,000 square foot expansion, 4th expansion since they built the new Headquarters.

They got way out of whack with the miles on the red trucks, that coupled with the changes on the 07 models has them trying to get the 06's in.

There is a warning label on the fuel pump at work stating that the fuel is NOT compatible with 07 and newer models and it is against federal law to use it, plus it may damage the engines..........

FM

Familyman said:
There is a warning label on the fuel pump at work stating that the fuel is NOT compatible with 07 and newer models and it is against federal law to use it, plus it may damage the engines...
FM

Thanks, FM . . . . I thought I was the only one that read that. I was just thinking that I was reading it wrong. Whew! :biglaugh:

:moped:

Our L.I.N.E. tape said we would be getting our new trucks sometime in June here in the NorthWest. Our fuel pumps say the same thing. Wonder where/when we will getthe new fuel? Don't think we will be buying it on the street.

What are you guys talking about ?
I have not seen anything on our pumps.
What is this new fuel ?
Does it have less sulfur ?
So where do we fuel theese new trucks
if we can't fuel them at the barn ?

It is my understanding that low sulfer fuel will be the only fuel that will be avaliable as of October 06. but would have to check the EPA web site to be sure.

Smokestack said:
What are you guys talking about ?
What is this new fuel ?
Does it have less sulfur ?
New Federal Diesel Standards Now In Place

BOISE -
It's being called the biggest step toward cutting vehicle pollution since lead was taken out of gasoline twenty years ago.

Starting this month, in an effort to drastically improve local air quality, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency is requiring refiners and fuel importers to cut sulfur content of highway diesel fuel 97 percent, from 500 parts per million to 15.

story link

ol' man said:
Our L.I.N.E. tape said we would be getting our new trucks sometime in June here in the NorthWest. Our fuel pumps say the same thing. Wonder where/when we will getthe new fuel? Don't think we will be buying it on the street.

So does this mean the red trucks can't use the new fuel? All of ours are old red ones...

Brutus the link is not working for me brother.
But how are the trucks going to run on this stuff?
15 ppm ? It just does not seem possible ?

agreed

even at custom critical and passport - it is kind of the dirty little secret that NO one likes to talk about - our trucks not being white and having stripes and graphics on them - corp. really doesnt like it. as far as growth - we still are looking to plus up our fleet and get back into auto shipments. passport only had 15 enclosed trailers in 2000 when they were bought, they are up to 45 now - the largest fleet in the industry. those "surface expedite networks" that you see on your trucks - custom critical product - and soon into canada and mexico (training already started) - yeah, im going to be one of those EFS agents here in a few weeks. So there is a little insight i guess.

Rob