ABF | I am going to think about it really hard.

Boilerpeddle

Drawing found in trailer
Credits
I dont like it and I wish it were different but I am not going to say I will vote no right off.
I am going to think long and hard and weigh my options and my moral obligations to those who have retired.
I do believe the company will change even more drastically if the proposal is voted down.
I most likely wont be working here if its voted down and I might not be able to tolerate working here if it is voted in.
Man this really sucks.

I dont like it and I wish it were different but I am not going to say I will vote no right off.
I am going to think long and hard and weigh my options and my moral obligations to those who have retired.
I do believe the company will change even more drastically if the proposal is voted down.
I most likely wont be working here if its voted down and I might not be able to tolerate working here if it is voted in.
Man this really sucks.
I try to be the same way, you can only do what you think is best for you & your family.... That one week vacation hit sucks....

the union should have at least got your h&w paid for week vacation u lost and take it unpaid.......................................... I wish we could take the week we lost unpaid good luck when majority of guys work 6 days a week and into the 7 at times

the union should have at least got your h&w paid for week vacation u lost and take it unpaid.......................................... I wish we could take the week we lost unpaid good luck when majority of guys work 6 days a week and into the 7 at times
Got all my stuff paid off including my house. Would love to have the option to take it unpaid.

I try to be the same way, you can only do what you think is best for you & your family.... That one week vacation hit sucks....

The company didn't get the other paid time off that they wanted. I sold my sick days last year, but will probably take the time off this year. I gave up four weeks to come here from YRC to work on my retirement, and take a LONG vacation, Lord willing. We all knew this was going to be a tough contract, but I think the committee did a hell of a job, considering the current economic and competitive climate. I hate to say it, but YRC will not pay the full rate on all it's employees in 2015. They will be able to close YRC and keep the regional units open, if they even do that. The snap-back provisions written into this agreement will put the brakes on YRC trying to acquire us. ABF will still be the best LTL carrier in the industry to work for.

The company didn't get the other paid time off that they wanted. I sold my sick days last year, but will probably take the time off this year. I gave up four weeks to come here from YRC to work on my retirement, and take a LONG vacation, Lord willing. We all knew this was going to be a tough contract, but I think the committee did a hell of a job, considering the current economic and competitive climate. I hate to say it, but YRC will not pay the full rate on all it's employees in 2015. They will be able to close YRC and keep the regional units open, if they even do that. The snap-back provisions written into this agreement will put the brakes on YRC trying to acquire us. ABF will still be the best LTL carrier in the industry to work for.

I understand you did what you had to do, I can't blame you for that............. But I do have to disagree with you on 1 thing, I personally think this proposal is a disgrace for the working members, and if this is voted in, in my opinion you will be losing more then just 7% wage, 1 week vacation, There is just to much bad language in this for it to pass. Vote no and let them do it till they get it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Again I respect your opinion, but again I have to disagree. You know this is not personal, You are doing what you think is right, We just have different opinions.................

I understand you did what you had to do, I can't blame you for that............. But I do have to disagree with you on 1 thing, I personally think this proposal is a disgrace for the working members, and if this is voted in, in my opinion you will be losing more then just 7% wage, 1 week vacation, There is just to much bad language in this for it to pass. Vote no and let them do it till they get it right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Again I respect your opinion, but again I have to disagree. You know this is not personal, You are doing what you think is right, We just have different opinions.................
Trust me, I understand your sentiment, but, will a No vote get us a better deal in the current competitive climate? Regardless of our emotions, the investment community has spoken....and the snap-back language is HUGE in this agreement to prevent a YRCW acquisition and subsequent merger. The will is there! That is the way they try to do it over there. If they can't beat you, they will try to buy you. The question papa is, are WE going to give them the means to pull it off? I just don't see us in a strong bargaining position, and the $64,000 question is, (about what I will bring home this year, plus bennies) will the IBT go back to the table on our behalf with their crony sitting on YRW's Board of Directors? It sucks, but that's the rub in my opinion....God bless Brother, Let us all pray and vote our conscience and by His grace we can all deal with the outcome....Be safe!

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to my teamster brothers and sisters this is a decision you guys have to make please be wise in your decision this is a life changeing thing that our union and ABF has put before you I personally think that this is very unfair that once again the union workers have to pay for the mistakes that the company makes just please be wise in your decision your future relies on your vote I would say call there bluff don't let them use the bull crap scare tactics once again good luck this is just my opinion hope I did not offend anyone

Man this really sucks.

nothing to think about. NO without question NO

Glad you guys got a vote, we are told what we are going to pay for health insurance, lack of raises and now loss of a pension plan. But guess I could go work someplace else, just like you guys could also.

I believe we have the best drivers and dock workers in the nation and the tenure of the workforce supports this, but when customers choose to use a lower priced carrier, there is a breakeven point, where the higher wages and benefits do not result in additional revenue. Bottom line, we should all be in this together.

But, working on Plan B regardless.

Trust me, I understand your sentiment, but, will a No vote get us a better deal in the current competitive climate? Regardless of our emotions, the investment community has spoken....and the snap-back language is HUGE in this agreement to prevent a YRCW acquisition and subsequent merger. The will is there! That is the way they try to do it over there. If they can't beat you, they will try to buy you. The question papa is, are WE going to give them the means to pull it off? I just don't see us in a strong bargaining position, and the $64,000 question is, (about what I will bring home this year, plus bennies) will the IBT go back to the table on our behalf with their crony sitting on YRW's Board of Directors? It sucks, but that's the rub in my opinion....God bless Brother, Let us all pray and vote our conscience and by His grace we can all deal with the outcome....Be safe!

I believe that if this is voted in that will also make us attractive to YRCW, but I also believe that YRCW will not be able to get this done. If YRCW is going to buy ABF, then they will do it whether we take cuts or not, in my opinion

Glad you guys got a vote, we are told what we are going to pay for health insurance, lack of raises and now loss of a pension plan. But guess I could go work someplace else, just like you guys could also.

I believe we have the best drivers and dock workers in the nation and the tenure of the workforce supports this, but when customers choose to use a lower priced carrier, there is a breakeven point, where the higher wages and benefits do not result in additional revenue. Bottom line, we should all be in this together.

But, working on Plan B regardless.

I only have 1 question for you. If concessions were passed Is abf going to pass the savings to the customer?

You can't back up what you say with facts. prove it...

Pricing depends on many things like competition rates. Its not automatically passed onto the consumer.
The savings from the concessions just reduces ABFs cost. Doesn't so much affect revenue. Hello!

Pricing depends on many things like competition rates. Its not automatically passed onto the consumer.
The savings from the concessions just reduces ABFs cost. Doesn't so much affect revenue. Hello!

I don't want your opinion, I want too hear hear what he has to say.

Then put me on ignore. He can still answer, I'm not stopping him.
Btw, that wasn't opinion. Its how this business or any business works.

BTW I don't care about your opinions, I was not talking to you, I want to know what he has to say....

BTW I don't care about your opinions, I was not talking to you, I want to know what he has to say....

Just adding to the discussion is all.

But I'm right uh?

And remember, this is an open forum. I and you can respond to what I ever post we like.
If you don't want that, that's fine, use the PM.