Holland | i am thinking about working for holland

Firing wtf! Holland and yellow have some of the most sorry sacks of :::shit::: in the industry and they can't fire a one of em. Hell even the management don't give a f@$! Over there.
Agree , at least 30% to 50% of barn would be fired at any other job !!! clock milkers trucking should be the name !!!

It doesn't matter what terminal we work out of driver. It's going to be the same wherever you go in the Holland system. I and others are just giving you the honest truth. Something else you probably don't know, after you work at Holland or any other union shop you will have a harder time getting on at a non union freight carrier later on down the line. In some cases they won't even give you an interview because of that.

Thank you for your info. I am not bashing anyone i just want to hear from many voices about holland and go from their.
it sounds like many think holland is on a downward
Spiral. Do you believe that holland will not be around in a few years? Dont think the giveback in pay will be brought back in 2019?

Thank you for your info. I am not bashing anyone i just want to hear from many voices about holland and go from their.
Spiral. Do you believe that holland will not be around in a few years? Dont think the giveback in pay will be brought back in 2019?
They can't give the money back
Money ain't coming back! Company can't keep or hire good drivers, the only good drivers they have are a few old drivers that are stuck there and maybe a few new guys that will leave as soon as they see what's going on. If you want an easy no stress job where you can do as little as you want then by all means this may be a perfect job for you, while it last. There is no future at any YRC company period. It is a job though, but I didn't want just any old job anymore. What do you want?

No I haven't been fired Mr. Griz because I come to work everyday and do what I'm supposed to do. Incase you didn't know, this particular company is "fire happy", which to me is silly. Most other non union carriers give guys plenty of chances before they terminate an employee. Everyone makes mistakes. If working for a union carrier is only attractive because it's hard for a firing to stick, maybe do a little soul searching and try to come to terms with the root of the problem.

Non union freight companies are 10x as trigger happy with pink slips.btdt....

If you like a shrinking check go to holland. Might as well look for a good job now instead of settling for a dead end job like that because eventually you'll be looking for one anyway. That companies day are few.

How do you know?
It doesn't matter what terminal we work out of driver. It's going to be the same wherever you go in the Holland system. I and others are just giving you the honest truth. Something else you probably don't know, after you work at Holland or any other union shop you will have a harder time getting on at a non union freight carrier later on down the line. In some cases they won't even give you an interview because of that.

I thought those companies would give anyone a bunch of chances?

Something else you probably don't know, after you work at Holland or any other union shop you will have a harder time getting on at a non union freight carrier later on down the line. In some cases they won't even give you an interview because of that.

I have heard this may ring true with smaller southern LTL's like Wilson, AAA cooper and maybe Averitt. I don't know why you would want to go there anyway. However there are Holland drivers who left and went to the WalMart private fleet. WalMart = one of the biggest, if not the biggest anti union company in the country. I personally know YRCF and Holland drivers who went to OD and FXF. One of the drivers who went to FXF, did so after being laid of from YRCF in '08 or '09. He jumped back to the Teamsters and came back aboard with Holland in 2013. I have also heard Holland lost a couple drivers to Con Way as of late.

Last edited by a moderator:
Run the other way FAST!!! VERY FAST!!!!!!!! These people have no clue how to treat employees! Even after we saved their jobs as well as our own they havent changed a thing.

The people writting good and bad commits are you in/was at sb terminal?
All the Barns have the same problems ,very short help and morale very low after being the whipping dog for yrcf , and employees both office & driver's are like Dead men walking daily and it kinda looks like Zombies on dock at night nobody talks any more !!!

All the Barns have the same problems ,very short help and morale very low after being the whipping dog for yrcf , and employees both office & driver's are like Dead men walking daily and it kinda looks like Zombies on dock at night nobody talks any more !!!
Are you a road driver?

This is accurate......and really sad. I watched a tight knit group of guys who would always help each other out with hand freight or any other issues, turn into a bunch of disgruntled guys (including myself) that had been divided into small groups that had each other's back, but had to constantly pull knives out of each others back from the other small groups. The division was orchestrated from the top. We had become zombies who couldn't even trust our own co-workers or our management to do the right thing. The {craphole} had pretty much gone silent. And 99% of it was caused by the concessions, poor service, junk equipment, and the wall that had built in between management and employees. Nobody was pulling in the same direction any more. And look at the results now.

Bye the way, from what I hear, even the nons are giving lots of "extra" chances for driver screw ups since they have a driver shortage also. They don't have any choice if they want to move their freight.

You listed three that are "better". How many others are there? lol

The fact is that NONE of them are perfect either. They've all got their flaws too.