Holland | i am thinking about working for holland

When are you eligible for sick days and how many do you get
We get five sick days per year and four personal days. Not sure about eligibility since it's not the same across the board anymore. Why, are you feeling blue already?

Its friday during lent and no meat for me today.
tuna sub didnt taste right...
sick days paid? Personal days not paid?

Look elsewhere.....no future for you here. Me and quite a few other guys moved on(all with 15+ years) and we are all far happier now. Most of the guys that stay are stuck there for one reason or another(feel their too old to start over,tickets,dui etc.) Not blaming them for staying as they don't have much choice in some cases.....you on the other hand have a pretty easy choice I think. At least try ups freight or abf first....
I had 23 years,went to ABF after POS Yellow defaulted on the pension and I'm glad I did

You must really suck as a driver not to be hired by all those. Stay here you need the union to protect your job.
I do not need somebody to protect my job but to you Harvard Duke and Princeton grads on here since there seem to be so many let me brake it down for you these compaines invest thousands of dollars in a driver drug test back ground check physical and training and us guys who get laid off may flock over to these non union compaines and they invest all this time and money into us and you can figure it would be,atleast a month and half process by that time your getting called back off layoff and your back over here or where ever so that being said alot of these compaines will not hire due to that rereason

I do not need somebody to protect my job but to you Harvard Duke and Princeton grads on here since there seem to be so many let me brake it down for you these compaines invest thousands of dollars in a driver drug test back ground check physical and training and us guys who get laid off may flock over to these non union compaines and they invest all this time and money into us and you can figure it would be,atleast a month and half process by that time your getting called back off layoff and your back over here or where ever so that being said alot of these compaines will not hire due to that rereason
Would you "break" it down for me too? I don't know who these "companies "are?

If it's so good there and so bad here why are they coming back genious???

I would sure hope that with the driver shortage, if either line haul or city has layoff issues, they would allow them to move those laid off from board to board, versus letting freight sit.