Holland | i am thinking about working for holland

No on the tablet. I can't afford that fancy stuff. In fact, there are people that wear a watch that has a bigger screen than my cell phone. My kids tell me that's what I get for buying a $9.99 cell phone.:732:

My cell phone is so small that a toddler would seem to have fat fingers.

LH Driver= Line Haul Driver
Limited EXPERIENCE= Can't find experienced drivers......desperate.
CL= Cleveland, Ohio terminal?

Cool then I guess I'm there man. I could use the road experience throwing groceries is starting to run me out of gas. CL Cleveland, I don't live far from the terminal.

No on the tablet. I can't afford that fancy stuff. In fact, there are people that wear a watch that has a bigger screen than my cell phone. My kids tell me that's what I get for buying a $9.99 cell phone.:732:

My cell phone is so small that a toddler would seem to have fat fingers.
Your just old school no problem with that. I get a kick out of the old hands when there pissed an pull out a flip phone to give a hell raising to Central LMAO

Cool then I guess I'm there man. I could use the road experience throwing groceries is starting to run me out of gas. CL Cleveland, I don't live far from the terminal.

I would stay throwing groceries if I were you, or find a union food distributor that pays well. I did it for 29 yrs. and came to Holland 10 yrs. ago, it is a decision I regret everyday. If you want to work for the biggest lying POS company out there and drive junk equipment, stay in cockroach, bedbug infested motels, and work with people that have no respect for your personal property then Holland might be for you. Keep in mind the conditions and morale at Holland are deteriorating also, along with the fact we basically have no pension or retirement.

If you really want to work freight linehaul look at UPS Freight or ABF, their equipment is better and the companies are more stable.

Keep in mind too MikeJ there is a reason Holland is looking for drivers at nearly every terminal, a lot of them are bailing and several of the ones that do get hired figure it out quickly and leave. It is amusing to see a new hire walk out to the ready line and open the door of the truck he is to drive, then close it and walk back in to the terminal and turn everything back in.

Last edited:
If you do start working here don't leave items in the truck that you want to see again. These guys have no problem stealing from you, even down to paper towels or Clorox wipes. In the winter bring a cold weather survival kit with you to keep you from freezing to death when you break down.

In the winter bring a cold weather survival kit with you to keep you from freezing to death when you break down.

Amen on the breakdown brother, I was down for 2 hrs. and called Central back to see where the vendor was and found they had to send payment to the vendor before he would even leave his shop. 5 hrs. later and frozen I was rolling.